Analyze these two HS Qbs...who would you take?

954gator

Ok, so Florida is in the mix for these two excellent qbs.  Both, IMO are better than any that they've had in a bit, and both are interested.  Florida currently has one being held non committable in hopes of landing the other in a somewhat risky situation. (I'll comment on this later)

So who do you like and why?  

Also, If your second choice seemed more interested would you just go all out for him? (IE you like them both and not worth the risk).  Or do you really like one prospect more and go for him?

In this fake scenario, the guy you like most has a 70% chance to land.  The alternative is more around 90%.  So you have a very good shot with both.

Justin Fields 6-3  220
http://m.hudl.com/video/3/4530230/57cdde40842eb245284f555a

Joe Milton  6-5 220
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5316223/57ea80cc5caa592b44cd7d5d

To me it's not close, Fields is college ready today and Milton will need work to play on Saturdays IMO. Fields completed 67% were Milton was 48% in HS....those #'s don't improve when you go up a level. Fields at 224lbs ran a 4.51 and is an outstanding leader. He's grown up a ton in the last 24 months and will be IMO an outstanding college qb. He seems pretty locked at PSU but who knows anymore the way these things go.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Warrior said:

To me it's not close, Fields is college ready today and Milton will need work to play on Saturdays IMO. Fields completed 67% were Milton was 48% in HS....those #'s don't improve when you go up a level. Fields at 224lbs ran a 4.51 and is an outstanding leader. He's grown up a ton in the last 24 months and will be IMO an outstanding college qb. He seems pretty locked at PSU but who knows anymore the way these things go.

There's A LOT of chatter of us trying to flip him.    I do agree the completion percentage is a big difference.  

42 minutes ago, Warrior said:

There is a reason Fields is a 5* and got his invite to the Elite finals - he has a gun, is extremely accurate and is a really good runner. If UF can flip him it would be a big steal. 

Yeah, he's good, really good.   So is Milton lol.   He got the same elite 11 finals invite.   

On 4/22/2017 at 9:30 AM, 954gator said:

Ok, so Florida is in the mix for these two excellent qbs.  Both, IMO are better than any that they've had in a bit, and both are interested.  Florida currently has one being held non committable in hopes of landing the other in a somewhat risky situation. (I'll comment on this later)

So who do you like and why?  

Also, If your second choice seemed more interested would you just go all out for him? (IE you like them both and not worth the risk).  Or do you really like one prospect more and go for him?

In this fake scenario, the guy you like most has a 70% chance to land.  The alternative is more around 90%.  So you have a very good shot with both.

Justin Fields 6-3  220
http://m.hudl.com/video/3/4530230/57cdde40842eb245284f555a

Joe Milton  6-5 220
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5316223/57ea80cc5caa592b44cd7d5d

I would not make a decision till I spent some time with the kid and family.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, noonereal said:

so?

Isn't it about potential? 

all players are ready sophomore year (not to mention Red Shirts) ... and who is needed as a starter Freshman year? 

Yes it's absolutely about potential and Milton checks the boxes. IMO Fields is a clear leader because he is less of a risk. 

32 minutes ago, noonereal said:

so?

Isn't it about potential? 

all players are ready sophomore year (not to mention Red Shirts) ... and who is needed as a starter Freshman year? 

For Florida we need a failsafe in case Felipe Franks has issues.  The earlier the kid can play the better IMO.  I truthfully think UF is looking to run heavy read option style offense.   That's what I've been hearing.  Obviously Fields is the faster shiftier runner.  Milton I think runs a 4.8 or so, Fields is legit 4.5.   

I would be ecstatic with either of these guys though.