The 80's Celtics and the Bad Boy Pistons would physically beat down the Cavs or GS.

HooverOutlaw

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

The rules and physicality of the 80s would prevail over that weak finesse shit of today.

The Warriors would force the Celtics to take their physical players off the court or get run off of it because of their spacing and shooting.

The Warriors style dictates the pace of play. Not the other way around.

You sound like an old crank who thinks things were better when he was a kid.

Silliness, old man.

The Dubs against the best teams from the 80's sure would be interesting. It would come down to whether it was the rules from the 80's (where they could play more physical) or the high scoring finesse game of today. I think the match up against the 84/85 Lakers sure would be intriguing.  

Magic vs Iggy    Magic all day don't even need details on this one

Kareem vs Durant   You're not going to stop Kareem's sky hook and he will dominate the boards but you can't stop Durant on offense

Scott vs Curry   Scott was a good player but got to go with Curry for sure

Cooper vs Klay   Coop was a great defender so I think he would be able to stop or limit Klay's shooting Pretty even

Worthy vs Green  Tough matchup Green a better defender but Worthy better score I'd say even 

Role players 

Wilkes vs Livingston  This is pretty even both would add a spark when they got in the game

Rambis vs Looney or Bell   Rambis was a banger I think I'd take him 

McAdoo vs McGee   Got to go with McAdoo. Not the great player he used to be but could still give a dozen pts. and some rebs. 

The Lakers were probably the most athletic team of that era but athletically they couldn't hang with the Dubs. Lakers could also be physical which the Dubs are not. If it's 80's rules the Lakers can hang with the Dubs and beat them. If today with the way the 3 pt. line is used The Dubs would win.  

This game sure would be fun to watch.

5 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

The Warriors would force the Celtics to take their physical players off the court or get run off of it because of their spacing and shooting.

The Warriors style dictates the pace of play. Not the other way around.

You sound like an old crank who thinks things were better when he was a kid.

Silliness, old man.

Not with 80s rules, pole smoker. 

Im bored, you’re clueless. 

It’s that simple. 

Regards

C.A.

3 hours ago, Goldmember said:

HooverOutlaw proving, once again, how little he knows about anything.

McHale and Parish wouldn't be on the floor. And if they were then the Warriors would win by whatever margin they wanted.

If the Warriors went with a small lineup, and they would, then who would McHale and Parish defend? Two 6'11" skeletons trying to run around with the greatest "small" ball team in basketball history?

It would be laughable.

How many times have you watched the 80's Celtics play in person?

Just now, Goldmember said:

xD

Yep.

Old crank who can only make overtly fake tough guy threats because he doesn't have any real argument.

Bahahaha 

Anytime, you wanna find out. 

It would be giggle kicking your ass

Stick with football, you’re clearly outclassed with basketball 

Football, you have some good insights and analysis 

Later shit for brains, go butt play with Foolsom

Regards

C.A.

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Defense prevailed and no dipsy do layups are allowed in the lane. 

The Warriors mostly get dunks or 3-pointers.

They rely on Durant to get mid-range jumpers when they iso but they don't care about getting into the lane unless their opponent is crowding the perimeter and giving them the pick and roll.

the 1986 Celtics would be in a world of hurt.

5 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

xD

Yep.

Old crank who can only make overtly fake tough guy threats because he doesn't have any real argument.

Furthermore I was drafted in that era, and played D-1 in THAT era, so having coached since then... pretty fucking much means I know what I’m talking about. 

You on the other hand need to go back to your internet girlfriend and debit card with your gallon sized lotion and spank it. 

Regards

C.A.

7 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

The Dubs against the best teams from the 80's sure would be interesting. It would come down to whether it was the rules from the 80's (where they could play more physical) or the high scoring finesse game of today.

No, it wouldn't.

Would you stop with this silliness.

The Warriors style against the Celtics would be like a Neanderthal coming across Ford's Model T.

He wouldn't even know what he was looking at.

10 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

How many times have you watched the 80's Celtics play in person?

Zero times but I knew that you'd come up with something stupid and irrelevant.

Even if you saw them 100 times, it has nothing to do with their style.

Facts are more important than witnessing something firsthand. 

Nobody believes that some hillbilly from Alabama would know something simply because he sat on is ass in the Boston Garden.

9 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Stick with football, you’re clearly outclassed with basketball 

You're intellectually incapable of saying anything about basketball other than something about 1980's rules and John Starks style goonery.

I've given you ironclad basketball reasons why the Celtics wouldn't have a prayer.

25 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Furthermore I was drafted in that era, and played D-1 in THAT era, so having coached since then... pretty fucking much means I know what I’m talking about. 

You've clearly demonstrated that you don't know what you're talking about.

I don't care that you played D1 basketball.

You're judged based on how you articulate your points.

You're incompetent.

23 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

No, it wouldn't.

Would you stop with this silliness.

The Warriors style against the Celtics would be like a Neanderthal coming across Ford's Model T.

He wouldn't even know what he was looking at.

I gave a comparison of the then Lakers vs the Dubs. Not the Celtics, and I assure you that the Lakers with 4 HOF players and 2 of the greatest players of all time are no Neanderthal or Ford Model T.  

1 minute ago, Goldmember said:

The Lakers would have no chance against the Warriors, either.

I'm not sure if you watched them live or on TV but they were a great team that could run. Maybe not like the Dubs do now but back then the Lakers were called showtime for a reason. I was fortunate enough to have some friends that worked at the Oakland Coliseum in the 80's so I was able to see the Lakers many times along with the Celtics, 76ers with Doc and company. etc. Good times.   

Just now, 1DayPGA said:

I'm not sure if you watched them live or on TV but they were a great team that could run. 

Blah, blah, blah.

Everybody has seen the 1980s Lakers play. Everybody knows they could run.

The issue is spacing and math.

The 1987 Lakers took 447 threes and made 37% of them.

The 2016 Warriors took 2,592 threes and made 42% of them.

They're playing chess while the Lakers were rubbing two sticks together.

5 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

Maybe not like the Dubs do now but back then the Lakers were called showtime for a reason. I was fortunate enough to have some friends that worked at the Oakland Coliseum in the 80's so I was able to see the Lakers many times along with the Celtics, 76ers with Doc and company. etc. Good times.   

Your nostalgia is noted.

You're still incredibly wrong.

32 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

You've clearly demonstrated that you don't know what you're talking about.

I don't care that you played D1 basketball.

You're judged based on how you articulate your points.

You're incompetent.

I beg your pardon, your the idiot that calls out everyone who takes an opposing view to yours with epithets and NOW you want to take the high road?

i don’t give two shits what you think, it’s up to you to learn. 

Regards 

Certified Asshole 

p.s. let us know when you were drafted, free agent or walk on of any significance beyond high school and maybe I’ll give it a go on genial terms. 

Otherwise, go back to your butt play with your girlfriend Foolsom.