Democrats speaking about Cuba in ways not heard from them since the Cuban Missile Crisis

Bormio

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

A brutal, repressive dictatorship.  There is nothing to praise.  Hmmm ... politics and amnesia go hand in hand.

I was in Cuba last Sept. The parts they let you see are nice... Hemmingway house, Art village, etc... the other parts, not so good. Gave some clothing and several pair of sneakers to a mother that was selling art. We were only allowed to take a backpack onshore. It was stuffed with things that families need. We were not supposed to give the stuff away so we let her know that if we forgot to come back for the backpack it was hers and we left it with her. Also tipped the driver a hundred and fifty dollars for giving us an off the path tour and tipped around 50% when we ate somewhere nice. Also bought lots of art.

What blew me away was the ICBM and other war machines they have on display right in the middle of their military base. I know the ICBM was defused, but still repped Russia.

• Like 1