President Trump should win the Nobel Peace Prize

paladin4ever

he didn't even get as much as Bush got from N.K. in 2005...which N.K. didn't honor...and we gave up our "war games" with S.K...let's see if they comply.....they never have in the past...

he's not spreading peace anywhere else in the world....he's Mr. Chaos...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, paladin4ever said:

Look, at this point in time all we have is a document which is very non specific as to how the stated goals will be accomplished. Is it a start? Absolutely! But at the end of the day it is what happens over the next several months that will determine whether this was the beginning of a workable process or whether it will disintegrate and bring us back to square one.

Your title either reflects total ignorance of the process, or the rantings of a partisan hack with lots of free time on his hands. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Look, at this point in time all we have is a document which is very non specific as to how the stated goals will be accomplished. Is it a start? Absolutely! But at the end of the day it is what happens over the next several months that will determine whether this was the beginning of a workable process or whether it will disintegrate and bring us back to square one.

Your title either reflects total ignorance of the process, or the rantings of a partisan hack with lots of free time on his hands. 

A reasonable and measured response.  They’re gonna eat you for breakfast.

• Haha 2

Just now, Hardcore Troubador said:

A reasonable and measured response.  They’re gonna eat you for breakfast.

I want this to work as long as we don't give up too much. I believe we have a start. But it's just that, a start. While I am not ideologically aligned with Mike Pompeo, I do respect his intellect and believe that if anyone can get this to a positive conclusion he has as good a chance as any. 

In any event, we are now in a better place than we were back in December when both leaders were threatening each other with nukes!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I want this to work as long as we don't give up too much. I believe we have a start. But it's just that, a start. While I am not ideologically aligned with Mike Pompeo, I do respect his intellect and believe that if anyone can get this to a positive conclusion he has as good a chance as any. 

In any event, we are now in a better place than we were back in December when both leaders were threatening each other with nukes!

Agreed.  Even the war games suspension that the media is up in arms over doesn’t seem like a huge deal.  We still have troops there and in Japan, Guam, etc.  We still have diplomatic relations with South Korea.  We’re still sharing intelligence with South Korea.  Our militaries still cooperate, etc.

Let’s suspend one joint exercise and see what tangible moves North Korea makes.  We can always resume the exercises if needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

Or he's basing the thread on the fact that there is precedent for handing out the prestigious award based on nothing other than leftist/globalist political posturing, while Trump has at least something done and a process and goal in mind.

3 minutes ago, concha said:

Or he's basing the thread on the fact that there is precedent for handing out the prestigious award based on nothing other than leftist/globalist political posturing, while Trump has at least something done and a process and goal in mind.

The fact that Obama won a Peace Prize he did not deserve, in no way makes President Trump deserving of one. At least not as of yet ... two wrongs do not a right make and two negatives only yield a positive in certain branches/operations of mathematics. 

9 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

The fact that Obama won a Peace Prize he did not deserve, in no way makes President Trump deserving of one. At least not as of yet ... two wrongs do not a right make and two negatives only yield a positive in certain branches/operations of mathematics. 

It would be one undeniable wrong on the left and a potential wrong on the right though at least a basis to start making a calculation.

Just now, DarterBlue said:

As I have said, time will tell. I am cautiously optimistic. But there is no basis to break out the bubbly yet. 

Apparently, given precedent, were he a liberal Democrat the Dom Perignon and caviar would have been broken out 18 months ago.

• Sad 1