Yankees might hit 300 HRs this year (and still get only the wildcard)

Bormio

7 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

As a friend told me,"it's Bostons year" and the Yankees are a year away...

The playoffs are a new season, but the Yankees need better starting pitching.  Their lineup is a horror show for the opponent though.  It has been a magical year so far for the Sawx.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

That 6 game road trip to Oak and Sea might kill them - ha! Not even I believe that.

Problem with the yanks is this. They suck vs shitty teams. Baltimore Mets etc all have had some to decent SUCCESS vs the yanks. I understand the yanks are like 30 games above 500 but the yanks screwed up signing Stanton. They could have invested the 200 million or whatever it was into at least 2-3 pitchers. 

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Problem with the yanks is this. They suck vs shitty teams. Baltimore Mets etc all have had some to decent SUCCESS vs the yanks. I understand the yanks are like 30 games above 500 but the yanks screwed up signing Stanton. They could have invested the 200 million or whatever it was into at least 2-3 pitchers. 

They remind me of the 1977 Sox.  Could hit all day 1-9, but just could not get the pitching they needed.

To be fair, 74-43 most years is the best record in baseball.  The Sox are just unconscious right now.

6 minutes ago, Bormio said:

They remind me of the 1977 Sox.  Could hit all day 1-9, but just could not get the pitching they needed.

To be fair, 74-43 most years is the best record in baseball.  The Sox are just unconscious right now.

Because they have solid pitching a couple of all stars and a bunch of very good role guys who get it down. Reminds you of the 90s Yankees. Yankees pitching is old and they tried to hide it with great hitting. Defense wins championships not hitting a million homeruns

6 minutes ago, Bormio said:

That is what it boils down to.  Second best record in MLB doesn’t hold the same weight when the best record is in your division.  For the record, I still can’t stand Boone.  I feel like he was hired to be Cashman’s puppet.  0 managerial experience jump to managing the NYY?  Very odd IMO

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Because they have solid pitching a couple of all stars and a bunch of very good role guys who get it down. Reminds you of the 90s Yankees. Yankees pitching is old and they tried to hide it with great hitting. Defense wins championships not hitting a million homeruns

The whole reason I started the thread.

Sabathia to the DL.  Severino threw 98 pitches in FOUR innings.  And Aaron Judge is not coming back in 3 weeks from a wrist injury as initially projected.  And with Sabathia on the shelf, Sonny Gray may be coming back to the rotation.  Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...