WLW....

BigDrop

I first saw DeMatha lose to a Cincinnati team in 1980 when Gerry Faust’s Moeller rolled 34-0 at UC.  Had dinner (ribs) that night at the original Montgomery Inn a few miles away from Mo. 

The year before, 1979, I rode the front seat of the Beast at Kings Island on opening day with all of the brakes turned off.  Lunch was at Camp Washington chili. Dessert at the original Greater’s with three different chip ice creams. (There was a Greek ice cream place that was perhaps even better...)

I saw X beat DeMatha again at UC as part of a Herbstreit (When Elder ended Indy’s 109 game run) and squeezed in four ways at both Skyline and Empress. Never made it to Gold Star. LaRosa’s was in there also along with a place in Dayton that was really good but I can’t remember the name.

Did I mention that Kings Island had literal three hour lines for the Beast the year it opened?

Incredibly I always listened to 700 WLW even when Bill Cunningham started sometime in the early ‘80’s.

Of course there was no Trump then and Cincinnati was a city that I would have been proud to have called home.

Still would.  
But I would argue with my neighbors every night.

• Haha 1