High Risk /Low Risk Scheduling

Sammyswordsman

10 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

You didn't say preseason top 50.

You said they weren't top 50.

But they were.

And scheduled nobody and took no risks.

Then when they returned their "once in a generation" team they took "risks" and scheduled "elite" by playing Gorman after their dynasty and playing an 8-3 Bergen Catholic.

I shouldn't have to spell everything out for you.  Go back to the Fla boards until you master your primary HS football basics, then come back when you get certified.

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I shouldn't have to spell everything out for you.  Go back to the Fla boards until you master your primary HS football basics, then come back when you get certified.

He ain't welcomed back on Florida hs football and fla varsity is a ghost town

That's why he came back here

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The Bishop is hurting BIG TIME from their loss to the Stache.  After 6 years of being "Kings of the West", being served Humble Pie in Santa Ana took a chunk of their MOJO.

6 years as Kings if the West?

DLS CA Open champs ‘15, ‘14, ‘12, ‘11, ‘10’ ‘09’ ,’07

piece of MNC ‘10, ‘12 (comp poll), 14, 15

Was 1-0 v BG until 8 months ago 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pops said:

6 years as Kings if the West?

DLS CA Open champs ‘15, ‘14, ‘12, ‘11, ‘10’ ‘09’ ,’07

piece of MNC ‘10, ‘12 (comp poll), 14, 15

Was 1-0 v BG until 8 months ago 

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Bishop ranked highest (west) in the combined comp polls from 2012 to 2017

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Bishop ranked highest (west) in the combined comp polls from 2012 to 2017

Calpreps last comp poll was 2012

DLS 1st BG 12th

DLS finished higher in all polls in 2013

split polls in 2014 and 2015 but both in top 5 in all — those would have been great games 

BG may be called Kings if the West omfor the last 2 years although there’s some guys from SJB and MD that might take exception 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

There is no need to correct or to retract your comment. 

Gorman is 17-3 versus California since 2001.

Gorman is 9-1 versus the Trinity League all time.

Gorman is 33-8 combined versus all teams from California, Arizona, Utah, Washington, Hawaii and Alaska since 2000. 

No team from the West region has accomplished what Gorman has.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

DLS 1st BG 12th

split polls in 2014 and 2015 but both in top 5 in all — those would have been great games 

BG may be called Kings if the West omfor the last 2 years although there’s some guys from SJB and MD that might take exception 

So DLS won 2012, 2013

BG won 2016, 2017

Split in 2014 and 2015.

Tie Breaker is most Top 20 wins.

4 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

There is no need to correct or to retract your comment. 

Gorman is 17-3 versus California since 2001.

Gorman is 9-1 versus the Trinity League all time.

Gorman is 33-8 combined versus all teams from California, Arizona, Utah, Washington, Hawaii and Alaska since 2000. 

No team from the West region has accomplished what Gorman has.

Which is why losing badly to the Stache was such a gut punch to the Bishop.  Forced them to reevaluate their entire program.  They won't recover for 3-4 years.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pops said:

Neither Mater Dei nor IMG ought to be on your list

Risk taking?  Please

IMG is an academy team without academy oppOnenta — every game will be a huge talent mismatch..... risk-taking?  Not hardly

ditto Mater Dei, and even worse, they only schedule up with the GOAT — call them Folsom South 

Image result for why so bitter

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

DLS 1st BG 12th

Whenever you mention DLS and use CP to try and prove a point it makes you look.... 

How should I say... 

Stupid and or Foolish... 

Take your pick... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pops said:

DLS 1st BG 12th

Pop, why do you think you can get away with this nonsense?

Split polls in 2014?

Bishop Gorman won the national championship in two human polls. De La Salle won zero.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/NmjT5MDwMkKnFrLLA_TUxg/high-school-football-2014-top-25-composite-rankings.htm

2014: Bishop Gorman

2015?

De La Salle won in MaxPreps composite but Bishop Gorman, once again, won a national championship in a human poll. De La Salle didn't.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/-EU_C_V2vkqboGTJUz3hwg/final-high-school-football-2015-top-25-composite-rankings.htm

2015: Push

Obviously Bishop Gorman rolls in 2016 and 2017. So 3 of the last 4 years were clear Bishop Gorman victories.

