NBA has had bad refs for years. LeBron gets more calls than any player ever.

HooverOutlaw

2 hours ago, nptb17 said:

First, their stars got calls the entire 4th quarter and O.T.  Kevin Durant was stripped twice clean which resulted in whistles being blown and him shooting free throws.  Second Klay Thompson was allowed to run out of bounds and not reestablish himself and hit a 3 to put them up 5 in O.T.  3rd Draymond got away with 2 fouls.  One on Lebron where it was clear as day and another on Hills drive in O.T. where he hit him in the head.  The same contact that they allowed Curry to get an and 1 in the final minute of the 4th.

Get that ass Kentucky!

Bluegrass knows basketball!

Haha

BGW

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

So the Warriors get calls for ONE game and everyone does nuts!? GTFOH!

The fouls will be lopsided the entire series because Cleveland just can't compete with the Dubs straight up.

Remember when the Dubs went up 3-0 last year? A NBA record for fouls called in a quarter, that 1st quarter in game 4.

Sit back and enjoy the Dubs win another title. The best team in the league and arguably of all time.

Outta likes.  “Click”

We here in NorCal have had to watch Curry.get raped night after night for years. This is the first time that I’ve seen the Dubs get some love when it actually mattered. The Dubs don’t get shit. Why does KD have some many techs? Because he was used to getting all of the “superstar” calls with OKC. Come to the Dubs....nada. Welcome to thw Warriors KD. And he was pissed. Understandably so.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Jordan

Jordan didn't go to the line like Lebron. One who did was Karl Malone. Guy cried all the time and got the calls also. And of course, the one and only Magic Johnson. Guy would let out shrieks while driving the lane and refs would call a foul, and everyone on defense would look around at each other to see who touched him. Replay would show no one touched him. Happened more often than not.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nptb17 said:

First, their stars got calls the entire 4th quarter and O.T.  Kevin Durant was stripped twice clean which resulted in whistles being blown and him shooting free throws.  Second Klay Thompson was allowed to run out of bounds and not reestablish himself and hit a 3 to put them up 5 in O.T.  3rd Draymond got away with 2 fouls.  One on Lebron where it was clear as day and another on Hills drive in O.T. where he hit him in the head.  The same contact that they allowed Curry to get an and 1 in the final minute of the 4th.

It's the nba finals. Refs are going to let them play. Sheesh since when are grown men not allowed to bang hard during playoffs of any sport?

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

Outta likes.  “Click”

We here in NorCal have had to watch Curry.get raped night after night for years. This is the first time that I’ve seen the Dubs get some love when it actually mattered. The Dubs don’t get shit. Why does KD have some many techs? Because he was used to getting all of the “superstar” calls with OKC. Come to the Dubs....nada. Welcome to thw Warriors KD. And he was pissed. Understandably so.

We have learned out of all this, just how big of crybabies that the east coasties are. They are so used to getting things there way, and having Lebron entitled to the finals, that they have no idea what it is like to not get calls.

16 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Plenty is not equal to LeBron.

What about the only unanimous MVP in history, Steph Curry? He hardly ever gets called. He gets held and hacked up and down the court. 

After having been pointed out as incorrect, your argument has gone from "No other player gets calls like LeBron" to "No Warrior gets treated like LeBron" to "Steph Curry doesn't get LeBron's call." 

The Warriors are an excellent team - I've loved watching them for the last 5 years. Steph Curry doesn't get the calls LeBron does. But, LeBron is not treated differently than ALL OTHER players in the NBA, which is what you initially suggested. Fair enough?

5 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

The Warriors are an excellent team

One of the best. Ever.

Steph Curry doesn't get the calls LeBron does.

Agreed.

But, LeBron is not treated differently than ALL OTHER players in the NBA, which is what you initially suggested

He IS treated differently. Arguing against that is extremely disingenuous. Look at what he does after EVERY call he doesn't get. Draymond Green does that same exact thing and is chastised.

