Florida potential plans

Columbiafan

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

Redefining the criteria 

weren’t we talking about best matchups not getting two mediocre teams (or teams you’d call garbage) that are evenly matched

I’m not arguing that point

You're confused because you've bungled this argument so badly.

You came out in favor of a system that you didn't do any research on.

The system you endorsed not only had vastly worse matchups but it guaranteed far worse teams played for championships than the current system.

9 minutes ago, Pops said:

CA just almost always has the highest ranked championship matchups among all the human and computer polls to satisfy us fanboys

I never said that California did it to satisfy fanboys.

But that's certainly what you want Florida to do. Radically redesign their system to satisfy you and your dopey friends.

You also made a mistake by pluralizing matchup(s).

9 minutes ago, Pops said:

I also believe human pollsters effectively value the August games more because of the static nature of their polling 

pick that apart if you’d like

I will because it's easy.

Last games are given infinitely more weight than any other in polls. All of history proves this. De La Salle's charmed history proves this. One off examples like STA in 2009 prove this. If they had lost their one game to Byrnes instead of Manatee they would've have easily finished in the top 10 (probably top 5).

But they finished out of the top 25 in every poll except USA Today (#13).

Why?

Because they lost their last game.

You ascribe this "unfairness" to BTW in 2013 which is absurd because they won their last game by three touchdowns and had won 26 games in a row. Somehow you just think they won the MNC that year because of an August game.

You're clueless.

1 hour ago, Goldmember said:

What sense does this make?

First you just lied, again, about Bolles being outside the top 1000. It's getting tiresome dealing with such a dishonest person.

Also, it's completely random when a team is played in the playoffs. BTW played two better teams in the previous two rounds. It just so happened that they had two better opponents who were closer geographically to them.

What kind of loon claims that a team vying for a championship would somehow have control over who they played in the playoffs?

Bolles was outside of top 1,000 prior to game

shouldn’t team vying for an MNC from FL have a better championshup opponent?

again, we were discussing best matchups

FL plays for August/ September while most states play for postseason 

1 hour ago, Goldmember said:

I will because it's easy.

Last games are given infinitely more weight than any other in polls. All of history proves this. De La Salle's charmed history proves this. One off examples like STA in 2009 prove this. If they had lost their one game to Byrnes instead of Manatee they would've have easily finished in the top 10 (probably top 5).

But they finished out of the top 25 in every poll except USA Today (#13).

Why?

Because they lost their last game.

You ascribe this "unfairness" to BTW in 2013 which is absurd because they won their last game by three touchdowns and had won 26 games in a row. Somehow you just think they won the MNC that year because of an August game.

You're clueless.

Neat story about 2009

you failed to mention that Manatee was earlier spanked by Venice and also lost to Plant and STA failed to make championship of their own cozy bracket 

why would STA be top 25?

STA might have been best team in country each of the last 10 years if we just judged by roster but results get factored by some people 

was DLS charmed the next year when they put a running clock on a top 5 team in their championship game and didn’t move up over an idle South Panola to win USAT?

54 minutes ago, Pops said:

shouldn’t team vying for an MNC from FL have a better championshup opponent?

No, why?

This is a completely random and arbitrary requirement that you're placing on another team because it benefits your own team.

There's no logical explanation for such a standard.

A team being punished because of chance? Or geography?

Nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

No, why?

This is a completely random and arbitrary requirement that you're placing on another team because it benefits your own team.

There's no logical explanation for such a standard.

A team being punished because of chance? Or geography?

Nonsense.

Well, if your top teams played in same bracket, you might find that FL’s championship has more national appeal 

who’s talking about punishing teams?  I just don’t want to reward them for playing nobody 

44 minutes ago, Pops said:

Neat story about 2009

you failed to mention that Manatee was earlier spanked by Venice and also lost to Plant and STA failed to make championship of their own cozy bracket 

I failed to mention it because it's irrelevant.

If STA had lost in October, and not in December, they would've finished in the top 10. You know it. I know it. Anybody who follows high school football knows it.

That's how the polling game works. For you to act otherwise shows your stupidity and your rank homerism.

2009 STA was vastly superior to 2015 STA yet....

2009 (13-1)

USA: #13

NPP: NR

RIVALS: NR

2015 (13-1)

USA: #9

NPP: #19

HSFB: #15

This is common knowledge to anybody who's half literate., Pop.

What's your excuse?

50 minutes ago, Pops said:

why would STA be top 25?

They should've been top 10 because they were one of the 10 best teams in the country.

I have to laugh about this because you're the same guy who tried to argue that the 2016-17 DLS teams were "top 25ish" despite no major wins yet 2009 STA shouldn't be top 25 because of one 8-point loss.

Just now, Goldmember said:

I failed to mention it because it's irrelevant.

If STA had lost in October, and not in December, they would've finished in the top 10. You know it. I know it. Anybody who follows high school football knows it.

That's how the polling game works. For you to act otherwise shows your stupidity and your rank homerism.

2009 STA was vastly superior to 2015 STA yet....

2009 (13-1)

USA: #13

NPP: NR

RIVALS: NR

2015 (13-1)

USA: #9

NPP: #19

HSFB: #15

This is common knowledge to anybody who's half literate., Pop.

What's your excuse?

I’m not arguing this point

Only it’s relevancy 

no one is suggesting that the top 10 ought to be filled with championship game losers — or 7A semi-finals losers 

52 minutes ago, Pops said:

STA might have been best team in country each of the last 10 years if we just judged by roster but results get factored by some people 

The 2009 team was top 10 based on talent and results.

But that's not how polling works.

Somehow this escapes you and you make the exact opposite observation.

53 minutes ago, Pops said:

was DLS charmed the next year when they put a running clock on a top 5 team in their championship game and didn’t move up over an idle South Panola to win USAT?

Idle is, again, irrelevant.

Compare resume to resume, regardless of when it's completed.

I don't think South Panola was #1 either that  year, but neither was DLS.

They should've been top 10 because they were one of the 10 best teams in the country.

I have to laugh about this because you're the same guy who tried to argue that the 2016-17 DLS teams were "top 25ish" despite no major wins yet 2009 STA shouldn't be top 25 because of one 8-point loss.

I didn’t say they weren’t top 25

i said sta might have had most talented team all of the last 10 years just that results matter and losing in the semis of one of FL’s 6 relevant classes is not persuasive evidence of that 

6 minutes ago, Pops said:

Well, if your top teams played in same bracket, you might find that FL’s championship has more national appeal 

Again, the state shouldn't be in the business of high school football social engineering.

And our championships will have national appeal if they, you know, have national appeal. The state gets this part right. They don't meddle in this stuff (at least not yet).

Idle is, again, irrelevant.

Compare resume to resume, regardless of when it's completed.

I don't think South Panola was #1 either that  year, but neither was DLS.

We agree on SP

Wanna compare sta to DLS 

DLS bear a top 5 team by 40 in their championship game in a game that wasn’t that close and also had, per DJ who hated DLS and never visited CA, the best OOS win of the year 

they basically had STA ‘08’s resume 

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

who’s talking about punishing teams?  I just don’t want to reward them for playing nobody 

You are.

You want to exclude one of the best teams of the last 5 years simply because they played Bolles in their championship game.

That's incredibly stupid.

They didn't play nobody.

They played 8 opponents better than Bolles. They played Norcross (on the road), Bishop Gorman (on the road), University School (on the road), Miami Central, Cocoa, etc.

You are mentally ill, Pop.

Here 5 years later making the same cockamamie argument all because you want to prop up De La Salle's playoff path over another.