In fact, only Calpreps is even keeping this debate respectable. Without the calpreps computer, De La Salle loses clearly in 2014 and this isn't even a discussion.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Image result for why so bitter

Never thought Id even partially agree with pops... 

I dont agree with his IMG comment but MD? 

Yes, call me whatever you want but MD has 1 special year and all of a sudden  we're susposed to act like theyre the greatest thing since jesus walked the earth.... 

It would be different if MD performed like this yearly. But they dont... 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yes, call me whatever you want but MD has 1 special year

2017 was Mater Dei's 3 USAT National Championship...so MD has had 3 special years

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

and all of a sudden  we're susposed to act like theyre the greatest thing since jesus walked the earth....

No one is comparing Mater Dei to Jesus...Jesus is the Son of God, the Logos, the 2nd Person of the Holy Trinity...no one is comparing Mater Dei to God...God doesn't care if Mater Dei wins football games....

But his Mother does... 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Which is why losing badly to the Stache was such a gut punch to the Bishop.  Forced them to reevaluate their entire program.  They won't recover for 3-4 years.

Not at all. 

Gorman had just graduated the Best High School team of all time. Was young and inexperienced and still took on the Monarchs. That was a risk game for the Gaels. Rollo does not take on risk games otherwise he would have scheduled the Gaels when they called the previous 6 years or so.

The score at halftime was 14-7 MD. 

It was 28-21 late into the 4th quarter. 

"MD Dad" on the http://www.occonnect.com/ board wrote that the Gorman game was the only game in 2017 which all of the Monarch fans had their asses puckered until late in the 4th quarter. I can find the direct quote if needed. And this poster is the most respected Monarch backer on that site.

15 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

All Three could have chosen the John Curtis/Folsom route and stormed to a 10-0 result and a lofty ranking,l

Sammy, you’re simply being a stubborn mule these days with regard to Folsom.

Everyone gets it. You don’t like them and never will. And I have been right there with you the past few years in terms of being critical of their seeming unwillingness to schedule programs on par or better than they are.

The criticism is totally unwarranted this season. It’s time to give them at least some credit. They’ve schedule De La freaking Salle in Concord for Sammy’s sake!!! They can’t really do much better than that! And they’ve also scheduled a relevant PAC5 program too. 

Is it a BG, IMG or MD level schedule? Absolutely not. But Folsom isn’t on the same level as those programs — and neither is 99.9% of the country.

Folsom’s schedule is enough in that if they run the table, they’ll have earned it. Failure to acknowledge that is just plain hating.

6 hours ago, Goldmember said:

the guy is the biggest clown/liar on this forum.

I don't know why anybody takes a single word he says seriously.

Pretty much and it's pretty amusing watching this guy from NJ take shots at Texas.

1-he has NO clue about Texas High School football

2-NJ has never ever been to Texas to play a high school football game.

gardenball and his very small tribe get giddy about playing Imhotep Charter, PA and etc....

There are hundreds of Imhotep Charters in Texas......20 or 30 of them in Class 4A Texas alone.

Texas is a huge state.

24 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Sammy, you’re simply being a stubborn mule these days with regard to Folsom.

Everyone gets it. You don’t like them and never will. And I have been right there with you the past few years in terms of being critical of their seeming unwillingness to schedule programs on par or better than they are.

The criticism is totally unwarranted this season. It’s time to give them at least some credit. They’ve schedule De La freaking Salle in Concord for Sammy’s sake!!! They can’t really do much better than that! And they’ve also scheduled a relevant PAC5 program too. 

Is it a BG, IMG or MD level schedule? Absolutely not. But Folsom isn’t on the same level as those programs — and neither is 99.9% of the country.

Folsom’s schedule is enough in that if they run the table, they’ll have earned it. Failure to acknowledge that is just plain hating.

Face it, the devil was forced into the game.  They may like their chances this year, but will get run off the field the next two years.

Historically their schedule is atrocious.  In 2018 its a decent/respectable slate.  One decent schedule out of the last 8 seasons does not feed the Admirals cat.

Also Every Trinity League team especially Servite has scheduled more preseason Top 100 teams from 2010 to 2017.