Pretty good collection of talent tonight Lakeland vs. Lake Gibson

badrouter

Should be a packed house at Bryant Stadium tonight for Lakeland and Lake Gibson. Gibson has amassed an impressive collection of talent to go up against the Dreadnaughts. The game will feature a couple of the nation's best in the 2022 class. Both Sam McCall and Gabe Dindy will be in the running for 5* status next season.

This game involves some very odd circumstances. Lakeland was ordered shut down, completely, September 8-22, having played no games at all. No practices and of course no games. Sep. 22 was Tuesday of this week. So, the team was sidelined all the way up until Tuesday of a Friday game week. Lake Gibson, meanwhile, has been allowed to practice consistently and has played two full games, winning by an aggregate 116-6. They beat a good (regionally, not nationally) Auburndale team 34-6 despite being without their starting, college prospect, QB.

I think Gibson wins, even though I think Lakeland is two TDs better with the circumstances being equal. I think the disparity in practice and game opportunities is worth about three TDs. How valuable do you think this disparity really is?

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 9.31.30 AM.png

Lakeland wins 23-22. Sorry, but it is reasonable to conclude that, had the practice/games opportunities for the two teams been somewhat, a tiny bit, in the same stratosphere, Lakeland wins by 2-3 TDs. LG was gifted a couple of first downs on roughing the passer on 3rd and 4th down. Miscues in the punting game also gave LG the ball at the Lakeland 16 and 21 yard lines, leading to 10 points.