Shout out for HSFBfan's Bro

dbcaptiron

Mentioned in another thread that HSFBfan's brother was competing against my son this weekend in NCAA DIVING.

Just wanted to give a shout out of congratulations, as he beat my son, with a solid win in the first ever meeting. (see you @ conference championships :D)

As Memorial, I created a MEME of the winning Dive:

diveIceBreaker.gif.2001176e1dafd86a56e77940338ffa03.gif

HA HA.....just kidding!....Here's his winning dive

giphy.gif

SeanPiacenteGIF.mp4

Congrats to Sean.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

Mentioned in another thread that HSFBfan's brother was competing against my son this weekend in NCAA DIVING.

Just wanted to give a shout out of congratulations, as he beat my son, with a solid win in the first ever meeting. (see you @ conference championships :D)

SeanPiacenteGIF.mp4

Congrats to Sean.

SeanPiacenteGIF.mp4

Thanks man. Your son came in 2nd and theres no shame in that. Very good diver. He will do well at Metros. I wasnt able to play the videos here at work but ill check it out when i get home. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Thanks man. Your son came in 2nd and theres no shame in that. Very good diver. He will do well at Metros. I wasnt able to play the videos here at work but ill check it out when i get home. 

He's still working on his 'ultimate spin'  dive....

I'm telling you when he busts it out for competition Sean's toast (<<heavy sarcasm xD)

JaySpin.gif.5be7677225e60d59f12c9b3611f600cb.gif

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Jay has been entered for Ithaca. I'll see you at Rutgers and ithaca

Thanks..:D

He does not even know who he's diving against next week (or even if ¬¬) ...so...

Knew he had one legit 1m Qual score, but you need 2 and have no way of knowing if other events where he qual scored were registered as 11dive...

No clue on 3M,  Thought he would need the score at Metros.  Hope your right...

Definitely see you at Rutgers ...

Just now, dbcaptiron said:

Thanks..:D

He does not even know who (or even if ¬¬)he's diving against next week ...so...

Knew he had one legit 1m Qual score, but you need 2 and have no way of knowing if other events where he qual scored were registered as 11dive...

No clue on 3M,  Thought he would need the score at Metros.  Hope your right...

Definitely see you at Rutgers ...

If you qualify on 1 board you qualify on both. The coach already entered him for Ithaca so it seems like he's going. 

Just a chuckle, but your favorite 'ranking service' lol now shows your brother listed @5 in the conference:o.....

...  on 3 meter yet xD

giphy.gif

Your brother is the clear favorite in 2 weeks @championships by my eye ..but we should know for sure soon...

As I said (last summer LOL) It will be him, J, and GMM come championships....Your brother goes H2H with GMM in a few days so......you want my handicap projection on that one having already seen him? xD

20 hours ago, dbcaptiron said:

giphy.gif

SeanPiacenteGIF.mp4

Congrats to Sean.

i thought i told you to get your son into a real sport like girls soccer! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

i thought i told you to get your son into a real sport like girls soccer! 

Have a daughter as well...been there too xD

Maybe why I have never said a thing about it.  Other than maybe noting that around here, there's more blown up knees with the kids from soccer that from any other sport (including hocky)...so 'tough' can be relative..

29 minutes ago, noonereal said:

get your son into a real sport.... 

Actually a decent topic :)

Quick question...Can you name the 'OG' as in 'Original' Extreme Sport? xD  

Extra credit: What do you think is a strong base for most other extreme sports? xDxD

Now I have to figure that since I/we were 'jumping off cliffs' all day for fun at his age (ski/surf/etc.) and as he wrestled for a decade  before crossing over, I don't really feel any insecurity about my 'man card' as you might from 'girls soccer'.

But if you have a daughter and she manages to do ANY sport, that ribbing seems fairly impotent as well...  

