Around the Horn

Mjd33

Opened the Espn APP accidentally on my phone .... so I decided to click around the Horn for shits and giggles. 

The panel of so called “experts” today:

a white female lesbian 

a black male 

a gay Hispanic male 

an old white guy 

a Japanese? American female with a lisp that talks out the side of her mouth 

Espn insists on shoving diversity down on our throats. And the consumers have turned them off.... 

Before hitting submit I listened To the gay Hispanic male using his 30 seconds to talk about the LGBTQRXTUZ community at the end of the show. For the love of God make this stop. 

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

Opened the Espn APP accidentally on my phone .... so I decided to click around the Horn for shits and giggles. 

a white female lesbian 

a black male 

a gay Hispanic male 

an old white guy 

Espn insists on shoving diversity down on our throats. And the consumers have turned them off.... 

Before hitting submit I listened To the gay Hispanic male using his 30 seconds to talk about the LGBTQRXTUZ community at the end of the show. For the love of God make this stop. 

Jackie McMullen is lesbian? - well knock me over with a feather.

7 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

a white female lesbian 

a black male 

a gay Hispanic male 

an old white guy 

America is diverse. Is it not?

Whites are now the minority. What land do u live in? Lol

13 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

America is diverse. Is it not?

Whites are now the minority. What land do u live in? Lol

What happened to a merit based system? What’s wrong with that regardless of gender, race, sexual preference etc 

best candidate gets the job/promotion. 

You agree or no? 

3 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

What happened to a merit based system? What’s wrong with that regardless of gender, race, sexual preference etc 

best candidate gets the job/promotion. 

You agree or no? 

I do agree with that.

But I also agree that we should celebrate diversity, as that is what our country is based and founded on.

3 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Lol no she’s married actually but wasn’t on show. 

Shes a decent writer no problem with her. 

Sarah Spain then - I really don’t keep a scorecard on their preferences.  McMullen was a typical Boston writer - trash the home teams.

2 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I do agree with that.

But I also agree that we should celebrate diversity, as that is what our country is based and founded on.

I’m for diversity if it doesn’t came at the expense of a more qualified candidate (s). 

5 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I’m for diversity if it doesn’t came at the expense of a more qualified candidate (s). 

Celebrating diversity has NOTHING to do with something like affirmative action. The connection you are trying to make is old and outdated. 

We can celebrate the diversity of our country without sacrificing quality or standards for anything. 

42 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

a white female lesbian 

a black male 

a gay Hispanic male 

an old white guy 

Pablo Torre is latino?  Dude.  Never mind.  Carry on. 

7 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Celebrating diversity has NOTHING to do with something like affirmative action. The connection you are trying to make is old and outdated. 

We can celebrate the diversity of our country without sacrificing quality or standards for anything. 

I’m completely against affirmative action for one .... 

But that was my point.... the panel today from sports knowledge perspective was substandard from what we should expect from the so called wide leader of sports network. 

5 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

But that was my point.... the panel today from sports knowledge perspective was substandard from what we should expect from the so called wide leader of sports network. 

Are you against military preference programs in hiring or college legacy programs for acceptance?

6 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

You are taking it the wrong way. You are being paranoid about diversity. Affirmative action ended a long time ago. 

Take your mask off and see the new world. Its beautiful. 

8 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

When is the last time ANYONE was hired under affirmative action?

Just don’t ..... you’re too far out in front of your skis in this one. 

We can do this later if you want but my gym partner yelling at me lol