Sports gambling coming to NJ

HSFBfan

5 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Not the fed stopping it in Georgia.

We could have it but we are in the Bible Belt and the Good Ole Christians from the Southern Baptist Convention are like the NRA and the 2nd when it comes to gambling.

You guys would be better off allowing gambling and shutting down a lot of your fast food places. 

Would make a big difference in my opinion. 

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Fewer Georgians live in poverty than in California.

And that 5 Bdr,/3 bath does not cost 400,000.........now that's stupid.

For 400,000, you can get an estate. 40 acres with a 2 1/2 acre pond and a 5 Bdr, 3 bath

DO THE MATH

Of course they do. Ca has 40 million people. 

CA and GA are nearly equal in poverty per capita. That is extremely alarming considering the cost of living is so much less in GA.

The math is simple. Keep voting the same way. 

5 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

But we are happy and don't have the "Look Down On People Syndrome". This comment shows you don't know politics. 

Because a state is labeled a certain way do you think everyone in that state feels the same way?

Wake up son or this world is going to swallow you.

No need to take it personally. This is a discussion. 

2 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Not getting personal.

Just trying to educate you.

A smart man, given the choice I'm sure, will take the house with the amenities.

Which makes one wonder why would you pay 400,000 for a house in the desert or on a cliff in a state that shakes and moves all the time.

Seems rather stupid to me, in all actuality.

But that 400k house is likely in a top notch school district. Don't need to send the kids to private school. Kids go to college. Parks are top notch. Low crime. Beautiful scenery, trails, high quality living. Beautiful weather. City services top notch.

It is not just the house you are paying for. A lot comes with that. That is something you southerners don't understand. Sure you can get a 100k house in the south. But what is the true cost. The schools suck, the area sucks, high crime, high obesity and bad health. Hot and humid most of the year. The parks suck, etc........

37 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

But that 400k house is likely in a top notch school district. Don't need to send the kids to private school. Kids go to college. Parks are top notch. Low crime. Beautiful scenery, trails, high quality living. Beautiful weather. City services top notch.

It is not just the house you are paying for. A lot comes with that. That is something you southerners don't understand. Sure you can get a 100k house in the south. But what is the true cost. The schools suck, the area sucks, high crime, high obesity and bad health. Hot and humid most of the year. The parks suck, etc........

Not that really wanna get involved but I need to say...if you have no kids you absolutely dont care what the schools are like the parks are like etc etc. And you can say that about going anywhere

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Not that really wanna get involved but I need to say...if you have no kids you absolutely dont care what the schools are like the parks are like etc etc. And you can say that about going anywhere

Middle class America has kids. That is what dictates policy. Not single, pizza eating, random dudes that don't spend money.

53 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Middle class America has kids. That is what dictates policy. Not single, pizza eating, random dudes that don't spend money.

Plenty of middle class that dont have kids. And are moving where life for them is better. I wouldn't have a kid if I was a millionaire. Nothing on this planet can ever swing me to have a kid. 

And I also spend money :)

I think it's also ludicrous to spend what they spend near me on per student spending in school. It should make everyone angry

7 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

On pizza and internet?

Not exactly an economy mover.

Yeah I spend money for myself yeah but doesn't everyone lol. I spend alot in small businesses helping them out. Also good to spend locally. 

But going back to what you were saying lot of non kid people out there that dont have to care about the schools. The baby boomer generation is old enough now to not care about the schools 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Yeah I spend money for myself yeah but doesn't everyone lol. I spend alot in small businesses helping them out. Also good to spend locally. 

But going back to what you were saying lot of non kid people out there that dont have to care about the schools. The baby boomer generation is old enough now to not care about the schools 

The bulk of money spent is my middle class families with kids. They tend to own homes, pay property taxes, spend big on vacations, toys, etc.......

That is my point.

2 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

The bulk of money spent is my middle class families with kids. They tend to own homes, pay property taxes, spend big on vacations, toys, etc.......

That is my point.

Yes but what percentage of the population is that? That's the point I'm trying to make

5 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Tough to give exact numbers since "middle class" is subjective. Here are some #s though. It is the biggest group, according to these numbers.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Now you would have to see how many of those have kids. Or if they do their kids are not in school anymore and so on and so on

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

That is the tough part. I'd be willing to bet 75 percent of more of those DO have kids.

Anyone can guess a number. You'd actually have to back it up and yes thats the hard part. 

I cant back this up but I do believe younger people are having less and less kids. 

Just now, Sportsnut said:

All over Georgia.

Of course you will pay more than 100,000 for what you want but it is here for the taking. 

Many burbs of Atlanta cam be found with homes around 150,000 with all the amenities.

Good schools and plenty of land with low crime rates.

Here is an example at a little over 200,000

This is in my area

• ISu4vvmi3fjyce1000000000.jpg
  • r03200320220002.png?g=6243&mkt=en-us&shading=hill&lbl=l1&stl=fbr03200231331111.png?g=6243&mkt=en-us&shading=hill&lbl=l1&stl=fbr03200320220000.png?g=6243&mkt=en-us&shading=hill&lbl=l1&stl=fbr03200231331113.png?g=6243&mkt=en-us&shading=hill&lbl=l1&stl=fb

• ISizip5jwqj1le1000000000.jpg
  • ISatgdncsib4le1000000000.jpg
  • IS2ne156oa37le1000000000.jpg
  •  

