World Cup contest anyone? Careful, spoiler alert for DVR'd games

golfaddict1

8 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

I have to clue my buddy said France futures  best value play. 

Too young for me to have that much confidence in them.    In one game I feel great, but to win it all?   Definitely on paper maybe the most talented team.    Mbappe hurt his ankle yesterday too (not serious but still).

14 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

http://fcpredictor.espn.com/CleverTV_espn/en/espn/us/7/clienthome.do

Not much time left and it takes a little while to complete, but I gave it a try.  Lot of guessing.  

It's annoying it won't save anything after Russia/KSA for me.   Should we get a league thing going?  By the way this format is a pain in the A.

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

We can do a League or group from that site or perhaps this one might be easier?   

Looks like you just rank order of groups and then finish the knockout stage games from round of 16.  

http://www.poolhost.com/home/FIFA-World-Cup-Soccer-Futbol-Office-Pool.asp

1. Login or create an account at http://www.poolhost.com.

2. Go to the 'Pool Tools' menu and choose 'Join a Private Pool'.

3. Choose 'the pool type'.

4. To Join the pool you need to enter the Pool ID and Pool Password.
For the Pool ID # type: 794
For the Pool Password type: touchdown

I had to setup points format and bonus for choosing correct groups, so hope it looks somewhat normal.   I can adjust if it looks off even once it starts I assume.   

USE THIS FORUM'S PROFILE NAME with entry :)  

14 hours ago, Ararar said:

I’m  going with Spain and Belgium as a dark horse 

I switched to Brazil and am all in with Neymar.  I watched the Brazil-Austria game @ Austria and while I think Uruguay can be a tough out, Brazil is the only hope for a non Europe squad to take the trophy home imo.    Germany and France are sort of limping into the tourney, but we'll see how things go.   Both squads are loaded and I don't see Germany failing to make a run again as they are just so freaking technically good.   Not sure on Salah's health, but I'm going with Russia to take the 2 spot in their group.   

It's Neymar or bust.  His last 2 goals in friendlies.    

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I switched to Brazil and am all in with Neymar.  I watched the Brazil-Austria game @ Austria and while I think Uruguay can be a tough out, Brazil is the only hope for a non Europe squad to take the trophy home imo.    Germany and France are sort of limping into the tourney, but we'll see how things go.   Both squads are loaded and I don't see Germany failing to make a run again as they are just so freaking technically good.   Not sure on Salah's health, but I'm going with Russia to take the 2 spot in their group.   

It's Neymar or bust.  His last 2 goals in friendlies.    

As good as Neymar is this Brazil team is just excellent.   Gabriel Jesus will score more goals than Neymar IMO.  Can't remember them dominating conmebol qualifiers like they did this time around.

10 minutes ago, 954gator said:

As good as Neymar is this Brazil team is just excellent.   Gabriel Jesus will score more goals than Neymar IMO.  Can't remember them dominating conmebol qualifiers like they did this time around.

How do you guys know so much about soccer? you follow it year round ?

2 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

How do you guys know so much about soccer? you follow it year round ?

I’ve been into soccer since the WOR tv contract airing the NY Cosmos games lol.  I watch mostly Champions League/Europa league matches as well as the better Euro clubs in their country leagues.  The Euro Cup and World Cup for sure peaks my interest.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I had to setup points format and bonus for choosing correct groups, so hope it looks somewhat normal.   I can adjust if it looks off even once it starts I assume.   

Is CalPreps allowed?  Like how ECHS did during our pickem when coincidentally once he got behind they had the same wins and losses every weel?  Lol.  Thanks bro for setting it up. But dang give a brotha a little more time next time. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Anybody else getting a bad gateway?

No matter what I gotta back El Tri!!  Chicharrito, Andres, Guardado, Salcedo, The older dos Santos brother, Old man Rafa Marquez and of course our man in the goal Guillermo Ochoa!!  Another round of 16 appearance and then out?  As long as the usual corrupt refs don't screw us over, maybe a final 8?  But Brazil tho and France and Germany are going to be hard to beat.  Either way it all goes down tomorrow!