Best walkoff finishes

Columbiafan

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

Lateral, it was right down the line

I agree. I see Lo around at a lot of golf tourneys and I always tell him it was a forward pass. At first look when it happened, I was sure it was a forward pass. Like no doubt. But on replays it was way too close to overturn. 

4 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

A repressed memory... damn this thread.  :(   Cue the Benny Hill music.  

Why didnt the punter just go down with the ball after he fumbled and what looks like a recovery? Better yet they should ran a play on fourth out of shotgun and have the QB scramble for a few secs. I should be an NCAA football coach. Lol

15 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Why didnt the punter just go down with the ball after he fumbled and what looks like a recovery? Better yet they should ran a play on fourth out of shotgun and have the QB scramble for a few secs. I should be an NCAA football coach. Lol

I seriously doubt he could play tag keep away for a full 10 seconds there.  Quick kick it the F out of there imo was the right  thing to do, but he unfortunately failed step 1 and went Garo Yepremian (spelling?) a bit.  

• Haha 1

Neither were walkoffs but like the others that weren’t listed here, essentially they were as the clock was near gone and the magic ended on that play... and both were Hail Mary’s caught by Drew Pearson (hated Dallas but maybe some young folks here don’t recall 1974 and 1975 well).  

I was at my aunt and uncle’s house in upstate NY as a kid watching 1974 game in amazement.  Clint Longley only brings up one memory and it’s Thanksgiving vs the Redskins.   

http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cowboys/09000d5d82467460/Top-10-Thanksgiving-Moments-Longley-shocks-Skins

Staubach to Pearson to beat the Vikings in 1975 playoffs was also a wow ending. 

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

Not the greatest way for Acadiana's Legendary coach Ted Davidson to go into retirement.

(Skip to 13:30 mark for the dagger by Pooka Williams that got Hahnville to the dome.)

And Yall KNOW I'm not letting this one slide:

No fair.  I liked the vid above, not the added one.  Lol.   Stewart could heave it... 27-28 yd line to the end zone.    

• Like 1