12580 Simmons Rd,Hampton, GA 30228

6 beds 5 baths 4,680 sqft

FOR SALE 
$284,900
Zestimate®: $223,131

EST. MORTGAGE

$1,147/mo

Listed by:ISlaync9utykp00000000000.jpg

LAKEFRONT private EXQUISITE HOME on 1.33 acres. Quiet nghbhd on SMITH LAKE COVE. So many possibilities in this 2600 Sq Ft home plus 2000 Sg Ft in finished BASEMENT that any family situation will work. Attached 2-car garage PLUS 2-car DETACHED GARAGE. Great room with ventless gas logs. High ceiiings. Fabulous kitchen with all new upgrades. Solid surfaces. Stainless Appliances. Upstairs Bedroom and bath perfect for teenager or peaceful office. Main level MASTER SUITE with jetted tub sep More 

Facts and Features

Type

Single Family

Year Built

Heating

No Data

Cooling

No Data

Parking

No Data

Lot

1.33 acres

Days on Zillow

1 Day

Price/sqft

$61

Saves

INTERIOR FEATURES

Bedrooms
  • Beds: 6
Other Rooms
  • Kitchen/Breakfast: Breakfast Area, Breakfast Bar, Solid Surface Counters
  • Kitchen Equipment: Range/Oven, Dishwasher, Microwave - Built In, Icemaker Line, Stainless Steel Appliance
  • Rooms: Great Room, Master On Main Level, DR - Separate, Exercise Room, Split Bedroom Plan, Theater/Media Room
Heating and Cooling
  • Heating Source: Gas
  • Cooling Source: Electric
  • Cooling Type: Ceiling Fan, Central
  • Heating Type: Central

Basement
  • Basement: Entrance - Outside, Slab/None, Bath Finished, Daylight, Entrance - Inside, Finished Rooms, Full
Flooring
  • Floor size: 4,680 sqft
Other Interior Features
  • Interior: Foyer - Entrance, Cable TV Connections, Ceilings - Vaulted, Ceilings 9 Ft Plus, Double Vanity, Gas Logs, Separate Shower, Walk-in Closet, Whirlpool Bath, Rear Stairs, Recently Renovated, Tile Bath, Ceilings - Trey, Hardwood Floors, Carpet, Tile Floors

BUILDING

Size
  • Stories: 1.5 Stories
Amenities
  • Amenities: Street Lights, Lake
  • Fireplace Location: In Great/Family Room
  • Fireplace Type: Factory Built
Other Building Features
  • Laundry Location: Hall
  • Laundry Type: Room
  • Equipment: Alarm - Burglar

CONSTRUCTION

Type and Style
  • Single Family
  • Class: Single Family Detached
  • Property Type: Single Family Detached
  • Style: Other (See Remarks)
Materials
  • Construction: Aluminum/Vinyl
Dates
  • Built in 2000
Other Construction Features
  • Stories: 1

EXTERIOR FEATURES

Water
  • Water Description: Waterfront, Utility Company Control
Lot
  • Lot: 1.33 acres
  • Lot Description: Sloping, Cul De Sac, Wooded
Other Exterior Features
  • Parcel #: 05050DA008
  • Exterior: Porch, Deck/Patio, Balcony, Workshop, Fenced Yard, Sprinkler System, Other (See Remarks)
  • Roof Type: Composition

COMMUNITY AND NEIGHBORHOOD

Schools
  • Elementary school: Rivers Edge
  • Middle school: Lovejoy

PARKING

• Parking: 3 Car Or More, Auto Garage Door, Garage, Attached, Side/Rear Entrance, Detached, Storage

UTILITIES

• Water/Sewer: Public Water, Septic Tank
Green Energy
  • Energy Related: Double Pane/Thermo, Water Heater-gas, Insulation-ceiling

SOURCES

• MLS #: 8378894

OTHER

• Last sold: Jul 2000 for $256,300
  • Price/sqft: $61
  • Sale/Rent: For Sale
  • Construction Status: Resale
  • Ownership: Fee Simple

ACTIVITY ON ZILLOW

• Days on Zillow: 1
  • Views since listing: 312
  • 22 shoppers saved this home
County websiteSee data sources

Home Value

Price / Tax History

Mortgages

Price This Home

Competition for this Home

Home Expenses

Neighborhood: 30228

Nearby Schools in Hampton

Owner Dashboard

Contact Agent

Profile picture for Gloria Treadway
LISTING AGENT
Profile picture for Monica S Davis
PREMIER AGENT
Monica S Davis (2)0 Recent sales(844) 292-4203
Profile picture for Larry Downer
PREMIER AGENT
Larry Downer (6)12 Recent sales(770) 212-3246
Profile picture for Arleen Owens
PREMIER AGENT
Arleen Owens (0)5 Recent sales(615) 307-1952

Contact Agent
I want financing information

By pressing Contact Agent, you agree that Zillow Group and real estate professionals may call/text you about your inquiry, which may involve use of automated means and prerecorded/artificial voices. You don't need to consent as a condition of buying any property, goods or services. Message/data rates may apply. You also agree to our Terms of Use.

Learn how to appear as the agent above

Similar Homes for Sale

1.  FOR SALE

$275,0005 bds4.0 ba3175 sqft

12335 Edgewater Dr, Hampton, GA 30228

• 220 Days On Zillow
    12335 Edgewater Dr, Hampton, GA 30228

CONTACT AGENT

LOL c'mon. Stop it!

8 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

They are having kids at an older age. That is a fact.

This is due to many different reasons, mainly economic.

Yes mostly in their 30s now people having kids if they are having them and yes due to economic reasons or career driven individuals.

I just cant wrap my head around having kids. Doesn't make sense