Colquitt Starts "7 On 7" Competition Today

Rufus69

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Colquitt will be strong on the lines and in the running game this year. I'm not ready to write the Hawgs off just yet.

If the passing game can develop just enough to keep the defense honest, then we will be in good shape.

I posted moons back....Colquitt will probably be a percentaged running team in 2018.  I'd say at least 55/45...maybe even 60/40.  That's where our strength will be.  Hopefully, Jaycee can manage the offense just enough to give us the threat of passing the ball when needed.  And Marvion can add to our playbook thru creative means.

But you need to toe the line and drink the kool aid...

OH WOE IS US !!!!!

Rufus>>

Just going strictly off of the Corky 7on results... 

All of the teams we expect to be good this season, aside from Grayson, had good showings at the tourney. 

If these scores and results mean anything at all toward what we might expect this season, it's going to be an awesome and fun season. 

I can hardly wait. 

28 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

All of the teams we expect to be good this season, aside from Grayson, had good showings at the tourney. 

If these scores and results mean anything at all toward what we might expect this season, it's going to be an awesome and fun season. 

I can hardly wait. 

We knew Grayson had an inept passing game. (Or atleast I did)

Some are making a big deal of their QB CJ Dixon... I simply dont see it.

No excuse for a team that talented not to be better at 7on.

Grayson has enough talent that CJ doesn't need to be the best QB that has ever walked the earth. They SHOULD be a formidable foe for just about anybody. 

Time will tell. 

I wish they would have come down for the spring game like we at first thought was gonna happen. I would have loved to see what they were working with early on and then again when we travel up for the regular season game. 

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

We knew Grayson had an inept passing game. (Or atleast I did)

Some are making a big deal of their QB CJ Dixon... I simply dont see it.

No excuse for a team that talented not to be better at 7on.

We didn't have everyone there.  No excuse, just statement of fact.  I hope we are in more 7v7 as I do agree we need the reps.

By the way, you know we won the UGA 7v7 with that inept passing game earlier this week don't you?

2 hours ago, Fred said:

We didn't have everyone there.  No excuse, just statement of fact.  I hope we are in more 7v7 as I do agree we need the reps.

By the way, you know we won the UGA 7v7 with that inept passing game earlier this week don't you?

I think you guys will be good, and right there at years end... But it wont be because of the passing game... Hopefully Ronald Thompkins can stay healthy all year, hes a good bit better than Halyard imo...

14 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I can hardly wait. 

A 7 on 7 competition is good work for your skilled people.  I definitely see the benefit of playing in those type environments...BUT...there is so much more to high school football.  Grayson will be fine.  Like you posted...just too much talent not to be.

Now to the elephant in the room.....

Most true Packer fans hafta be pleased with our results in the Corky.  To tell you the truth (my truth)...I didn't think we'd do as well as we did.  Colquitt has some "building" to do to get where we want to be...but it looks like we got the material to build with.  That's comforting.  I know we all want to win every game...but the hard facts are...Region play is what counts.  First...we hafta make the playoffs and then we NEED to get the best seeding we can.  It's a LOT less expensive to play in Mack Tharpe and the Hawgs thrive off of the crowd.  I also believe that Colquitt is a completely different animal when it comes to the playoffs.  We seem to do things THEY say can't be done.  I've never been one to get too optimistic...so I'll just keep things under control and say....

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!

And I hope we can find a way to crawl into the Georgia Top Ten....(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Like 1

I'll be optimistic for both of us. At the same time, I see one of the most top heavy years for talent in AAAAAAA and the entire state in a long time. Maybe ever. 

There are some teams that certainly look like they will be Trouble with a capital T. Then there are teams that are being eerily quiet like Lowndes. Did I say capital T. Maybe we could add a capital L, just because they are so quiet. 

I'm like you that it feels pretty good to see that Jaycee may be coming into his own as the game manager that we need. 7 on 7 is great practice for making quick reads, set and throw. He's an athlete, and I think will do well. 

