World Cup contest anyone? Careful, spoiler alert for DVR'd games

golfaddict1

2 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Getting this out the way now:

A lot of people are gonna blame the ref for that 2nd goal...

(Yes that was bad timing I agree...)

BUT...I blame the HORRENDOUS back pass as well as the keeper being 2000 feet out for no reason...

Senegal just took advantage...

Exactly. Bad judgment all around on that play by the Polish team.

Although Poland had more possession, Senegal always looked dangerous on the counter. Many individuals will be surprised by the two Group H results today. I am not among them. I figured both Senegal and Japan would be live threats to make the knockout stage of the competition and both teams now sit in the drivers seat. 

23 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I really thought Colombia would take this one.  Playing 1 man down so early is nuts.  I did not realize it was an auto red card for a hand ball like that.  

Calling it now...

Russia will get exposed in Round of 16....

How can a Host Country get to feast on cupcakes in their group is beyond me...

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 1:30 PM, Frosty4024 said:

Calling it now...

Russia will get exposed in Round of 16....

How can a Host Country get to feast on cupcakes in their group is beyond me...

Calling it now. Egypt will not be a cupcake today. I am feel they pull the upset and silence the Russian fans. But you are right, Russia was either lucky beyond belief in their draw or they had help!

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, Eddyr2 said:

For posting this pic you have now been subpoenaed to testify in front of  the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence: Subcommittee on Terrorism, Human Intelligence, Analysis, and Counterintelligence... @The Comish will be able to help you with the paperwork. 

Dear member,

You may not be aware, but as the Comish, I have little time or patience for menial tasks, we have a subcommittee on menial tasks, and secretaries (one of which is pictured above), to handle  the details.

Please refer your matters to the appropriate department.

-The Comish

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, The Comish said:

Dear member,

You may not be aware, but as the Comish, I have little time or patience for menial tasks, we have a subcommittee on menial tasks, and secretaries (one of which is pictured above), to handle  the details.

Please refer your matters to the appropriate department.

-The Comish

A member of the board is supporting the ruskies and you call investigating it a menial task?!?!?!

Just like I thought, you're in bed with the Russians...

the Comish? Naw, more like the Comishunist...

C8204FD7-E976-426B-977A-E297B6330CD3.jpeg

41 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Croatia handling Argentina 2-0 late.  Luca Modric, their star from Real Madrid, ripped a beauty of a goal to make it 2-0.  Argentina will have 1 pt thru 2 games.   Their goalie Caballeros made another blunder on the first goal.  

Croatia landed the 2nd dagger in extra time to win 3-0. That squad has potential to be the last man standing.

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Croatia handling Argentina 2-0 late.  Luca Modric, their star from Real Madrid, ripped a beauty of a goal to make it 2-0.  Argentina will have 1 pt thru 2 games.   Their goalie Caballeros made another blunder on the first goal.  

They smoked Argentina.  With Peru losing to France, I'm thinking South America just refused to travel to Russia.

3 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

They smoked Argentina.  With Peru losing to France, I'm thinking South America just refused to travel to Russia.

It seems that North America, our neighbor to the south, will have to carry not only the Latin banner, but the banner for all countries from the 'new world."

5 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Blunder is putting it mildly. If he had booted the ball up-field or scooped it up, the whole game may have had a different outcome. But he did not and the rest is history.

Croatia has a very physical team with no real weakness expect, perhaps, a lack of overall team speed. While I don't see them winning the cup, I would not be surprised if they made the semifinals.  

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

It seems that North America, our neighbor to the south, will have to carry not only the Latin banner, but the banner for all countries from the 'new world."

I hear that. I've been hearing all kinds of commercials on tv, radio and online from US companys pulling for Mexico. Really cool to see that not all think like the current administration about our neighbor to the south. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1