4 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

Actually a decent topic :)

Quick question...Can you name the 'OG' as in 'Original' Extreme Sport? xD  

Extra credit: What do you think is a strong base for most other extreme sports? xDxD

Now I have to figure that since I/we were 'jumping off cliffs' all day for fun at his age (ski/surf/etc.) and as he wrestled for a decade  before crossing over, I don't really feel any insecurity about my 'man card' as you might from 'girls soccer'.

But if you have a daughter and she manages to do ANY sport, that ribbing seems fairly impotent as well...  

NOONE should go do what my brother has done over the summer. He would never attempt it ever

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I was just saying lol. He wants to talk extreme LMAOOO

Funny part is most people view 'extreme sports' as in some sense crazy, or lacking sense...

But I find most of the athletes associated with them to be extremely (pun) calculated...

Probably would not survive long if they were not...

Just now, dbcaptiron said:

Funny part is most people view 'extreme sports' as in some sense crazy, or lacking sense...

But I find most of the athletes associated with them to be extremely (pun) calculated...

Probably would not survive long if they were not...

Most sports as extreme as they are are highly calculated by the athlete. Jumping off a cliff in Spain in red bull diving is nuts but the divers understand how to do it

9 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Most sports as extreme as they are are highly calculated by the athlete. Jumping off a cliff in Spain in red bull diving is nuts but the divers understand how to do it

handstand off a floating ship rigging?  Toss a few flips and twists in while your out there...xD

800px-Red_Bull_Cliff_Diving_Hamburg_2009

That's just a girl for ya! LOL

9 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

There ya go lol. Looks like fun

Article on the science of it...

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/the-science-of-red-bull-cliff-diving

Current and multiple Fina World Champ,  Steve Lebue is from New Jersey and trained under Jay's current coach. 

Cheesy video of him winning it but you get the idea...

Not ever looking forward to Jay going that big...and it's most likely coming to the Olympics soon..

1 minute ago, dbcaptiron said:

Article on the science of it...

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/the-science-of-red-bull-cliff-diving

Current and multiple Fina World Champ,  Steve Lebue is from New Jersey and trained under Jay's current coach. 

Cheesy video of him winning it but you get the idea...

Not ever looking forward to Jay going that big...and it's most likely coming to the Olympics soon..

20M is what 60 feet??? Sean I believe has been higher. Video is awesome

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

20M is what 60 feet??? Sean I believe has been higher. Video is awesome

20 is for the Women, the Men are at 27 Meter,  that's like an 8 or 9 story building....

Walk into any natatorium (1,3,5+5,7,10) and the highest you will see (think highest Olympic height) is 10.

So 2-3 times the highest Olympic seems to be the new 'bar' and what they are trying to get the Olympics to adopt. 

Not sure I agree with it for obvious reasons, but there ya go...

1 minute ago, dbcaptiron said:

20 is for the Women, the Men are at 27 Meter,  that's like an 8 or 9 story building....

Walk into any natatorium (1,3,5+5,7,10) and the highest you will see (think highest Olympic height) is 10.

So 2-3 times the highest Olympic seems to be the new 'bar' and what they are trying to get the Olympics to adopt. 

Not sure I agree with it for obvious reasons, but there ya go...

Yea they are certainly testing the limit of the human body. The amount of force you are hitting the water with is unreal. Thats insane diving from a 9 story building. The slightest misstep and your going to a hospital. Idk if the olympics should do it. Basically its red bull diving in the olympics. 

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yea they are certainly testing the limit of the human body. The amount of force you are hitting the water with is unreal. Thats insane diving from a 9 story building. The slightest misstep and your going to a hospital. Idk if the olympics should do it. Basically its red bull diving in the olympics. 

Exactly...and the potential for injury I think is a bit high for most athletes.  Most NCAA divers would hesitate to even attempt this after years of training...but I'm sure it would sell tickets...

Even the best in the world make mistakes....

. But maybe that's what they are hoping for to boost the Olympic ratings?