Dangerous People are Teaching Your Kids

BUFORDGAWOLVES

I experienced this “indoctrination” first hand. Kinda long, but read it please. 

About 5 years ago I finished my BS after literally being (as it turned out) 1 class short for about 15 years. What a dumbass! 🙄I didnt need it when I was hired in my current profession, but then I did so I went back...but that’s another story for another day when somebody wants to sit down, have a beer, and hear Blueliner’s exciting life story....

So anyways, I attended a prominent University in the Bay Area that was a fun place as a young man. All the cool experiences while being a college student could be had there. Everyone got along despite it being a pretty diverse student body. 

When I came back for my one class. Holy shit. Thank God it was an online course because I woulda flat out bitch slapped the professor on more than one occasion and then I’d be in jail. Why? Let’s just say that this guy was the epitome of what Peterson was talking about in the video. He was an America-hating, western-civilization hating, former hippie. The class I was taking had nothing to do with sociology, and I felt like I was taking an anti- America sociology course. The fact that he was blatantly injecting his political views into a class like this was really pissing me off. I’m an old guy who can think for myself, but the rest are just kids. Left or right....keep it out!

Was I trippin’? Was I just ....old now? I tested my theory by changing up the way that I answered my questions and interacted on the student forum....that he “modded” over. I recognized that he was kind of a lefty but I was ok with that initially. So I answered a little more to his liking because I just wanted my grade and get the heck on with my life. 

But then I got pretty pissed and began answering questions more like conservative (my real answers) and my grades dropped like a bad habit. I went from 95, 92, 98 etc to (enter Fox News) ...72 and then a 78. I started answering again likei CNN and boom....back in the 90s. Finished with an A for the class. 

But I kid you not. This shit is real. It was exactly like he said in the vid. I was THAT close to complaining, but figured I’d be pissing in the wind, so whatever. Got my degree! 

This isn’t to knock anyone on this forum’s views because this is just one man’s experience. But I honestly and objectively feel we should be concerned if it’s like this all over.  It influenced me enough to write this long ass post. 

Thanks for listening,

BL

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Blueliner said:

About 5 years ago I finished my BS after literally being (as it turned out) 1 class short for about 15 years. What a dumbass! 🙄I didnt need it when I was hired in my current profession, but then I did so I went back...but that’s another story for another day when somebody wants to sit down, have a beer, and hear Blueliner’s exciting life story....

So anyways, I attended a prominent University in the Bay Area that was a fun place as a young man. All the cool experiences while being a college student could be had there. Everyone got along despite it being a pretty diverse student body. 

When I came back for my one class. Holy shit. Thank God it was an online course because I woulda flat out bitch slapped the professor on more than one occasion and then I’d be in jail. Why? Let’s just say that this guy was the epitome of what Peterson was talking about in the video. He was an America-hating, western-civilization hating, former hippie. The class I was taking had nothing to do with sociology, and I felt like I was taking an anti- America sociology course. The fact that he was blatantly injecting his political views into a class like this was really pissing me off. I’m an old guy who can think for myself, but the rest are just kids. Left or right....keep it out!

Was I trippin’? Was I just ....old now? I tested my theory by changing up the way that I answered my questions and interacted on the student forum....that he “modded” over. I recognized that he was kind of a lefty but I was ok with that initially. So I answered a little more to his liking because I just wanted my grade and get the heck on with my life. 

But then I got pretty pissed and began answering questions more like conservative (my real answers) and my grades dropped like a bad habit. I went from 95, 92, 98 etc to (enter Fox News) ...72 and then a 78. I started answering again likei CNN and boom....back in the 90s. Finished with an A for the class. 

But I kid you not. This shit is real. It was exactly like he said in the vid. I was THAT close to complaining, but figured I’d be pissing in the wind, so whatever. Got my degree! 

This isn’t to knock anyone on this forum’s views because this is just one man’s experience. But I honestly and objectively feel we should be concerned if it’s like this all over.  It influenced me enough to write this long ass post. 

Thanks for listening,

BL

Probably because anything to the right of center is ridiculous and you deserved a lower grade for being a nut job. 

Extremist views, far right or far left should not he tolerated. Moderation is key. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Probably because anything to the right of center is ridiculous and you deserved a lower grade for being a nut job. 

Extremist views, far right or far left should not he tolerated. Moderation is key. 

That was ALMOST funny🤣

...but seriously. It was bad and blatant. I think you’da been upset as well. The dude was so far left that unless you agreed 100% of his views you’d have issues with it. Left or right, doesn’t matter, keep it out. I wanted to learn about Statistical Global Economics, not -Its America’s Fault That The World Hates America. It wasn’t cool, dude. 

Just now, Blueliner said:

That was ALMOST funny🤣

...but seriously. It was bad and blatant. I think you’da been upset as well. The dude was so far left that unless you agreed 100% of his views you’d have issues with it. Left or right, doesn’t matter, keep it out. I wanted to learn about Statistical Global Economics, not -Its America’s Fault That World Hates America. It wasn’t cool, dude. 

I think political views are just fine in a college setting.

But, like I said, moderation as key. A professor should be a facilitator of discussion, not preaching his/her own views.

You should be encouraging discussion on both sides to get everyone thinking and allow them to form their own view points based on facts, and not your political opinions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Thanks for listening,

BL

God dammit, what a story!!! Bahahaha... my kid goes to a progressive elitist academic and some of the stuff I'm hearing, I'm like damn!

Who are you, were you adopted? Switched at birth, wtf?

Regards

BGW

• Haha 1