Just look at ESPN and the national media coverage after game 1. They wanted Cleveland to win SO BADLY, they were breaking down ALL the reasons that Cleveland should have won, but didn't. They even went as far as to break down percentages that they would have won the game if this happened, or that happened.

Total joke. Cleveland isn't winning. People need to get over it. The East Coast favorite is not entitled to win every year. You guys need to cool off.

15 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

He IS treated differently. Arguing against that is extremely disingenuous. Look at what he does after EVERY call he doesn't get. Draymond Green does that same exact thing and is chastised.

Just look at ESPN and the national media coverage after game 1. They wanted Cleveland to win SO BADLY, they were breaking down ALL the reasons that Cleveland should have won, but didn't. They even went as far as to break down percentages that they would have won the game if this happened, or that happened.

Total joke. Cleveland isn't winning. People need to get over it. The East Coast favorite is not entitled to win every year. You guys need to cool off.

Have you watched any of James Harden's games this year? I think he shot 234 free throws against Denver in one game (slight exaggeration). Arguing that LeBron is treated differently than James Harden is ridiculous.

This isn't about the Warriors or the Cavs. You keep throwing in there that I'm disagreeing with you because, although I'm not too into which team wins one way or the other, I'd just as soon see the Cavs win this series ("Total joke. Cleveland isn't winning. People need to get over it. The East Coast favorite is not entitled to win every year. You guys need to cool off.")

The Warriors, who are huge favorites to win the championship again, would be who I'd bet on. Their style of play is very entertaining, and they are a better team than Cleveland. All that is separate from you insisting LeBron is treated like no other player in the NBA. You look silly trying to prove one thing by using an entirely different point in your argument.

3 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Have you watched any of James Harden's games this year? I think he shot 234 free throws against Denver in one game. Arguing that LeBron is treated differently than James Harden is ridiculous.

I have watched James Harden many times. And his style of play is exactly why he will get an MVP but not a ring.

Arguing that LeBron is NOT treated differently, is like saying the "Jordan rules" didn't exist. Go look up LeBron flopping videos on YouTube. They are everywhere. You should see the foul calls he gets for not even being touched. It's all out there to see.

15 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I have watched James Harden many times. And his style of play is exactly why he will get an MVP but not a ring.

Arguing that LeBron is NOT treated differently, is like saying the "Jordan rules" didn't exist. Go look up LeBron flopping videos on YouTube. They are everywhere. You should see the foul calls he gets for not even being touched. It's all out there to see.

Look up Nikola Jokic flopping videos on YouTube. It's all out there to see. That's one small example of LeBron not being the only player who flops, or gets calls. Manu Ginobli, he did it well too. Plenty (there's that word again) of players do the same thing.

4 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Look up Nikola Jokic flopping videos on YouTube. It's all out there to see. That's one small example of LeBron not being the only player who flops, or gets calls. Manu Ginobli, he did it well too. Plenty (there's that word again) of players do the same thing.

You are missing the point.

Lebron is NOT Jokic or Ginobli. He gets FAR more calls than those guys, or any other superstar for that matter. On top of that, he is the FLOP KING!

How can you possibly defend this?

20 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Jordan didn't go to the line like Lebron. One who did was Karl Malone. Guy cried all the time and got the calls also. And of course, the one and only Magic Johnson. Guy would let out shrieks while driving the lane and refs would call a foul, and everyone on defense would look around at each other to see who touched him. Replay would show no one touched him. Happened more often than not.

You couldn't breathe on Jordan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steeler01 said:

You couldn't breathe on Jordan

I see nothing there. Did you write the opening piece ?  What is clear if you watch the clips, it supports my arguments how the bigs would collapse the middle and would challange the driver every play, not like today's 3 ball where the lane is always open for Harden's, Lebrons. The clips also show Ewing and others camping out in the middle of lane, no 3 second calls, playing quasi zone defense. This video shows nothing to support your narrative that today's defense is better than the defense played in the 90's and 80's. 

