Lebron’s Son will attend high school in....

Ararar

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

To bad George Gervin played in a much tougher NBA era the 70s and nothing happened to him.

When i hear,  these slim guys would get killed in the 70-90s, I just think and what happened to George Gervin?

1024x1024.jpg

George did NOT put his body on the line for shit. Especially defense  

Regards

C.A.

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Rodman is also 4 inches smaller.  Add the wingspan in, and he's 6-7 inches smaller maybe more. KD unlike any 6'11/7'0 player in the 70-90s can shoot the three and drive past a defender to the rack. Rodman would be in a situation he didn't deal with ever(guarding a player on the perimeter)

I think you’re forgetting that Rodman would guard Jordan when he was on the pistons for long periods of the game.Like I said great players will be great but in a series if you can throw them off one game it could be the difference 

53 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I think you’re forgetting that Rodman would guard Jordan when he was on the pistons for long periods of the game.Like I said great players will be great but in a series if you can throw them off one game it could be the difference 

Jordan is 6'6. Rodman is 6'7. KD is 6'11/7'0 

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

George did NOT put his body on the line for shit. Especially defense  

Regards

C.A.

He led the NBA in scoring 4x. Obviously this myth that the NBA was mixed martial arts is a farce.

Back then,  NBA players had to actually expend less energy, because of ISO ball.  Many players just watched the one on one game in many possessions

It was physical then, gritty and physical for every George Gervin, you have Adrian Dantley, John Drew, Mark Aguirre, Bernard King, Physically strong small forwards that stand their ground. 

Expend less energy? No energy was spent in other areas, less finesse and more power. 

Played against John Drew, he would bring the ball down below the waist and extend arms up and out to gain contact on shooting motion and the foul and was strong enough to finish for the and 1. Mark Aguirre same thing, physical small forwards. Albeit Aguirre had a sweet turn around and a shot out to 3 Point line. 

Regards

BGW

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Expend less energy? No energy was spent in other areas, less finesse and more power. 

Much less energy.  When offenses are centered around one guy that can ISO, while the other 4 clear out and watch. There's less energy expended on both sides for most individuals.  Now a days you can't go ISO, defenses will adjust by shading the guy with the ball. That's why there's so much ball movement and player movement without the ball in today's game

6 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

At that point skill would have to come in play. I trust Rodman enough to atleast put up a fight on KD. 

And @Ararar dont feed the trolls... ignore him and he'll go away. 

He has a good point KD is a unique player but so was Rodman in his own way

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

At that point skill would have to come in play. I trust Rodman enough to atleast put up a fight on KD.

Skill?

There's a reason SF that are 6'7 don't guard 6'11 guys. 

There's a reason you don't win bets,  you have no clue about match ups or what you're watching

9 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Much less energy.  When offenses are centered around one guy that can ISO, while the other 4 clear out and watch. There's less energy expended on both sides for most individuals.  Now a days you can't go ISO, defenses will adjust by shading the guy with the ball. That's why there's so much ball movement and player movement without the ball in today's game

Let me simplify it... putting the dubs in the 80s era to play that style of basketball, with those rules and the physicality of the players and the culture in that era the dubs have no chance. The dubs will be roadkill.

Flip the scrip and any team from that era, same result... to say the dubs are the greatest all time is bullshit.

Ball movement doesn't mean shit if you cant advance the ball because you're getting rag dolled all over the place, Curry would be 7-8th off bench for offensive spark nothing more.

Regards,

BGW

p.s.the fact that Block shares your sentiments, pretty much says it all.

12 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Let me simplify it... putting the dubs in the 80s era to play that style of basketball, with those rules and the physicality of the players and the culture in that era the dubs have no chance. The dubs will be roadkill.

Flip the scrip and any team from that era, same result... to say the dubs are the greatest all time is bullshit.

Ball movement doesn't mean shit if you cant advance the ball because you're getting rad dolled all over the place, Curry would be 7-8th off bench for offensive spark nothing more.

Regards,

BGW

p.s.the fact that Block shares your sentiments, pretty much says it all.

Pretty similar with Hornet sharing your views. 

LeBron goes to the West and he's got to deal with GS just to get to the finals. Although I think if he goes to Houston they could beat GS but it's still far from a given. His best bet is Boston as much as it pains me to say that. They would need to unload Kyrie and some other piece. But LeBron, Tatum, Hayward, Brown & co. would match up real well with GS and their toughness/defense would bother them.

15 hours ago, steeler01 said:

And just think.

This Buford clown claims to have played basketball despite all the evidence so far being that he doesn't know jack spit about the game.

15 hours ago, Ararar said:

Interesting stats on the NBA pace FG% 3pta through the decades.80’s was actually a faster pace than today with a better FG% today’s game takes 20-25 more 3 pointers per

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats.html

The key stat is effective FG%

The three best years in league history?

The last three.

2018 was 3% points better than any season in the 1980s.

Math makes it nearly impossible for an 80s team to beat the Warriors.

6 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Ball movement doesn't mean shit if you cant advance the ball because you're getting rag dolled all over the place

As if the Warriors wouldn't be able to bring the ball up?

This fake old school tough guy stuff is embarrassing.

Go watch ESPN Classic and all of your myths will be exposed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

You mean East Coast Sports Network?

Unbelievable to think they give the Dubs that love. 

Not really 

Those fools always hype up current teams because they know they will get more viewers talking about current warriors then talking about 80s Lakers or Celtics