Jeff Sessions cited a Bible passage used by American slaveholders to defend Trump’s family separation policy.

RedZone

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Some of these families are asylum seekers and they have a right to seek asylum as that’s not illegal.  They enter the country and await a court date. Everyone is not jumping the fence as that’s the narrative being generally floated. 

So you are saying they are calmly walking up to the exact spot they need to start the process and are being ripped away without any idea why? 

There is a line of asylum seekers. There is a process. You can't just yell asylum and expect to waltz in. It has to be a case by case basis. 

Funny how Mexico wasn't good enough for the Central Americans. 

50 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yeah, I caught that too.  He does his best to dehumanize people, he couldn’t have picked a better term that we use in describing what we do to fish and animals. 

Exactly. He really is a God fearing good Christian man. I swear he really is. If JC were alive, they would be BFF's.

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

So you are saying they are calmly walking up to the exact spot they need to start the process and are being ripped away without any idea why? 

There is a line of asylum seekers. There is a process. You can't just yell asylum and expect to waltz in. It has to be a case by case basis. 

I'm surely not outraged.  Sessions using a Book revised by a Homosexual King from England to justify his actions and was used to enforce Slavery is only a shock to Knuckleheads that have no sense of the history of this nation or Queen James' Bible.  Of course the descendants of those people would feel the same about some Brown Kids sneaking back into the home land of their Actual Ancestors.  

i HAVE NO FAKE OUTRAGE I UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THIS NATIONS ACTIONS AND ITS HISTORY.  Keep them in check Bull with their fake outrage at such Historical Hypocrisy.  This is where I agree with the Wingnutz.  

The Lib's should look on the Bright side at least Sessions is not selling the kids to another Plantation owner.  🤘

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

The issue is we don’t rip kids away indiscriminately, and that’s what’s being reported. 

I already know how the asylum process works and many from Central America are fleeing the violence in El Salvador and Honduras in an effort to save their children.  This is not a new phenomenon. 

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

We cant let everyone in it's as simple as that. Go find another country that will deal with you. Asylum is such a crap. There are many countries on this planet go to a different one other than here esp with people we cant vet. 

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Exactly. He really is a God fearing good Christian man. I swear he really is. If JC were alive, they would be BFF's.

Sir does this not 100% prove what I have often repeated about this nations Christianity.  They are probably teaching those kids to obey their master too. 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

The issue is we don’t rip kids away indiscriminately, and that’s what’s being reported. 

I already know how the asylum process works and many from Central America are fleeing the violence in El Salvador and Honduras in an effort to save their children.  This is not a new phenomenon. 

But we do and we are and it should be applauded. If you dont want your kidstaken away stop coming here 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I disagree sir.  America does do these things and much worse.  It is a European habit.  See the Aboriginals in Australia, the Tasmanians, The Zimbabweans and African Americans  and now the Mexican Kids.  Except the Black kids here are ripped away and locked up and the Mexican kids are held in refurbished Walmarts.  🤘

It's penal Slavery enforced by the 13th Amendment.  

The 13th Amendment states that "neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for a crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I disagree sir.  America does do these things and much worse.  It is a European habit.  See the Aboriginals in Australia, the Tasmanians, The Zimbabweans and African Americans.  Except the Black kids are ripped away and locked up.  

It's penal Slavery enforced by the 13th Amendment.  

The 13th Amendment states that "neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for a crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Let me rephrase, the country does it and has alright in the past, but shouldn’t rip kids away and place them in camps.  

I would not be surprised if It comes out soon that they are separating and detaining actual citizens too.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Let me rephrase, the country does it and has alright in the past, but shouldn’t rip kids away and place them in camps.  

I agree with you.  Just as usual adding my unique spin to the Hypocrisy.  I bet if those were Canadians they wouldn't be ripped away.  And I forgot to add the Japanese to my list.  You see the reason these fools want you to forget history is so they can keep doing the same B.S.  Kids are taken from their parents here daily over a lot of B.S. If you show compassion the Right think you're a weak person.  So I respond back to them with the same rhetoric.   They like that even if I piss em off. 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I agree with you.  Just as usual adding my unique spin to the Hypocrisy.  I bet if those were Canadians they wouldn't be ripped away.  And I forgot to add the Japanese to my list.  You see the reason these fools want you to forget history is so they can keep doing the same B.S.  Kids are taken from their parents here daily over a lot of B.S. 

I read that one of the most ruthless and destructive immigrants in this country the past decade has been the Russian mafia in the northeast.  Not a thing is mentioned about them,no outrage nor plans to stop them from coming over. I wonder why? 

America is a hypocrite, Hispanics are the fastest growing minority group here in the US and this is their plan to slow or stop it. We all see this bs for what it is. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I read that one of the most ruthless and destructive immigrants in this country the past decade has been the Russian mafia in the northeast.  Not a thing is mentioned about them,no outrage nor plans to stop them from coming over. I wonder why? 

America is a hypocrite, Hispanics are the fastest growing minority group here in the US and this is their plan to slow or stop it. We all see this bs for what it is. 

