Visited the House of Terror in Budapest

Bormio

Used by both the Arrow Cross (Nazis) and the Communists as a prison/torture faculty and place of trial and execution.  Right smack on Andrassy Avenue - the 5th Avenue of Budapest.  Those who throw around terms like Nazis, Fascists, Communists in relation to American politics today need to come to Budapest for a lesson on what those terms really mean.

• Like 1

Budapest is a great city.  So many young Hungarians enjoying life fully - the first generation who has known nothing but freedom.  It was the Americans confronting the Soviets that kept hope alive here and made this possible.  In a city littered with statues, it is entirely appropriate there is one of Ronald Reagan.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bormio said:

Used by both the Arrow Cross (Nazis) and the Communists as a prison/torture faculty and place of trial and execution.  Right smack on Andrassy Avenue - the 5th Avenue of Budapest.  Those who throw around terms like Nazis, Fascists, Communists in relation to American politics today need to come to Budapest for a lesson on what those terms really mean.

I agree. I visited the Documentation Center when in Nuremburg Germany. It was sad, very sad. Last night I had dinner with a friends father, a 90 year old Dutchman that lived it first hand. Things he told me made me feel guilty for having it so good in America today.  

We are nothing like what was going on then.

• Like 1