Texas Playoff News Round 3 and Score updates

DevilDog

My state is a large area of land and can make keeping up with all the football hard. I recently did a area playoff schedule for my fellow Texans.  So I thought it would be neat to do a feature of Texas news concerning the current playoffs. I will do this by class. 

1st up Class 6A News

West Brook head coach Kevin Flanigan has been placed on administrative leave and will miss the Bruins' third round playoff game against Houston Westfield on Saturday, according to a statement by Beaumont ISD to The Enterprise on Friday night.
According to the statement, Flanigan was involved in an "administrative incident" this week which is currently "under investigation." The fourth-year head coach will remain on leave until the investigation has been concluded.

Katy vs. North Shore  Did a coaching decision cause them to lose as well as standout RB who missed this one? Big ups to the JAWJAA guys keeping this one updated:  

He could've opted for the game-tying field goal and potentially force overtime. But having the ball at the 1-yard line with a chance to score against this North Shore defense feels like a breakthrough alone.
Opponents probably feel the same way whenever they have a chance to score against Katy (10-3). Plus, Katy didn't build its legacy by playing it safe.
"I just felt like you get up on them, it would make them have to score a touchdown to beat us," Joseph said. "They'd have to drive the ball. We did pretty well all game long. We just didn't get it when we had to have it."
North Shore's Jacoby Allen made sure of that. He met Katy's Josh Oglesby – replacing injured sophomore sensation Deondrick Glass - for a 1-yard loss and turnover on downs.

you can see the goal line stop here on this link

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2016/11/25/galena-park-north-shore-knocks-katy-battle-defending-state-champs

Desoto comes back from 10 down with 3:17 left and pull off the improbable with Shawn Robinson dealing down the stretch. 

Kid is a baller. 

National Player of the Year finalist Shawn Robinson scored on a 13-yard run with 49 seconds left to lift No. 4 DeSoto (Texas) to an improbable 49-45 playoff  win over Abilene (Texas) on Friday night.

The victory helped DeSoto survive the third round of the Texas Class 6A Division II playoffs and advance for a matchup with rival Cedar Hill next week.

Down 24-7 early, DeSoto rallied to pull within 38-35 but Peyton Killam scored on a 5-yard run with 3:17 left to seemingly give Abilene the game.  

With just one timeout left, Robinson completed a 55-yard TD bomb to Laviska Shenault to close to 45-42 with 2:15 left. 

Abilene's Wes Berry recovered the ensuing onside kick and with no timeouts, DeSoto (13-0) looked to be on the verge of elimination.

But Abilene (11-2) fumbled and Kolby Watts recovered, setting up Robinson's 13-yard game-winning scamper. 

Robinson finished with 341 yards passing and three scores and 119 yards rushing and his game-winner.

• Like 1

Class 5A Aledo Bobcats Just doing what they do. 

Last year, Aledo shut out Abilene Cooper 33-0 in the regional round a day after Thanksgiving.

Playing the same team, in the same round, on the same day a year later, the Bearcats surpassed their score by halftime on Friday.

Aledo scored five touchdowns on seven first-half possessions to defeat Cooper 56-35 in the Class 5A Division II regional round at Shotwell Stadium.

“We get to play another week,” Aledo coach Steve Wood said. “It wasn’t pretty, but we won that football game and we’re going to enjoy it.”

The Bearcats (13-0) advance to the state quarterfinals for the 13th time in 15 years. They will play at 9 p.m. Friday at AT&T Stadium against the winner of Saturday’s 3 p.m. game between Lubbock Cooper and Saginaw Boswell in Wichita Falls.

“I’ve been on the very complete opposite end of this before and I haven’t forgotten those days,” Wood said. “There are a lot of people that would trade places with us and would love to be here.”

CLASS 4A Begins and ends with West Orange Stark and Gilmer seemingly on a collision course for state. 

WOS: 

West Orange-Stark continued its playoff dominance Friday with a 49-7 win over Bellville at Texan Drive Stadium, moving three wins away from a second consecutive state title.

WHAT STOOD OUT
After giving up an opening drive touchdown, the Mustang defense held Bellville to 115 total yards and forced the Brahmas into a season-high seven punts. West Orange-Stark has given up 21 points in its first three playoff wins.

BY THE NUMBERS
Dallas completed 12-of-18 passes for 265 yards and five touchdowns. Cooper led the Mustangs with 79 rushing yards while Justin Selby added 23. The Mustangs gained 133 yards on the ground from eight different rushers. Miller hauled in a team-high three passes for 110 yards. Briscoe finished with a game-high 81 rushing yards on 23 carries for the Brahmas.
HE SAID IT
"I knew this was going to be a tough and physical football game," West Orange-Stark coach Cornel Thompson said. "The fact that they (Bellville) scored only seven on us surprised me. I thought they would score more. But of course, that's a credit to our defense and the way they played."

GILMER 

Quarterback Aaron "Poppy" Brown set a single-season school passing yardage record Friday night as Gilmer's explosive offense outlasted Jasper 50-21 in the 4A Div. II regional playoff round at Rose Stadium.
Brown threw for 264 yards and four touchdowns, lifting his 13-game total to 4,021 yards and guiding the Buckeyes to a 532-yard night of total offense.
WHAT HAPPENED
Gilmer scored in every quarter as senior tailback Kelton Collier rushed 17 times for 195 yards. Jasper countered with 350 total yards and a 30-carry, 208-yard outing by senior fullback DeCorrian Holmes.
The Buckeyes drove for more than 40 yards on all seven of their touchdown drives. Their scoring drives covered 71, 56, 43, 74, 72, 27 and 53 yards. They ran for 268 and threw for 264 total net yards.

WHAT STOOD OUT
On the very next snap, Gilmer quarterback Brown went to work from his own end zone, displaying his accuracy.
Brown delivered a straight rope to senior receiver Desmond Jones on a post route. The play covered 46 yards to Gilmer's 47 and dramatically altered field position.
BY THE NUMBERS
Going into the Jasper game, Gilmer had compiled a record of 200 wins and 28 losses since 2000. That computes to an average of 11.67 wins each season. Gilmer lost 49-44 to Celina in last year's 4A regional playoff round.