Antonio Brown......

GrecoRoman

Reminding me how weak the star rating system is in high school.  Which by the way is harder to predict than any other sport due to the fact that our game requires so many athletic attributes; functional strength, speed, agility, explosiveness etc - you typically can't be skilled at just one and make it - you will be exposed as you get to higher levels.   

To think the guy didn't have 1 offer - this is a reminder for overlooked HS kids to stay positive and keep driving.

Side note - I just read that when Brown played pee wee football his teammate was TY Hilton who by the way only had one offer to FIU lol wtf'n f

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Reminding me how weak the star rating system is in high school.  Which by the way is harder to predict than any other sport due to the fact that our game requires so many athletic attributes; functional strength, speed, agility, explosiveness etc - you typically can't be skilled at just one and make it - you will be exposed as you get to higher levels.   

To think the guy didn't have 1 offer - this is a reminder for overlooked HS kids to stay positive and keep driving.

Side note - I just read that when Brown played pee wee football his teammate was TY Hilton who by the way only had one offer to FIU lol wtf'n f

JJ watt was a walk on at Wisconsin 

Ben Roethlisberger Miami Ohio

Tony Romo eastern Illinois 

Jerry rice Mississippi valley state

Terrell Owens Chattanooga 

Phil sims morehead state 

Etc etc 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

JJ watt was a walk on at Wisconsin 

Ben Roethlisberger Miami Ohio

Tony Romo eastern Illinois 

Jerry rice Mississippi valley state

Terrell Owens Chattanooga 

Phil sims morehead state 

Etc etc 

Probably many more.  I only thought about Brown because I'm watching the steelers game and the guy is just dominant.

Having played college football and seeing the level some of those guys are on then they go the NFL and do nothing. Really makes me think about the level these guys are on who actually dominate in the NFL.  Just making it is such an accomplishment - then to dominate and look like you can toy with people at that level?  SMH

• Like 1

Just now, GrecoRoman said:

Probably many more.  I only thought about Brown because I'm watching the steelers game and the guy is just dominant.

Having played college football and seeing the level some of those guys are on then they go the NFL and do nothing. Really makes me think about the level these guys are on who actually dominate in the NFL.  Just making it is such an accomplishment - then to dominate and look like you can toy with people at that level?  SMH

It's a whole different level but when your overlooked it gives you that extra chip on your shoulder and for some guys its keeps that fire burning and they dominate the game. 

• Like 1