"ESPN will likely televise" DeMatha vs. Bishop Gorman

BigDrop

http://hyattsvillelife.com/dematha-football-team-victory-tour-rolls-on/ is the website for a local newspaper's report.  Near the end of it is this with one slight correction.  DeMatha also played Bishop Gorman in basketball in 2012 in a game broadcast by ESPNU:

Stags heading to the desert

DeMatha will open next season in Las Vegas at Bishop Gorman High School. The Gaels were 15-0 last year and won their eighth consecutive Class 4A Nevada state championship. Their third straight USA Today Super 25 title essentially recognizes them as three-time reigning national champions.

The two schools played each other for the first time in any sport on Jan. 14 when the Stags basketball team won 73-66 in Springfield, Mass. The DeMatha baseball team has inquired about playing in Bishop Gorman’s Desert Classic.

ESPN will likely televise the football contest. The Gaels have won 54 in a row. The Stags have won 17 straight. It should be one of the top games of 2017.

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

Dematha should stay strong.   Saw a couple kids from their FBU Maryland team.   Kid Zion Larkin is a stud.   Bunch of other really good players on that team.  

That Maryland FBU team was stacked. I am very interested to see where the RB ends up. The kid was 6'0 220lbs in the 8th grade and could barely be tackled. I believe his name was Antwain.

1 hour ago, NicholasMalibu said:

That Maryland FBU team was stacked. I am very interested to see where the RB ends up. The kid was 6'0 220lbs in the 8th grade and could barely be tackled. I believe his name was Antwain.

The RB was awesome, but it was more I'm just bigger than you type thing.   He will make one hell of a Dlineman one day probably though.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

FBU puts together a national tournament for 8th grade all star teams. Team Maryland won the championship. 

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

?

Basically pits all star teams from different regions by grade.   Maryland's 8th grade beat some very solid teams and had some impressive athletes.    Now we gotta see which DMV high school team gets those players.   My bet is we see a bunch of them on st. johns and Dematha soon.

Props to Gorman for their schedule. DeMatha and Mater Dei in back-to-back weeks is no joke. Plus DLS will actually resemble DLS next year. I know that Gorman's league games and playoffs are a farce. But if they run the table there can be no debate about who is #1 based on who they would have beaten in nonleague. And please nobody say 'what about IMG?'

• Like 2