GEICO ESPN high school kickoff schedule set

Las Vegas_JC

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Dematha lost to SJR soundly in NJ 2013, beat MC soundly in MD in 2015 and same  year beat AHP (missed PAT to tie near end of regulation) in FL.  Last year they lost by 12 at BG.  One year Dematha played Godby (FL) in MD, forgot when but was an easy win as I recall.   

The best source for game history is Maxpreps. It is limited from 2004 but every team’s OOS and In State record has been compiled at this site. 

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/records/game_history.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=f0d82e69-dabf-44e0-a131-32581fac97dc

Here is Demathas info 

060E2A78-B1ED-4369-BB5B-E0E6761B5866.png

4 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

The best source for game history is Maxpreps. It is limited from 2004 but every team’s OOS and In State record has been compiled at this site. 

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/records/game_history.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=f0d82e69-dabf-44e0-a131-32581fac97dc

Here is Demathas info 

060E2A78-B1ED-4369-BB5B-E0E6761B5866.png

Long imaginary bus ride home from Hillsville after that imaginary 63-0 loss to Carroll County in 2010.

• Haha 1

On 6/12/2018 at 5:10 PM, Las Vegas_JC said:

“Seven teams ranked in the Way Too Early Super 25 high school football rankings will play in the GEICO ESPN High School Kickoff from Friday, Aug. 24 to Sunday, Aug. 26.

The event, in its ninth year, will be held on various ESPN channels and  includes seven defending state champions and 21 seniors in the ESPN 300 player rankings.

The event begins Aug. 24 with two games that are rematches of key 2017 contests. At 6 p.m. on ESPNU, No. 25 Warren Central (Indianapolis) will play at Kentucky 6A champion Trinity (Louisville). Trinity won last year’s game 42-41.

At 9 p.m. on ESPNU, No. 4 Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.), which was last year’s Super 25 champion, will play No. 12 Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas). The Monarchs of Mater Dei who won last year’s game, 35-21 at home, travel to Las Vegas this year.......”

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/seven-super-25-teams-will-play-in-the-geico-espn-high-school-kickoff

Ouch. Tough game for the bishop to be having on national tv.

10 hours ago, Antt said:

N we putting you guy's facing the sun and we wearing our NEW home White's jerseys so you guys have to wear dark colors and you have to use the golfers locker room 15 min walk on the other side of campus and we will pipe in extra crowd noise when you on offense 

Haha y'all are smart to try anything and everything to get some sort of advantage vs the stache.

8 hours ago, MA Fan said:

Long imaginary bus ride home from Hillsville after that imaginary 63-0 loss to Carroll County in 2010.

It seems that they got bad information in confusing Archbishop Carroll with Carroll County.

If you want to help Maxpreps out you can send them an email. 

https://support.maxpreps.com/hc/en-us

I think that it's a great source of information. 

4 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Ouch. Tough game for the bishop to be having on national tv.

That is what the Gaels do. They take on risk games.

Gorman has been doing this since as far back as 2000. That is when the team traveled 3,000 miles to Anchorage Alaska to play eventual state champ Dimond High School.

21 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Dematha lost to SJR soundly in NJ 2013, beat MC soundly in MD in 2015 and same  year beat AHP (missed PAT to tie near end of regulation) in FL.  Last year they lost by 12 at BG.  One year Dematha played Godby (FL) in MD, forgot when but was an easy win as I recall.   

2013 - Godby lost to Dematha 26-9. Same year Cocoa lost to Gonzaga by a last second 44 yard FG.

Booker T Washington was 2013 National Champs.

23 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

If you are going to correct spelling, look at your own sentence structure first. 

Sentence structure!  This is the best you can come up with?  Get lost.

My lack of “sentence structure” was deliberate, unlike your misspellings and use of the wrong word, which occur because you’re clueless.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Sentence structure!  This is the best you can come up with?  Get lost.

My lack of “sentence structure” was deliberate, unlike your misspellings and use of the wrong word, which occur because you’re clueless.

So you want to correct others but get mad when you are corrected?

Get lost. 

Folsom by 10. 

On 6/12/2018 at 7:55 PM, ECHS05 said:

I was rather high on them. But if you say they wouldn't have beat Loyola come playoff time Ima back off because I really dont know.... They just had the appearance of a strong team. I was thinking they might be #1 in IL this Preseason ..... 

Im assuming LWE will start where they ended @ #1?

Didn't want to slow your enthusiasm for Phillips as they are a very good team with an abundance of talent and may surprise everyone against PCent but their chances would be a lot better if the game was mid season. I spent some time trying to find a documentary on them which was very interesting but I forgot who produced it and had no luck finding it again. ( maybe you can track it down ). It also focused on Landry Walker and a couple of other inner city public schools who have risen above the challenges of making an athletic program successful in midst of routine gunfire and gangs.

IL. is among the most restrictive states relative to "off season" rules "allowed days" for hitting and pre-season scrimmages etc. ( they are even passing a law that their will be no tackle football for 12yrs and under which Bret Farve got behind today ) and it has shown with their miserable OOS record as virtually all of those games have been season openers. Come mid season however, their better teams can play with virtually anybody with maybe the exception of the super recruited teams like MD St Fran etc. Phillips can be counted to a lesser degree, among that group.

LWE will be a power house this year but for the most part its not a given that they will repeat; as the power in the state has gradually shifted to 8A with a couple of 7A schools that may be competitive. There are about a dozen or so of those teams, that on any given day, can beat each other so it makes it tough to get through the season without a loss or two. The lower classes are, IMO, with the exception of Phillips are not nationally relevant. Prairie Ridge with their national ranking the last couple of years were IMO the biggest "put on" since the nine dollar bill and would have been steamrolled by the upper division teams which they cleverly steered clear of. Those 8A teams like HF, The Brooke, MS or any number of the CCL Blue teams along with MT Carmel will all be there come playoff time and regardless of their regular season records, will be able to give LWE some problems especially if the weather is bad. 

Mt Carmel may be the most interesting story this year as a lot of the area's talent want to play for their new coach and so far they have been successful in fending off IMG which has been a big problem for them the past couple of years.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2018 at 12:47 PM, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Considering we are ranked higher than you on the national stage

Everyone knows Colquitt County HSFB and Rush Propst. No one has heard of Folsom and those that do think we’re talking about a prison. Never heard of your coach, either.  That said I do thank you for Jonah Williams though he learned how to play during his time in Georgia (go figure)