No doubt.  It is 2018 and America is rounding up Brown Kids and taking them from their Parents.  I love history and this is considered the Smartest damn Person to ever live and he came away with this observation.(IQ 160-190)

Albert Einstein was a German-born theoretical physicist who developed the theory of relativity, one of the two pillars of modern physics. His work is also known for its influence on the philosophy of science.

Yet I wonder why no one ever mentions him saying this:  

Here’s something you probably don’t know about Albert Einstein.

In 1946, the Nobel Prize-winning physicist traveled to Lincoln University in Pennsylvania, the alma mater of Langston Hughes and Thurgood Marshall and the first school in America to grant college degrees to blacks. At Lincoln, Einstein gave a speech in which he called Racism “a disease of white people,” and added, “I do not intend to be quiet about it.”

Related image

• Like 2

I need one of you damn Hypocrites to come and give me tutelage about this Christianity .  A long history of this B.S used against POC to maintain supremacy.  .  Even this guy is calling B.S. and he is on Trump's Evangelical Council.  Amen to this Pastor.  May Elaha bless you for calling out this B.S.   This Gentlemen seems to be a true Man of the Most High.  Peace be unto him. Too bad more are of the Sessions ilk.   You are a damn fool to embrace this as a POC.

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I need one of you damn Hypocrites to come and give me tutelage about this Christianity .  A long history of this B.S used against POC to maintain supremacy.  .  Even this guy is calling B.S. and he is on Trump's Evangelical Council.  Amen to this Pastor.  May Elaha bless you for calling out this B.S.   This Gentlemen seems to be a true Man of the Most High.  Peace be unto him. Too bad more are of the Sessions ilk.   You are a damn fool to embrace this as a POC.

Not only POC, but a methodology of control as long as man has been interpreting the scriptures, I don't believe there exists a religion that does not use the banner of religion to control others.

Regards,

BGW

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I need one of you damn Hypocrites to come and give me tutelage about this Christianity .  A long history of this B.S used against POC to maintain supremacy. […]

I'm not much for the current immigration policy, and I think it's wildly inappropriate for a public official to quote a biblical passage as support for an immigration policy, but the word "hypocrite" is ancient Greek for "actor" and was turned into a word of contempt by Jesus as represented in the New Testament. Jesus's main target of criticism wasn't any of the usual suspects of his day -- the prostitutes or the tax collectors or the Romans who ruled over the Jews at the time -- but religious hypocrites. So contempt for religious hypocrisy is central to the religion, even if those who profess to practice the religion are often guilty of that same hypocrisy. 

And religious hypocrisy isn't something peculiar to Christians or to American Christians or even to the religious, but is part of the human condition. The Japanese Buddhists, who profess to have compassion for all sentient beings, persecuted Christians in the 17th century. And today, we hear of African Muslims kidnapping schoolgirls and threatening to execute the ones who have not accepted Islam. So much for the religion of peace. 

It's probably not a great idea to play "my religion is better than yours" by appealing to history. And that's not because everyone's history is dark, but because whether a religion is true (or more plausible than the alternatives) depends on the evidence for its doctrine and not on the history of those states most of whose members profess to believe the doctrine.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Not only POC, but a methodology of control as long as man has been interpreting the scriptures, I don't believe there exists a religion that does not use the banner of religion to control others.

Regards,

BGW

I agree, but I don't think that that's a problem peculiar to religion. 

The major anti-religious alternative we've seen so far -- communism -- has done a pretty good job of using its own doctrine to control others.

Even the liberal democracies who try to be non-religions use their stuff to control others. Think of all the ways the non-religious left and the non-religious right try to control people on social media and in the universities and even in the law courts. You hear of campus feminists and the SJWs creating safe spaces in universities where their leftist ideas aren't allowed to be questioned by others, and you hear of non-religious conservative politicians responding by cutting funding to public universities.

That's how human beings are. We did that to each other long before we had any of the major religions. And the great wars of the 20th century had nothing to do with religion. But we managed to kill millions of each other anyway, over other ideas. And we will very likely continue to do that to each other if religion should ever disappear.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

I agree, but I don't think that that's a problem peculiar to religion. 

The major anti-religious alternative we've seen so far -- communism -- has done a pretty good job of using its own doctrine to control others.

Even the liberal democracies who try to be non-religions use their stuff to control others. Think of all the ways the non-religious left and the non-religious right try to control people on social media and in the universities and even in the law courts. You hear of campus feminists and the SJWs creating safe spaces in universities where their leftist ideas aren't allowed to be questioned by others, and you hear of non-religious conservative politicians responding by cutting funding to public universities.

That's how human beings are. We did that to each other long before we had any of the major religions. And the great wars of the 20th century had nothing to do with religion. But we managed to kill millions of each other anyway, over other ideas. And we will very likely continue to do that to each other if religion should ever disappear.  

It may not be exclusive to religions but religions are the most hypocritical imo.  And plainly hypocritical at that, which makes it more painful.  I'm not religious at all and I think it bothers me more than these so called Christians who willfully ignore the teachings of Christ.  On a side note, I think these so called Christians have no clue what Christ's teachings were about even though they ignore them and could recite the verses.  But that conversation is for another day perhaps. 