8 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

I see nothing there. Did you write the opening piece ?  What is clear if you watch the clips, it supports my arguments how the bigs would collapse the middle and would challange the driver every play, not like today's 3 ball where the lane is always open for Harden's, Lebrons. The clips also show Ewing and others camping out in the middle of lane, no 3 second calls, playing quasi zone defense. This video shows nothing to support your narrative that today's defense is better than the defense played in the 90's and 80's. 

That's not what it shows. If you notice on those plays you're talking about, they're guarding a guy. Their player is in the post. 

20180603_014055.jpg

That's not crowding the paint. Everyone is guarding their man

9 hours ago, steeler01 said:

That's not what it shows. If you notice on those plays you're talking about, they're guarding a guy. Their player is in the post. 

20180603_014055.jpg

That's not crowding the paint. Everyone is guarding their man

Anyone can take one clip. I'm talking about the whole. Listen to Fratello in the first part of clip describing how every time jordan goes into paint, their are two other guys waiting for him, along with the guy directly guarding him. You mostly don't see that today. The court is so spread out due to 3 ball.  Lebron will have a Green or a Looney guarding him, or Curry depending on switch offs. There is no Bigs waiting for him in the middle. Jordan playing against today's defenses would easily be getting his 30's, 40's and sometimes 50's. I think when comparing you have consider everything. The blueprint in how to defend Lebron from my veiw point, was the Dallas Mavs in the finals. Force Lebron to beat you from the outside. The Mavs had the 7' athletic Chandler playing Rover, shutting down the middle. San Antonio did a good job as well. The warriors for the last 4 years do just the opposite. They go small, and will give up the points thinking they will wear down the opponent and just out score them. They will sacrifice points in the paint to get their advantage. Guys like Mozgov look all world against this type of defense. I'm not a big fan of it myself, but for the most part it seems to have worked for W's against Cleveland. We shall see. 

2 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Anyone can take one clip. I'm talking about the whole. Listen to Fratello in the first part of clip describing how every time jordan goes into paint, their are two other guys waiting for him, along with the guy directly guarding him. You mostly don't see that today. The court is so spread out due to 3 ball.  Lebron will have a Green or a Looney guarding him, or Curry depending on switch offs. There is no Bigs waiting for him in the middle. Jordan playing against today's defenses would easily be getting his 30's, 40's and sometimes 50's. I think when comparing you have consider everything. The blueprint in how to defend Lebron from my veiw point, was the Dallas Mavs in the finals. Force Lebron to beat you from the outside. The Mavs had the 7' athletic Chandler playing Rover, shutting down the middle. San Antonio did a good job as well. The warriors for the last 4 years do just the opposite. They go small, and will give up the points thinking they will wear down the opponent and just out score them. They will sacrifice points in the paint to get their advantage. Guys like Mozgov look all world against this type of defense. I'm not a big fan of it myself, but for the most part it seems to have worked for W's against Cleveland. We shall see. 

That clip is right before he drives to the basket,  everyone is in the paint except for Paxson. That was just horrible floor spacing.

In today's basketball, you have to have shooters because of the shading you can do. A guy like Rodman can't run to the three point line and remove a defender that would be able to shade. 

Jordan would struggle a lot more today than in the 90s to score points. His drive past his guy and get to the rim wouldn't happen so easily. The shading makes it 100x tougher.  He'd have more assists though,  but if he ballhogged, more turnovers.

Actually watch the clip too understand

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

That clip is right before he drives to the basket,  everyone is in the paint except for Paxson. That was just horrible floor spacing.

In today's basketball, you have to have shooters because of the shading you can do. A guy like Rodman can't run to the three point line and remove a defender that would be able to shade. 

Jordan would struggle a lot more today than in the 90s to score points. His drive past his guy and get to the rim wouldn't happen so easily. The shading makes it 100x tougher.  He'd have more assists though,  but if he ballhogged, more turnovers.

Actually watch the clip too understand

Let's just say this. Lebron and Jordan are in a league of their own They are the 2 greatest all around players ever in my opinion. I would think most people would agree with that at least.