Happy 4th of July

hardhit1

On 7/3/2018 at 9:13 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Awesome! Have fun and good luck at the tourney. 

Gonna catch my fireworks at the amusement park tomorrow night I think. 60% rain chance may come into play, but, go cart racing and roller-coasters etc., should offset the possible rain out on the fireworks. 

Yes, my old ass still does bumper cars, go carts and roller coasters. 

May even spring the cheese for the big Geronimo Skycoaster... Love living on the ragged edge. 

Related image

Dude, if you haven't been, you must come visit Cedar Point....... Generally considered the best amusement park in the world.......they have 8-10 world class roller coasters, 4 of which are considered elite (tier 1 OIAG if you ask Sammy.) ......is on a peninsula right on Lake Erie with truly resort type hotels, accommodations, and beach......also awesome campgrounds, state parks nearby... in addition to Put-in-bay nearby.

Truly my single favorite place to spend a day

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coletrain06 said:

Dude, if you haven't been, you must come visit Cedar Point....... Generally considered the best amusement park in the world.......they have 8-10 world class roller coasters, 4 of which are considered elite (tier 1 OIAG if you ask Sammy.) ......is on a peninsula right on Lake Erie with truly resort type hotels, accommodations, and beach......also awesome campgrounds, state parks nearby... in addition to Put-in-bay nearby.

I've read about it before while looking for short vacation trips to take. 

Our amusement park is probably small compared to that, more than half of it is a water park now. There is several coasters, but only one that I consider good, with all the intangibles that meet my criteria. The Twisted Typhoon. Good combination of speed, multiple rolls, loops and a fairly smooth ride. 

The boomerang coaster is fun, but far too small. 

The others are sorta kiddie coasters aside from Swamp Thing which is pretty tame as far as speed and loops, but, it does traverse over the gator swamp with live gators which adds a certain exciting element. 

If you are middle aged or older... NEVER ride the Cheetah. 65 mph and 4 minutes of beat your old ass to death. xD

The Geronimo skycoaster is my shit. Pulled up 180 ft. in the air on a needle connected to a 2 inch diameter cable. When you look down, there is a target painted on the ground and a few chalk body outlines around it. You have a rip cord that releases you from the needle, and other than the long slow lowering of shame, it's the only fast way down and off the ride. 

The operatior counts down, 3...2...1... Fly. You pull the rip cord and freefall for a few seconds before the cable gets taught and you swing, zooming through the air like superman. 

First 1.5 minutes is bullshit rigging and setting up the riders. 

But yeah... Dollywood is on my list for a trip, Cedar Point and Branson Missouri to name a few.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

My wife is part of the coaster club and has season passes. She rides in the front row with her 80 year old dad.😀

• Like 2

14 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I've read about it before while looking for short vacation trips to take. 

Our amusement park is probably small compared to that, more than half of it is a water park now. There is several coasters, but only one that I consider good, with all the intangibles that meet my criteria. The Twisted Typhoon. Good combination of speed, multiple rolls, loops and a fairly smooth ride. 

The boomerang coaster is fun, but far too small. 

The others are sorta kiddie coasters aside from Swamp Thing which is pretty tame as far as speed and loops, but, it does traverse over the gator swamp with live gators which adds a certain exciting element. 

If you are middle aged or older... NEVER ride the Cheetah. 65 mph and 4 minutes of beat your old ass to death. xD

The Geronimo skycoaster is my shit. Pulled up 180 ft. in the air on a needle connected to a 2 inch diameter cable. When you look down, there is a target painted on the ground and a few chalk body outlines around it. You have a rip cord that releases you from the needle, and other than the long slow lowering of shame, it's the only fast way down and off the ride. 

The operatior counts down, 3...2...1... Fly. You pull the rip cord and freefall for a few seconds before the cable gets taught and you swing, zooming through the air like superman. 

First 1.5 minutes is bullshit rigging and setting up the riders. 

But yeah... Dollywood is on my list for a trip, Cedar Point and Branson Missouri to name a few.

If you get up to Cedar Point we will have to hook up for a few beers😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hardhit1 said:

My wife is part of the coaster club and has season passes. She rides in the front row with her 80 year old dad.😀

I buy season passes to Wild Adventures. They give me half off at Stone Mountain and Dollywood if I ever get there. I guess Herschend Family Entertainment owns all three attractions.

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Because it’s cancel culture, if you didn’t read the tweeter , Cancel 4th of July is top trending 

Don't have Twitter...but I guess I'll just take your word for it. I can see why others wouldn't view this as a true independence day, though. Not everyone got freedom on July 4th , 1776.

16 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ya we’re allowed sparklers and smoke bombs none of that good stuff

im trying to find something like this...

Even though I think that was a surface to air missle 

Bruh Mexico 🇲🇽 is just over there 👉🏽 you can get whatever you want here

On 7/3/2018 at 9:13 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Awesome! Have fun and good luck at the tourney. 

Gonna catch my fireworks at the amusement park tomorrow night I think. 60% rain chance may come into play, but, go cart racing and roller-coasters etc., should offset the possible rain out on the fireworks. 

Yes, my old ass still does bumper cars, go carts and roller coasters. 

May even spring the cheese for the big Geronimo Skycoaster... Love living on the ragged edge. 

Related image

Your old ass!  GTFOOH.

Remember, I know you. 😄

• Haha 1