Univ of Missouri requires students to download a tracking app

Bormio

9 minutes ago, Bormio said:

... to curb truancy.  WTF???  One school I would never go to.  When I went to college, going to class was on you.  If you flunked, so be it - the school could care less.  I guess it is assumed people are children until they are 30 - or older.

If it's a state school there is probably an attendance policy because they get federal money. If u went to a private college like myself there is no attendance and if your fail out that's on you

Just now, HSFBfan said:

If it's a state school there is probably an attendance policy because they get federal money. If u went to a private college like myself there is no attendance and if your fail out that's on you

Take attendance in the class.  Next thing (since you can leave your phone anywhere) is they will be microchipping students.

3 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Take attendance in the class.  Next thing (since you can leave your phone anywhere) is they will be microchipping students.

Were heading that way but like I said in state schools they do take attendance in class and i guess now if u dont show up they will track ur phone and I guess track u down which is yes crazy 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Were heading that way but like I said in state schools they do take attendance in class and i guess now if u dont show up they will track ur phone and I guess track u down which is yes crazy 

Yes it is.  And what prevents them tracking you at other times?

• Like 1