Should this Guy win the Nobel Peace Prize

DevilDog

27 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

That a top elite school did research like this.  What did you think?  Not a repub so all minorities are cool in my book. Sorry.  lol

Did you read the article ... 

What does Being a republican have to do with merit? 

I’m in favor of merit based admissions. In actuality, you are only harming the kids that get into these schools that were admitted for other reasons than HS gpa or standardized test scores ..... because they cannot keep up with the course work in many cases. 

But I think it’s bullshit Asians get penalized 50 points on the SATs. 

Just as it’s BS Hispanics get a 185 point increase and blacks get a 310 score increase. 

Thats garbage.... how about a level playing field for everyone? 

Did You get into brown because you could play baseball well? Did being a Hispanic help  (I think you are) .... or combination of both? 

As a recruited ivy athlete .... in your opinion what’s more of deserving of an SAT score bump ..... being good at a sport OR the color of your skin? 

22 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I’m in favor of merit based admissions. In actuality, you are only harming the kids that get into these schools that were admitted for other reasons than HS gpa or standardized test scores ..... because they cannot keep up with the course work in many cases. 

Just as it’s BS Hispanics get a 185 point increase and blacks get a 310 score increase. 

Did You get into brown because you could play baseball well? Did being a Hispanic help  (I think you are) .... or combination of both? 

As a recruited ivy athlete .... in your opinion what’s more of deserving of an SAT score bump ..... being good at a sport OR the color of your skin? 

If you want a level playing field for everyone then why are you bitching about illegals and random shit when you should he promoting the same educational opportunities for all in the early school years so that we don't have to go through this process in college. 

25 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Funny you aren't at all worried about the inflated costs of college education but instead obsessed with who gets in and who doesn't. 

Unreal dude. 

I'm confused how does the SAT scores and admissions standards at colleges and universities relate to an article asking does DRod deserve the Nobel Peace Prize?  I know this if you answered questions on any test as far off as on this subject matter.  Your ass would not get into the Marine Corps more less Brown and I don't care if you are Asian. 😋

Unless your argument is Blacks get a bump for the Nobel Peace Prize. Since no one on the Right thinks Obama deserved it.  

Damn I'm even more confused😕. LMAO

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

I took every advantage out there that was available to me.  I was born with some skill to hit a ball and a Mexi/Scicilian who was a wiz at math.  Got an 800 on my math SAT's.  Baseball opened the door to Brown and math got me in.  Obviously skin color should never be a positive or negative.  However the way the system has always been, those that are non white got a lot of catching up for the years we were not allowed anywhere near an Ivy league school. 

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

However the way the system has always been, those that are non white got a lot of catching up for the years we were not allowed anywhere near an Ivy league school. 

But Asians should be discriminated against? They aren’t white. 

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

If you want a level playing field for everyone then why are you bitching about illegals and random shit when you should he promoting the same educational opportunities for all in the early school years so that we don't have to go through this process in college. 

It seems like you’re admitting affirmative action still exists but yesterday you said it ended? Which one is it.... 

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Funny you aren't at all worried about the inflated costs of college education but instead obsessed with who gets in and who doesn't. 

Unreal dude. 

Do you know why the cost of college has drastically increased? I do .... 

college costs IS out of control .... and the government is to blame when they got involved with student loans in the mid 80s. 

But all you suicidal democrats Insist on bigger govnt which is the wrong philosophy. 

Sure you didn’t know anyone of this .... so you’re welcome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

I'm confused how does the SAT scores and admissions standards at colleges and universities relate to an article asking does DRod deserve the Nobel Peace Prize?  I know this if you answered questions on any test as far off as on this subject matter.  Your ass would not get into the Marine Corps more less Brown and I don't care if you are Asian. 😋

Unless your argument is Blacks get a bump for the Nobel Peace Prize. Since no one on the Right thinks Obama deserved it.  

Damn I'm even more confused😕. LMAO

Lol sorry for hijacking your thread DD. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

college costs IS out of control .... and the government is to blame when they got involved with student loans in the mid 80s. 

But all you suicidal democrats Insist on bigger govnt which is the wrong philosophy. 

Once the endless government money supply started filling the tuition/loan trough...

As usual,  a nice-sounding "helping hand" from the left fucking things up for the very people they purported to want to help (and everyone else too).

9 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

College in the mid 80s was practically nothing. Costs didn't skyrocket until the late 90s right around when your boy Bush took power and put two wars on a credit card. 

But I guess you didn't know any one this. How could you? Probably took a 20k student loan out to attend Trump University lol

28 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

when your boy Bush took power and put two wars on a credit card.

You say this 20x a week parroting a dolt like Don Lemonade. You need new material. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/harvard-records-show-discrimination-against-asian-americans-group-142414025.html

Article from today. Those Asians can’t catch a break it seems.