Finally Gets his Pardon Thanks to President Trump

DevilDog

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Brother this question intrigued me and I did a little research because I was curious why President Obama and Mr. Holder would not Pardon him and I found out why.  Mr. Holder said yes He was treated wrong but there were serious issues about him being abusive to women and that is why they didn't do it. . 

And this is some of the bad things he did to women:

Johnson met Etta Terry Duryea, a Brooklyn socialite and former wife of Clarence Duryea, at a car race in 1909. In 1910, Johnson hired a private investigator to follow Duryea after suspecting she was having an affair with his chauffeur. On Christmas day, Johnson confronted Duryea and beat her so badly she was hospitalized. They reconciled and were married in January 1911. Prone to depression, her condition worsened because of Johnson's abuse and infidelity. She committed suicide in September 1912, shooting herself.  On December 4, 1912, Johnson married Lucille Cameron. Cameron divorced him in 1924 because of infidelity.

Here is a quote from Jack

Jack's Women

"There have been countless women in my life. They have participated in my triumphs and suffered with me in my moments of dissapointment. They have inspired me to attainment and they have balked me; they have caused me joy and they have heaped misery upon me; they have been faithful to the utmost and they have been faithless; they have praised and loved me and they have hated and denounced me. Always, a woman has swayed me — sometimes many have demanded my attention at the same moment."
— Jack Johnson

Thanks brother.  I figured their had to be more behind.  Although the stupid law was the reason for his arrest and eventual pardon, I despise to the core any "man" who beats on women or children.  Nothing but the lowest little bitches.  Thanks Brother DD.

6 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Thanks brother.  I figured their had to be more behind.  Although the stupid law was the reason for his arrest and eventual pardon, I despise to the core any "man" who beats on women or children.  Nothing but the lowest little bitches.  Thanks Brother DD.

Doesn't get much lower imo.  The opposite of a MAN.  

• Like 3

22 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

No problem and I agree.  I wasn't up to speed on that part of him either until I heard Eric Holder discussing it after doing some research.  JJ was an asshole to the women in his life.  Yes the law sucked basically targeting Black Males and White Women we can see today that was an epic failure image how many JJ's we would have today xD. Though it was supposed to combat forced prostitution the  law was so broadly worded that courts held it to criminalize many forms of consensual sexual activity, and it was soon being used as a tool for political persecution of Jack Johnson. 

You know I do my research.  He actually applied for a Pardon 1 yr into his term and it looked like Woodrow Wilson (Devout Racist) would grant the Pardon but by the time it got to the President Warren G Harding (Not A Racist) had taken office and look what his Attorney General faced with the mere suggestion as Racist AMERICA was pissed at the thought and sent angry letters to the W.H.   

A.G. Harry M. Daugherty, told reporters he "might consider" a pardon for Johnson. He changed his mind four days later. The mere suggestion of a pardon had provoked an angry reaction.

"Do you know his crimes against white women?" read one letter, discovered by The Associated Press in the National Archives in 2011. "Why pardon the negro Johnson who should have 50 years in prison for his crimes against white women?" read another.

And with that, the file was closed for another 83 years

You know I poke fun at The Man.  Isn't it ironic this was called The Mann Act :D Wait for it.  give it a sec. LMAO Image result for THE MAN

• Haha 1

@thc6795 Also you were much more insightful on a few matters on this subject warrior I give props when others can see things I don't and then present them.  So I looked into your thought process when you said imagine the blow back if Obama a Black President would have given him a Pardon.  I never looked at it  that way.  So again I took a little time to see what a person with a vested interest in this matter thought.  Again thanks for that input.  1st President Bush refused claiming he only gives Pardons to the living which turned out to be damn lie.  He pardoned this guy.  A posthumous pardon to Charlie Winters, a former government procurement officer who had been convicted of violating the Neutrality Act by helping Israel obtain B-17 bombers during the Arab-Israeli war in 1948.  But Karl Rove said this about J.J.  George W. Bush was the president, and Burns said White House officials were even more blunt. "I was told by Karl Rove: 'Not gonna happen,' " he remembered Thursday. "That was it. Beginning and end of statement."

Now the part about Obama that you were so technically proficient on.  Burns is the guy who did the Documentary and pushed for this like McCain did.  Look at his comments concerning Obama. You were spot on.

Many Thought that Pres. Obama was a natural ally in Johnson's cause, Obama never strayed from Justice Department policy on pardons.

"We had no traction with the Obama administration," Burns said. "Could you imagine what would happen, given the racial dimension of this, if a black president and a black attorney general had suggested a posthumous pardon for Jack Johnson?"

That black attorney general, Eric Holder, told a New York television station in 2016 that there was "no question" that Johnson's conviction was a historical injustice.

But he said there were "countervailing concerns about the way he treated women." Belle Schreiber — the alleged prostitute that Johnson was convicted of transporting across state lines for "immoral purposes" — said Johnson had beaten her.

And this President get's away with things President Obama could never get away with.  That's a damn fact.

Obama always sought a Justice Department recommendation before granting presidential clemency. Trump's approach has done the opposite. All four of his pardons so far have circumvented the Justice Department process, even while rejecting applications from people who have formally applied. 

It must be pretty good to be THE MAN. :D

• Like 1