The 80's Celtics and the Bad Boy Pistons would physically beat down the Cavs or GS.

HooverOutlaw

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I beg your pardon, your the idiot that calls out everyone who takes an opposing view to yours with epithets and NOW you want to take the high road?

No, I call people out how make silly arguments that they can't support. Then when they're exposed they tell us that they played D1 basketball and so we have to believe what they say.

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

p.s. let us know when you were drafted, free agent or walk on of any significance beyond high school and maybe I’ll give it a go on genial terms. 

Otherwise, go back to your butt play with your girlfriend Foolsom. 

Typical meathead.

Can't explain, in basketball terms, why the Celtics would beat the Warriors so he just throws out playing credentials.

I have no evidence that you know a lick about basketball. None.

5 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Blah, blah, blah.

Everybody has seen the 1980s Lakers play. Everybody knows they could run.

The issue is spacing and math.

The 1987 Lakers took 447 threes and made 37% of them.

The 2016 Warriors took 2,592 threes and made 42% of them.

They're playing chess while the Lakers were rubbing two sticks together.

I do agree the 3 pt. line was not used effectively when it first came out. Most team played physical back them. Refs. now call a foul if you brush up against someone. You can also take 3 steps and sometimes 4 and the refs. don't call that either. Back there was a lot of banging you could get away with. You could punch someone and would not get ejected. Different game. Play by the 80's rules and style the Lakers can win. Play now and the Dubs win. 

11 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Blah, blah, blah.

Everybody has seen the 1980s Lakers play. Everybody knows they could run.

The issue is spacing and math.

The 1987 Lakers took 447 threes and made 37% of them.

The 2016 Warriors took 2,592 threes and made 42% of them.

They're playing chess while the Lakers were rubbing two sticks together.

Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Cooper, Scott. We're all gifted players. The first 3 would be starting on any team in the NBA right now. And Cooper and Scott if not starting would be coming off the bench. These guys are athletes they would be able to adjust their game to today's game. 

Just now, Goldmember said:

Typical meathead.

Can't explain, in basketball terms, why the Celtics would beat the Warriors so he just throws out playing credentials.

I have no evidence that you know a lick about basketball. None.

Listen Dipshit, I w I l l. P o s t s l o w l y

D u b s l o s e t o 8 0 s e r a t e a m s b e c a u s e of d i f f e r e n t r u l e s f o r t h a t e r a. 

Now speed up. Dubs lose to that era because of the rules and players fitted to that style of play, ie. defense physicality post play in THAT era. 

Or let’s make it child’s play shall we.... we’re playing pick up in my backyard on my goal with my rules.... you will lose. 

Okay? Keep in mind I work with special needs kids and right now you’re waaaaay behind compared to these students. 

Regards

C.A.

p.s. I posted this earlier, maybe you just wanted to waste time, who knows. 

7 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

There you go again with this silliness.

What exactly were the 1980s rules? Please tell us how math would be suspended because of the magical 1980s.

Arm bar all over the floor to start dumbass

Rooting post players off block with impunity 

if refs do decide to call arm bar, then it’s chesting up defensively 

But don’t let facts and reality interfere with your mentally  impaired arguments 

Regards 

Certified Asshole 

5 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

These guys are athletes they would be able to adjust their game to today's game. 

Again, for the slow people, those teams and players didn't even understand the three-point line. They wouldn't be able to just, voila!, start playing the Warriors kind of game overnight.

When your best shooter is Byron Scott you've got no chance against the Warriors.

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

D u b s l o s e t o 8 0 s e r a t e a m s b e c a u s e of d i f f e r e n t r u l e s f o r t h a t e r a. 

And this is something that any bozo could say, and has said, in this thread.

It doesn't constitute an argument.

You've yet to explain how the rules of the 1980s (what are they, again?) would change the math.

Mathematics are stubborn in that they don't change because of your words.

7 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Now speed up. Dubs lose to that era because of the rules and players fitted to that style of play, ie. defense physicality post play in THAT era. 

How would trading 2's for 3's (or post play) equal a win for the Lakers or Celtics?

You're still not understanding. You're as ignorant as those 80's teams were but the difference is that you don't have any excuse.

8 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Or let’s make it child’s play shall we.... we’re playing pick up in my backyard on my goal with my rules.... you will lose. 

It's embarrassing how incompetent you are and how utterly incapable you are of making a basketball argument.

For a guy who "played" you should be ashamed.

7 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Rooting post players off block with impunity 

The Warriors don't post guys up.

You're clueless.

The Warriors aren't going to play the Lakers' or Celtics' game. They're going to force those teams to play theirs.

Try putting McHale and Parish on the floor with that Warriors lineup. The game would be over the moment they tried to get those to trees to defend a bunch of guards and wings.

12 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Not the Warriors.

They don't care about your preconceived biases.

They put four shooters and a big on the floor. Magic and Worthy couldn't shoot a lick.

You're right. I forgot you are in the basketball Hall of Fame and they're not.

I'm beginning to see that your agenda is to not listen to anyone and just try and collect as many posts as you can. 

Good luck with that.  

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

"back yard" ranks pretty high on the era meter. lol

I bet the vast majority of these Celtics and Lakers guys are Trump voters.

They display the same kind of anti-intellectualism and arguments from experience.

"The math can't favor the Warriors because I played D1 basketball and you didn't!" 

"The Celtics would beat down the Warriors because I went to the Boston Garden one time!"

2 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

What?

So I have to be in the basketball Hall of Fame to have the right to make the factual claim that Magic and Worthy were bad shooters?

What planet are you from?

Ok, so they just went from "can't shoot a lick to "bad shooters" What's your next post gonna say they were ok shooters? Bad shooters?Based on what GoldMember's opinion.

Bad shooters. You really suck at this. 

image.png.5ed60b6006f327693b3b9c7281415fb8.png

2 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

Ok, so they just went from "can't shoot a lick to "bad shooters" What's your next post gonna say they were ok shooters? Bad shooters?Based on what GoldMember's opinion.

Bad shooters. You really suck at this. 

image.png.5ed60b6006f327693b3b9c7281415fb8.png

Yes, bad shooters.

They just dunked and laid the ball up.

Magic was something like a 20% three-point shooter in the 80's.

Try to remember a highlight of Magic or Worthy making a jump shot.

Good luck.