What a joke the NBA is

hardhit1

44 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The look on @LiberalDonaldTrump's face when he has to write those two $75 checks to his most hated rival schools athletics programs after 4 games. 

Image result for lebron james wtf

I think JR Smith is @AztecPadre   He’s gotta be.... no other reason for Jr to do that shit looking like Usain bolt

ahhhh very irritated 😤 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Dude,

even GSW coach and players were surprised that the call was over turned

so who really does NOT understand them😂

Again, you not understanding that this particular play was reviewable doesn't make the rule make believe. It just means that you didn't know the rules.

You said the rule was make believe. It's not.

That's completely different then somebody being surprised that it was overturned.

1 minute ago, Goldmember said:

Again, you not understanding that this particular play was reviewable doesn't make the rule make believe. It just means that you didn't know the rules.

That's completely different then somebody being surprised that it was overturned.

It is you!

• Thanks 1

I'm pulling for Cleveland in this series. However...

The refs took a look to do the best they could to get it right. That call didn't cost Cleveland the game. Going against them hurt their chances, but a call with 36 seconds left didn't lose them the game.

The screw-up by JR Smith could have otherwise resulted in a last second shot by none other than LeBron James, who shot 59% on the night. Certainly not a guarantee that he would have hit a buzzer beater. JR Smith didn't cost Cleveland the game. Hurt their chances to win in regulatiuon, but didn't lose the game.

First game. OT. Not bad.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

The refs took a look to do the best they could to get it right. That call didn't cost Cleveland the game. Going against them hurt their chances, but a call with 36 seconds left didn't lose them the game.

The screw-up by JR Smith could have otherwise resulted in a last second shot by none other than LeBron James, who shot 59% on the night. Certainly not a guarantee that he would have hit a buzzer beater. JR Smith didn't cost Cleveland the game. Hurt their chances to win in regulatiuon, but didn't lose the game.

First game. OT. Not bad.

I thought you did a great job checking James last night.

What did he end up with, 83 points? lol

33 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I thought you did a great job checking James last night.

What did he end up with, 83 points? lol

Shit, I'd do him like JaVale McGee did. And Iike JaVale, I'd be spent after one trip down the court too. Don't know if I'd get rejected by the rim on a dunk though.

53 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Correct 

The rule isn't make believe it is just one that shouldn't have been used

It is just a tacky call to review and change a charging/blocking call in that situation when it was a bang bang play

Just like when refs threw PI against Miami on 4th down of a national championship 

Or when the ravens had what looked to be pass interference in the Super Bowl against the 49ers on 4th and goal

Was it the right call?  Maybe but even if it is that late in the game you let the players decide it and unless it's obvious the officials need to stay out of it

Nobody wants the officials to decide the game 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

First game. OT. Not bad.

Maybe it didn't but that late in the game the officials need to stay out of it unless it's obvious 

I watched the video of the play earlier and while it looked LeBron leaned into contact it probably should have been a call that stayed with the judgement call of the official on the court (which is what it normally is) 

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Maybe it didn't but that late in the game the officials need to stay out of it unless it's obvious 

I watched the video of the play earlier and while it looked LeBron leaned into contact it probably should have been a call that stayed with the judgement call of the official on the court (which is what it normally is) 

I'll defer to NBA refs over High School Football posters as to when a call should be reviewed.

As I said, I'm hoping Cleveland wins this series, but suggestions by others that this call cost them the game is bologna.

6 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I'll defer to NBA refs over High School Football posters as to when a call should be reviewed.

As I said, I'm hoping Cleveland wins this series, but suggestions by others that this call cost them the game is bologna.

The decision to call charging/blocking is generally a judgement call (this one included) 

If they trying to see if a player stepped out of bounds or see who touched ball last before it goes out of bounds then by all means review it

We keep at this rate we going to start overdoing something that if used correctly is a good thing but if used too much it takes away from the action on the court