Around the Horn

Mjd33

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Don't get an idiot. 

Fake news. 

Not fake news.

in the book “no longer separate, not yet equal: race and class in elite college admission and campus life” by authors Thomas epinahade and Alexandria Radford” .... written in 2009 btw so not sure about your AA has ended theory.

they say verbatim .... 

“A black student when an otherwise similar application to a white student  receives the  equivalent of a 310 point bump in SAT scores.”

i have the book. Read it. I’ll bookmark the page and send it to you.

pm me your address.

6 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Not fake news.

in the book “no longer separate, not yet equal: race and class in elite college admission and campus life” by authors Thomas epinahade and Alexandria Radford” .... written in 2009 btw so not sure about your AA has ended theory.

they say verbatim .... 

“A black student when an otherwise similar application to a white student  receives the  equivalent of a 310 point bump in SAT scores.”

i have the book. Read it. I’ll bookmark the page and send it to you.

pm me your address.

An opinion book? Riiiiight

Link me to this online. It would be public record. Show me. 

3 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

An opinion book? Riiiiight

Link me to this online. It would be public record. Show me. 

Google the fucking book lazy ass. 

I could tell you the sky is blue you’d fight me over it.

I can  assure AA is alive and well at top universities & Asians are actually the ones hurt most by it..... not whites. 

8 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Google the fucking book lazy ass. 

I could tell you the sky is blue you’d fight me over it.

I can  assure AA is alive and well at top universities & Asians are actually the ones hurt most by it..... not whites. 

Affirmative action is dead. 

Now there might be other systems with a similar intent in mine used at universities. I can't speak to that. But no such thing exists in the job world. 

9 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

But no such thing exists in the job world. 

Guess you didn’t hear about the google memo that leaked? A particular dept was told not to promote or hire any white people. 

Know any people in the navy currently? I do .... ask them whos being promoted. Not whites who are qualified. 

How about a particular airline being attacked for not enough diversity/women on the executive board? 

Work placed scrutiny forced uber to hire two women execs.

want me to continue ? 

Whats the Rooney rule in the nfl supposed to do? 

Stick your head Back in the sand.

Just now, Mjd33 said:

Guess you didn’t hear about the google memo that leaked? A particular dept was told not to promote or hire any white people. 

Know any people in the navy currently? I do .... ask them whos being promoted. Not whites who are qualified. 

How about a particular airline being attacked for not enough diversity/women on the executive board? 

Work placed scrutiny forced uber to hire two women execs.

want me to continue ? 

Whats the Rooney rule in the nfl supposed to do? 

Stick your head Back in the sand.

Fake news. 

Even with some of those lame programs, blacks and other minorities are not being selected over other qualified candidates. 

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Fake news. 

Even with some of those lame programs, blacks and other minorities are not being selected over other qualified candidates. 

I tell you About the 310 SAT score bump for blacks. 

You tell me it’s fake news.

I cite the book source.... two authors who did years of research btw ....  and you immediately dismiss it. 

How are we supposed to have a cordial dialogue if you are so quick to dismiss scholars conclusions after years of research? 

And you never told when affirmative action ended in this country ?