Thomasville/Colquitt - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Rufus69

Well...it's over.  Colquitt's 2nd game is in the books.  The short version is...we looked a tad better than we did in the Benz.  Reading between the lines for the gurus....we ain't there yet.  Here's a short synopsis of last night.

The Good -  Colquitt's skill players are GOOD.  And they're fast.  Best bunch of WRs we've had in YEARS.  Our RBs are also top notch.  Giv'em a crease...then giv'em SIX.  Colquitt's young FG and Xtra point kicker is the bomb.  And just for additional fun...he can put it out of the end zone when he kicks off.  Our QB1 is starting to play within himself.  Doing what he needs to do.  Not trying to do it all.  Add to that...No.4 showed some toughness last night.  He did have a bit of clock issues...but I'm pretty satisfied how he's running the team.

The Bad - I don't know how to put this delicately...so here goes.  We got our first cringe worthy moment provided by the old..."hut, hut, hut; timeout" that used to drive us CRAZY when Cokely was here.  it's completely bush league.  Nobody gets fooled.  It only makes us look like Ned and his first reader.  And when Ms. Violet asks..."what is this shi(f)t" when we're lining up to kick extra points...and YES she did put the "f" in there....you gotta know that something likes out of kilter for Packer football.  Line your guys up and KICK the frigging football.  

The Ugly - I've never seen so many yeller flags in my life.  And several of them were for holding AFTER the RB had blown by the defender.  One O-Line guy...got called twice in one series...and on the 2nd one...he decided to question the white hats mother's character...which added 15 more yards.  That along with the false starts made me wanna cry.  I will say this game almost got out of control.  Thomasville was kind of chippy when they got big time behind...which translated into our guys pretty saying...that "merde" ain't going unchallenged.  And here come MORE yeller flags.  The running clock helped get things over with sooner...so there's the silver lining.

so next week...we go to Bazemore-Hyder to take on the Cats.  Valdosta has their best team in probably 15 years.  Little Rod at QB1 is a stud.  If they don't beat us this year...they won't beat us in a WHILE.  We're gonna hafta take our "A" game...if we have one.  We ain't shown we do....YET.  I think it's gonna come down to who wants it more.  And injuries.  One thing I will say with confidence...Death Valley will be PACKED...pun intended.

(Smile)

Rufus>>