FLAAAAWDA and baseibol!

ORabidOne

What's the difference tween playing ball in Miami, and the REST of the state? In Miami, they had to build a deeper than usual fence, to accommodate the extra distance generated on a homer! But NORMALLY, especially in SOWEGA which is also at sea level, the player has to generate ALL of his power! 

Exhibit A was when I watched Jeff Francoeur in high school! And the crowd would go SILENT when he was announced at the lil Urge Jungle Gym at Parkview! At 1000 feet above sea level, anything but his pop ups sailed outta the park! Same with many of his teammates who hit a collective 60 homers in 27 games!(27 by him alone) But I saw him at Coffee in the playoffs, which is virtually sea level! And NOBODY on his team of so called lumber company came CLOSE to a dinger, winning 1-0 and 5-0!

Colquiutt even played at Parkview one season in the playoffs, and our light hitting team(sixteen homers on the season) hit SIX in the three game series! Our catcher, Will Stuckey, hit a ball down the LF line for an apparent out! He slung his bat down in disgust, as he thought that he had JUST MISSED a dinger! And as he reached first base, he watched the ball float outta the park! 

THAT being said, one of my good friends and big time Parkview supporters, gave me a book on baseibol flight, to splain to me that Frenchy WAS legit! But I ain't buying it! He was mortal everywhere but Parkview, and other high elevation schools in metro, INCLUDING MLB, which I predicted before he forfeited his chance to play DB in football at Clemson!

They didn't call Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium, the LAUNCHING PAD, fer NUTTIN! What say YOU?