On a mission

shanetx1969

I really got tired of finding not enough about the football in small towns across the United States. So I decided to build a site with the focus being on small town high school football. Here where I live in Texas, we have so many big time players from small town teams. Anyway, the site is fairly new and lots of articles will be added. If interested, you can find it at http://www.smalltownfootball.com/

• Thanks 1
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, shanetx1969 said:

I really got tired of finding not enough about the football in small towns across the United States. So I decided to build a site with the focus being on small town high school football. Here where I live in Texas, we have so many big time players from small town teams. Anyway, the site is fairly new and lots of articles will be added. If interested, you can find it at http://www.smalltownfootball.com/

Cool idea. 

There are lots of small towns that have pretty cool football histories and tradition, regardless of success levels. 

Then there are a good few that have all of that and great success as well. 

Don't be afraid to hang out on here and discuss some of them with us aside from plugging the small town site. 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Cool idea. 

There are lots of small towns that have pretty cool football histories and tradition, regardless of success levels. 

Then there are a good few that have all of that and great success as well. 

Don't be afraid to hang out on here and discuss some of them with us aside from plugging the small town site. 

Will do. Just wanted some opinions to see if this might be a useful site. As far as histories and traditions, there are tons and tons of them here in Texas. I am very interested in hearing about the small town football traditions in other states.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shanetx1969 said:

Will do. Just wanted some opinions to see if this might be a useful site. As far as histories and traditions, there are tons and tons of them here in Texas. I am very interested in hearing about the small town football traditions in other states.

Yes, it could prove out to be a useful site for sure. 

Most of us appreciate sites like that where we can find additional information on schools that may not necessarily be household names per se'. 

I dig it. I hope it gets populated with a lot of schools and information about them both historical and current.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shanetx1969 said:

Good stuff, I like it!  Welcome to the site. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Surely, the fact that small towns are small because nobody wants to live there is not a revelation to anybody.

If it is then that's their fault.

Judging your other posts around this forum, you seem to be one that likes to stir the pot. There's at least one of your kind on every sports forum on the net. So I will choose to ignore you. It's perfectly fine to disagree. But when it turns into a pattern, you lose all creditability with other members of a board. By the way, Small towns are what makes America great. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shanetx1969 said:

Judging your other posts around this forum, you seem to be one that likes to stir the pot. There's at least one of your kind on every sports forum on the net. So I will choose to ignore you. It's perfectly fine to disagree. But when it turns into a pattern, you lose all creditability with other members of a board. By the way, Small towns are what makes America great. 

Los is like a black snake - unpleasant but harmless.

16 minutes ago, shanetx1969 said:

By the way, Small towns are what makes America great. 

This is such an idiotic statement.

It's what small town people say to make themselves feel better. 

I'm actually embarrassed for you.

If small towns are what makes America great, then why are they dying and why doesn't anybody actually live in them?

7 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Lots of people like to live in small towns - that’s why they are so many of them.

No, they don't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urbanization_in_the_United_States

In 1790, only about one out of every twenty Americans (on average) lived in urban areas (cities), but this ratio had dramatically changed to one out of four by 1870, one out of two by 1920, two out of three in the 1960s, and four out of five in the 2000s.

Urban population as percentage of U.S. population

1900: 39.6%

1910: 45.6%

1920: 51.2%

1930: 56.1%

1940: 56.5%

1950: 64.0%

1960: 69.9%

1970: 73.6%

1980: 73.7%

1990: 78.0%

2000: 79.0%