As an aside to that thought on Jaycee... I think about how quite a few folks were vocal last year about wanting to bench Steven for Jaycee and kinda chuckle to myself. Especially after seeing Jaycee in the spring. I also think about how glad I am that Rush makes those type decisions and not those vocal fusspot fans. I thought about it a few times actually. How far could we have gotten with Jaycee and Steven on the bench? Not to Suwannee I don't think, however, we could maybe have a more battle tested qb to start this season. I think a lot of us got spoiled by having Chase Parrish be such a prolific starter and now it's difficult to accept that everyone can't be that. 

Anyway... gonna be a hell of a fun season. Especially with our first scrimmage being in the Mercedes Benz Stadium against a pretty well rounded opponent. 

33 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'll be optimistic for both of us. At the same time, I see one of the most top heavy years for talent in AAAAAAA and the entire state in a long time. Maybe ever. 

There are some teams that certainly look like they will be Trouble with a capital T. Then there are teams that are being eerily quiet like Lowndes. Did I say capital T. Maybe we could add a capital L, just because they are so quiet. 

I'm like you that it feels pretty good to see that Jaycee may be coming into his own as the game manager that we need. 7 on 7 is great practice for making quick reads, set and throw. He's an athlete, and I think will do well. 

As an aside to that thought on Jaycee... I think about how quite a few folks were vocal last year about wanting to bench Steven for Jaycee and kinda chuckle to myself. Especially after seeing Jaycee in the spring. I also think about how glad I am that Rush makes those type decisions and not those vocal fusspot fans. I thought about it a few times actually. How far could we have gotten with Jaycee and Steven on the bench? Not to Suwannee I don't think, however, we could maybe have a more battle tested qb to start this season. I think a lot of us got spoiled by having Chase Parrish be such a prolific starter and now it's difficult to accept that everyone can't be that. 

Anyway... gonna be a hell of a fun season. Especially with our first scrimmage being in the Mercedes Benz Stadium against a pretty well rounded opponent. 

I think Marietta, Grayson, North Gwinnett and possibly Walton will be the front runners early on.  Not far behind you'll find McEachern and Brookwood.  

If Lowndes keeps recruiting players over the summer (they've somehow landed 2 already)...they should be pretty durn strong.  They're trying to solidify their pass defense.  Camden probably is still at least a year away...but don't take your eyes off Bullet Bob.  Never trust Bullet Bob.  Rumor is...Tift is trying to manipulate their numbers in order to drop down to AAAAAA with Valdosta and Coffee....(Smile).  And Colquitt is slowly, methodically and painfully trying to keep step with the MONSTERS of metro ATL.

The only complaint from last year from me regarding Steven/Jaycee was...Jaycee should have gotten a LOT more snaps in game conditions.  Roswell was the anomaly cause Steven got hurt in that game.  Hey...it was what it was...and now...it is what it is.  Like what "Doc" has always said...

"IF a frog had wings...he wouldn't bump his ass when he jumped".

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

I think Marietta, Grayson, North Gwinnett and possibly Walton will be the front runners early on.  Not far behind you'll find McEachern and Brookwood.  

If Lowndes keeps recruiting players over the summer (they've somehow landed 2 already)...they should be pretty durn strong.  They're trying to solidify their pass defense.  Camden probably is still at least a year away...but don't take your eyes off Bullet Bob.  Never trust Bullet Bob.  Rumor is...Tift is trying to manipulate their numbers in order to drop down to AAAAAA with Valdosta and Coffee....(Smile).  And Colquitt is slowly, methodically and painfully trying to keep step with the MONSTERS of metro ATL.

The only complaint from last year from me regarding Steven/Jaycee was...Jaycee should have gotten a LOT more snaps in game conditions.  Roswell was the anomaly cause Steven got hurt in that game.  Hey...it was what it was...and now...it is what it is.  Like what "Doc" has always said...

"IF a frog had wings...he wouldn't bump his ass when he jumped".

Rufus>>

If you dont stop with this Brookwood stuff...

Why no mention of Archer?