PrepGridiron Varsity Board Guidelines
PrepGridiron.com is run and moderated by people who share the same passion for discussing high school football as its members. We enjoy the opportunity to discuss high school football with members from all over the country with different perspectives and opinions. We understand, however, that different temperaments and viewpoints amongst members can create contentious discussions. In order to provide guidelines for which to moderate and to establish clear boundaries for its members, PrepGridiron.com has established the following rules when posting on the Varsity Board.
Before we begin, understand that we ask members to use common sense and the tools available through the site, including, the “Ignore” and “Report Post” features. Moderation should be used as a last resort after member self-governing measures have been exhausted.
As a general rule, most of these Guidelines are geared towards just improving the state of the website through smart tips. Some of these Guidelines are more prohibitive, however, and they function as rules.
- No trolling. Don't make posts that are inflammatory just to get people riled up. Substance is the key to not being labeled a troll.
- Attack the message, not the messenger. Criticize ideas, not people. Flaming will not be tolerated.
- No member is allowed to engage in public personal attacks on any other member.
- Personal attacks are defined as personal, racial, ethnic, and/or gender based insults, slurs, or derisive comments.
- All complaints need to be communicated privately using either personal messages, "Report Post" feature, “Contact” and/or email.
- In the event of a complaint, the moderator will evaluate the complaint against these rules. If the moderator finds the post(s) violates these rules, the offending post(s) will be edited or removed and the offending member warned/notified. An offending member shall receive no more than two (2) private warnings via personal messages and/or email, and one final Administrative warning.
- If the efforts above are not successful to deter the behavior, the member will be banned for a week, and upon a repeat incident, banned permanently.
- All we want is a little community kindness and no attacks. If we all work together to accomplish this, pointed football discussion can occur.
- No pornographic, sexually offensive, sexually explicit, or objectifying material. Simple rule; follow it. Administrator's judgment applies here. Sexually suggestive images will be heavily scrutinized. We'd like for our readers to be able to visit the site at work without fear of retribution.
- Do not post links or requests for warez.
- If you post something off-topic, please have the courtesy to note it in the thread title with “OT” or “Off-Topic”.
- Respect the privacy of others. Do not post other's phone numbers, addresses, pictures, etc., without their permission.
- Do not place foul language in thread subjects.
- Restrict the use of excessive foul language in your posts. Remember, “swearing is a weak mind expressing itself”. Strive to find alternative words to relay your message.
- And of course, NO SPAMMING. No commercial-oriented posts, and no flooding with useless content.
In conclusion, these Guidelines are fluid. Not making every concern a hard and fast rule means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results will speak for themselves.
Bottom line: we always give warnings (with the exception of unacceptable posts-sometimes we need to work fast), but we don't necessarily give them more than twice to the same person. If you are disrupting the community, we will take action.
The PrepGridiron.com Team