Coach Russell Q&A

PrepGridiron

We would love to see some kind of east coast or possibly national conference formed.  I think it would be something that would benefit top high schools across the country as well as other schools who may not want to compete at that level.  I think we are closer than ever to seeing that happen.  It will obviously take state associations to get onboard with that kind of conference.

We will be playing 2 schools from Florida this year.  We have a ton of respect for the level of football in that state.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Coach Russell said:

We would love to see some kind of east coast or possibly national conference formed.  I think it would be something that would benefit top high schools across the country as well as other schools who may not want to compete at that level.  I think we are closer than ever to seeing that happen.  It will obviously take state associations to get onboard with that kind of conference.

We will be playing 2 schools from Florida this year.  We have a ton of respect for the level of football in that state.

I agree, that's probably going to be the biggest hurdle to climb

• Like 1

DeMatha dominated the region for a long time under Coach McGregor.  When Coach Poggi and his Gilman teams starting playing them and actually winning about half the games I think a lot of schools in the region began to see what their own schools could do by competing in football.  The area has really boomed since the early 2000's.

That's all I have for you guys tonight.  I need to get going as I hear my wife calling me(we all know who the boss really is)...  Hope everyone has a great summer and best of luck to your schools this upcoming season.

Thanks to the awesome guys at PGL for helping us form a schedule in a difficult spot!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Coach,

Someone reported that you will schedule teams from CT, VA, Canada and Ohio

Lets skip

to the punch line, who you playing or want to in Ohio?

If you just looked at all the teams that had dropped off, you'd think they'd be looking at the Browns! Hahaha

3 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Much goes to GSB for lining them up. Great work!

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Our pleasure!! Prep Gridiron Logistics= Crisis Managers 

We always aim to please ;) 

Thanks. That was a very good interview. Except for the DeMatha QB transferring to Gilman part. That stung a bit. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, PrepGridiron said:

Much goes to GSB for lining them up. Great work!

No doubt! 

It's awesome to come on here and know that we have members that are dedicated enough and capable of connecting us up with such brilliant coaches from well known programs around the country. 

And then the coaches ballsy enough to come on here and dry without having been navigating the site, and handle that along with some pretty tough questions at times. 

Every Q&A has been great, but, this one stands out due to the obvious difficulties they are facing with having to decide to leave their conference, and the coach nailed it! NAILED IT!

You guys know I'm not a huge fan of transferring, recruiting and team stacking or whatever, but, Coach Russell definitely earned at least one new fan tonight. :D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

If you just looked at all the teams that had dropped off, you'd think they'd be looking at the Browns! Hahaha

Since you run this site in all seriousness 

St Edward had always had a good gate to Ohio for teams like Gillman and Woodson from the DC/MD area.

They are an independent so will they be tied together or a one night stand? 😆

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No doubt! 

It's awesome to come on here and know that we have members that are dedicated enough and capable of connecting us up with such brilliant coaches from well known programs around the country. 

And then the coaches ballsy enough to come on here and dry without having been navigating the site, and handle that along with some pretty tough questions at times. 

Every Q&A has been great, but, this one stands out due to the obvious difficulties they are facing with having to decide to leave their conference, and the coach nailed it! NAILED IT!

You guys know I'm not a huge fan of transferring, recruiting and team stacking or whatever, but, Coach Russell definitely earned at least one new fan tonight. :D

He had some very good answers and gave some great insight into his team and the area

We have been getting very good coaches to come on and this feature is by far one of the most exciting features on the forums 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Since you run this site in all seriousness 

St Edward had always had a good gate to Ohio for teams like Gillman and Woodson from the DC/MD area.

They are an independent so will they be tied together or a one night stand? 😆

For the record, the Browns statement was not an slight on the Browns or Ohio in as much as it was an indictment on the teams that backed out. I personally think St. Ed's is a good barometer for many a team around the country. 

10 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

For the record, the Browns statement was not an slight on the Browns or Ohio in as much as it was an indictment on the teams that backed out. I personally think St. Ed's is a good barometer for many a team around the country. 

No emotion buttons can say I get it

and St Ed’s was just one Ohio example 😀

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

We are cheating a bit coach as this is a two part question. We know you have already addressed it on Twitter some, but can you tell us what is really going on with the schools that are backing out from playing you? What kind of message does this send their kids about running away from obstacles instead of taking them head on and seeing how they measure up?

My question got asked!!! Go NorCal!!!!!!