I think communism and the eastern bloc countries during the cold war were not controlled by communism so much as they were controlled by a fence and a machine gun.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I'm not much for the current immigration policy, and I think it's wildly inappropriate for a public official to quote a biblical passage as support for an immigration policy, but the word "hypocrite" is ancient Greek for "actor" and was turned into a word of contempt by Jesus as represented in the New Testament. Jesus's main target of criticism wasn't any of the usual suspects of his day -- the prostitutes or the tax collectors or the Romans who ruled over the Jews at the time -- but religious hypocrites. So contempt for religious hypocrisy is central to the religion, even if those who profess to practice the religion are often guilty of that same hypocrisy. 

And religious hypocrisy isn't something peculiar to Christians or to American Christians or even to the religious, but is part of the human condition. The Japanese Buddhists, who profess to have compassion for all sentient beings, persecuted Christians in the 17th century. And today, we hear of African Muslims kidnapping schoolgirls and threatening to execute the ones who have not accepted Islam. So much for the religion of peace. 

It's probably not a great idea to play "my religion is better than yours" by appealing to history. And that's not because everyone's history is dark, but because whether a religion is true (or more plausible than the alternatives) depends on the evidence for its doctrine and not on the history of those states most of whose members profess to believe the doctrine.  

I agree but this particular one and its enforcers impacted my ancestors and thus me.  I can provide documented truths to its effects.  No other religion in America has done the same no matter how non mainstream it happens to be.  Just this one was used to control and enslave.  Sessions was just repeating centuries old dogma.  What do you suppose caused Nat Turner to rise up and reject its hypocrisy.  This nation laid its foundation upon it.  I call it as I see it. Christians here are the biggest racist and hypocrites

4 hours ago, World Citizen said:

[…]

I think communism and the eastern bloc countries during the cold war were not controlled by communism so much as they were controlled by a fence and a machine gun.

That may be, but I think that the guys who built the fences and purchased the machine guns and who set up the system in the first place did so because they believed that communism was worth dying and killing for. Think about Castro and Che. Whatever you want to say about the Cubans who were later desperate to leave, they and their people believed in the -ism enough to fight and kill for it. I would think that the same would go for Lenin and Mao etc. Enough people believed in the -ism to get it up and running.

Why is Sunday morning the most segregated day in America if it's truly one nation under Elaha

Friday Night Football in Beast Texas is a Helluva lot more inclusive than Sunday Mornings.  Why are Blacks AME, CME, and National Baptist the largest Protestant groups.  Because Methodist and Southern Baptist Whites wanted nothing to do with them after converting them.  They are MOFoing hypocrites.

And Yeshua says stay away from hypocrites. 

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I agree but this particular one and its enforcers impacted my ancestors and thus me.  I can provide documented truths to its effects.  No other religion in America has done the same no matter how non mainstream it happens to be.  Just this one was used to control and enslave.  Sessions was just repeating centuries old dogma.

I hear you, but don't forget about the Christians of good will who fought and sometimes died for the sake of black people in this country. I would think that it would be better to distinguish people than to paint them in broad strokes. 

The Pilgrims were against slavery. The Quakers were outspoken critics of the practice well before the country was formed. Opinions about the practice of slavery seemed to have been divided more along political lines than religious ones. Northern churches tended to condemn the practice; Southern churches, to support it. 

3 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I hear you, but don't forget about the Christians of good will who fought and sometimes died for the sake of black people in this country. I would think that it would be better to distinguish people than to paint them in broad strokes. 

The Pilgrims were against slavery. The Quakers were outspoken critics of the practice well before the country was formed. Opinions about the practice of slavery seemed to have been divided more along political lines than religious ones. Northern churches tended to condemn the practice; Southern churches, to support it. 

Huge fan of those ancient Quakers.  And am no way attacking you as a person. I'm speaking to the institution.  Sessions comes from that old mindset.  Shall we open up the Southern Baptist and reveal what I profess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Why is Sunday morning the most segregated day in America if it's truly one nation under Elaha

Friday Night Football in Beast Texas is a Helluva lot more inclusive than Sunday Mornings.  Why are Blacks AME, CME, and National Baptist the largest Protestant groups.  Because Methodist and Southern Baptist Whites wanted nothing to do with them after converting them.  They are MOFoing hypocrites.

And Yeshua says stay away from hypocrites. 

It's unfortunate the churches tend to be segregated. But I don't think it's a special case. Towns and neighborhoods still tend to be segregated. I think it's still too rare for people of different races or ethnicities to live in the same neighborhood in roughly the same economic circumstances. That would be the best way to cure racism. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Huge fan of those ancient Quakers.  And am no way attacking you as a person. I'm speaking to the institution.  Sessions comes from that old mindset.  Shall we open up the Southern Baptist and reveal what I profess.

I hear you, and I don't feel like you're attacking me as a person. I'm saying that there is no such thing as THE institution of American Christianity. Christians have been fragmented in this country from the beginning. Southern Baptists aren't Northern Quakers, but both are American Christians. 

• Like 1