Fort Myers 6A (6-1) 
Western 8A (5-1)
Lincoln 7A  (4-2)
Braden River 7A  (5-2)
Pinellas Park 7A  (6-0)

Tier 1

Miami Carol City, Miami Central, St Thomas Aquinas

Tier 2

American Heritage Plantation, Lakeland, Atlantic Delray, Trinity Christian, Columbus, Columbia, Dwyer, South Dade, Cardinal Gibbons, Tampa Bay Tech, Deerfield Beach

Tier 3

University School, Vanguard, Armwood, Wekiva, Raines, Jesuit, Venice, Chaminade Madonna, Plantation, Godby, Osceola, Sanford Seminole, Plant, Rockledge, Jones, Vero Beach, Clearwater Central Catholic, Robert E. Lee, Palm Beach Central

Tier 4

Flagler Palm Coast, Apopka, Miami Southridge, Miami Northwestern, Cocoa, Edgewater, Deland, Miami Booker T Washington, Winter Park, Pahokee, Mandarin, Miami Palmetto, Madison County

. Tier 5

Dillard, West Orange, Fletcher, Charlotte, Escambia, Menendez, American Heritage Delray, Oakleaf, Naples, Fort Myers, Western, Lincoln, Braden River, Pinellas Park

14 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I'd love to see Clearwater Central Catholic play MNW, BTW, Southridge, or even Cocoa.    They'd get worked. 

Teams adjust week to week but using that logic you could say that there are maybe 3 teams north of Palm Beach county worthy of being ranked because the South Florida counties are more talented 

Yeah records don't determine how good a team is in every case and even with tiers there could be upsets (West Orange beating Wekiva, First Coast beating Baker County, ect) however not in every case will a team be ranked above another because of head to head,  in fact it would be impossible 

Wekiva beat Jones 

West Orange beat wekiva

Jones beat West Orange 

All those results conflict with each other and there is no possible way to actually apply head to head results without conflicting the data

And maybe those teams could beat CCC but I'm not going to ignore someone who is 7-0

MNW may be able to defeat Trinity Christian but does that mean a 3 loss MNW should be top 10 in FL? 

24 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Didn't Southridge (tier 4) just smoke Rockledge (tier 3) at their place like a couple weeks ago?   Tiers ain't about records.   

What i do for tiers is i take the final top 60 of my poll then split it,  this is done to maintain consistent movement with all my rankings and to potentially test accuracy 

If any of the rankings look off then odds are all of them are

29 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Teams adjust week to week but using that logic you could say that there are maybe 3 teams north of Palm Beach county worthy of being ranked because the South Florida counties are more talented 

Yeah records don't determine how good a team is in every case and even with tiers there could be upsets (West Orange beating Wekiva, First Coast beating Baker County, ect) however not in every case will a team be ranked above another because of head to head,  in fact it would be impossible 

Wekiva beat Jones 

West Orange beat wekiva

Jones beat West Orange 

All those results conflict with each other and there is no possible way to actually apply head to head results without conflicting the data

And maybe those teams could beat CCC but I'm not going to ignore someone who is 7-0

MNW may be able to defeat Trinity Christian but does that mean a 3 loss MNW should be top 10 in FL? 

I hear you but comparing Jones to Wekiva or West Orange is different than comparing a team like Clearwater Central Catholic to a team like Miami Southridge.  Anyways, I thought you were doing tiers like in the other thread and if that was the case CCC is off, but I get it if it's just the rankings. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I hear you but comparing Jones to Wekiva or West Orange is different than comparing a team like Clearwater Central Catholic to a team like Miami Southridge.  Anyways, I thought you were doing tiers like in the other thread and if that was the case CCC is off, but I get it if it's just the rankings. 

I'll say it this way

If the tiers look off then the rankings are probably off as well because i basically just take top 60 from the rankings then split into tiers 

But I'll definitely look to adjust in coming weeks 

11 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

I'll say it this way

If the tiers look off then the rankings are probably off as well because i basically just take top 60 from the rankings then split into tiers 

But I'll definitely look to adjust in coming weeks 

Yeah but you have to take Ls into account for rankings.   So Southridge obviously is going to be ranked below teams it would probably beat.  It is what it is.   

• Like 1