Hidden meanings

dbcaptiron

Went back to the old moniker with the new computer and had to update my profile pic...

I posted this pic...in another thread when asked if I was ResidentTroll (I am BTW) and was considering using it as my profile pick.

giphy.gif.7aae19f4ec0419ad4b2f4e682ec5412f.gif

But then I thought golly gee someone might be offended here, as some sheep see hidden meanings in everything...

Apparently here in NJ this is cause for ridicule...

What do you all think of this? 

Sometimes, I wonder if you guys watch too much t.v. or follow too much news.

As an aside, I hadn't heard of any of these instances of flashing the "circle game" or O.K. gesture. The last time I even knew of a fad using that symbol was when guys were taking selfies flashing it in the "It's O.K. Talk" movement that was speaking out for depressed people to talk to someone rather than take their own life. 

So after seeing your thread I had to go read and I guess I understand that white supremacists have claimed this gesture as a secret handshake so to speak. 

Now I have to be nervous to show someone the "O.K." gesture.

Anyway, these silly folks flashing signs and gestures on the stage behind politicians and what not is pretty dumb, no matter what the guy meant with his gesture. I guess I would have to really investigate to discover the context to understand. Perhaps some background on the guy too. 

'The guy' is our new Governor Murphy's college aged SON standing with his family as his dad gets sworn in xD

Jersey finally got rid of that rascal repub Gov Christie, and at the Dem's coronation all the blockhead 1% hating idiots who voted (for this Goldman-Sachs bred Gov Corzine clone on roids) shit the bed thinking they just voted the clan family in xD.....

Ever hear the phrase 'Only in Jersey'?

I don't watch a lot of TV and pick up most of my news on the net, but the reality TV type coverage we get is pretty ridiculous.   This is the crap we get hit with 24/7, it's literally and practically 'made up' news that self-propagates.  Can't really call it 'fake news' cause it's usually based on some kernel of 'real' crap that the news just runs away with and makes up their own stories from there....

But everyone is supposed to buy into it xD 

O-KKK?

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So after seeing your thread I had to go read and I guess I understand that white supremacists have claimed this gesture as a secret handshake so to speak. 

Now I have to be nervous to show someone the "O.K." gesture.

Nah you should not have to worry to much...

It originates from 4chan (a popular website for adolescents devoted to belligerence, not the KKK) where it's been a long running farce that everything is racist.  Never heard of 'Pepe the Frog'?...been around for years as the original.

PePe.jpg.9e65dfe42d743ad57738cbd1dec3e599.jpg

Sure doesn't stop our state media from running with it....harassing police forces or anyone else, scarring and stirring the pot for clicks, and they have been at it (running the farce and not letting the public in on it) for months .....

1493490465250-1024x840.thumb.png.fe70c9d74349b4d0cd5804e37119a6eb.png

That is until this latest episode .....uh oh....the Dem governors son???

The Original headlines  and story of this was entirely different 2 days ago.  I would have posted the NJ.com story link but they keep re-overwriting it.  Headlines literally went from  'Flashes Racist Sign' to 'Makes Controversial Gesture' to 'Plays Circle Game' in 48 hours. 9_9  (wish I had screenshotted it) Of course only after the NY Times and NY Daily  News ran the "this particular instance was just a game" first....Kinda spilling the beans on the NJ media LOL

Seems like our good Gov Murph (like a true Goldman Sachs alum) still has more pull in NY than NJ.