Healthcare under attack...again.

World Citizen

51 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

I never said I was for anything. I simply stated it would be bad business. Can you not agree to this? 

I’m not for paying high insurance premiums to pay for those that are constantly sick when I’m completely healthy and never use insurance unless a traumatic incident occurs. 

As to the employee issue, I wouldn’t hire anyone that had a illness or pre existing condition that prohibited them from doing their job.... I think that falls into the common sense category. 

Your premiums don't go up bc of people being uninsured or being sick.  The cost fall mainly on hospitals and as the # of people that can't pay goes up the places That will close goes up.  

People will be denied for many things that would allow them to keep working.  You should remember when insurance companies used underwriters to decide who was able to have coverage and who was denied.  

I've heard that around 25% of adults under 65 have a pre-existing condition.  

Its too large a problem for us to allow our elected to keep working for the big corporations when they should be looking out for us.  Imho

Appreciate your opinion. 

38 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

All true, but do we let American's die in street from unwanted diseases because they are priced out of the current system. I don't have the answers either. I do know we are the most powerful country in the world and our citizens deserve, at a minimum, what other countries offer. If that's BS to you, so be it. I just think, minus the greedy bastards, we can do better.

I agree.  We can do better.  It should be much easier than we are making it out to be.  We all have to face health problems eventually and unless we are super wealthy, none of us can afford to be denied coverage when a medical emergency arises.  

We have to make our vote work for us and not for big corporations.  

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 6:27 PM, World Citizen said:

No matter what any of you think of the ACA, hopefully everyone can agree that to deny people care bc of a preexisting condition is a very bad thing.  Anybody remember when people were denied coverage just bc of a preexisting condition?  Pretty messed up to have an insurance company decide if you get care or not imo.  Leaving the totality of the ACA aside for a minute, many parts of the ACA were very positive and were a great help to many people. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-counts-pre-existing-condition-ahca-trump-obamacare-2017-5

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/08/health/obamacare-pre-existing-conditions-mandate.html

What are the thoughts on this topic?

To deny is to condemn to die. But the insurance companies love this for its all about their profits. The GOP never really had a replace option and why should they? After all, they have spent the past 50 years fighting to not have any kind of Universal coverage. Personally, I have never been a fan of the "Health Insurance" industry. Rather than contain costs, they have facilitated their increase. A single payer system thoughtfully designed would have been way superior! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

To deny is to condemn to die. But the insurance companies love this for its all about their profits. The GOP never really had a replace option and why should they? After all, they have spent the past 50 years fighting to not have any kind of Universal coverage. Personally, I have never been a fan of the "Health Insurance" industry. Rather than contain costs, they have facilitated their increase. A single payer system thoughtfully designed would have been way superior! 

I agree. Single payer system is the way to go. Get rid of these insurance companies. Have our taxes go towards something positive for once instead of paying for lazy Republicans to sit home and collect welfare. 

• Like 1