What is wrong with the West Coast offense?

Big Hairy Man

3 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

For the West coast and South.....not too much.

In most of the Midwest and Northeast, the weather in the playoffs make it much harder to win with that style of offense

What have the average temps and weather conditions been in the playoffs?  Don't the playoffs wrap up in early dec before the snow comes?  How many years has it snowed in the playoffs over the past 5 years?

If its just cold, you can still run the offense.

I honestly don't know how bad the weather is in Ohio in late Nov. early Dec.

13 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

What have the average temps and weather conditions been in the playoffs?  Don't the playoffs wrap up in early dec before the snow comes?  How many years has it snowed in the playoffs over the past 5 years?

If its just cold, you can still run the offense.

I honestly don't know how bad the weather is in Ohio in late Nov. early Dec.

The first round of the playoffs is usually okay ~ 30-40°........2nd round on it really starts to drop fast ~ 9 - 30° avg........ snow is common from 2nd round on.....many of the championship games have been played in the snow.

You can't run a West coast pass heavy offense against quality defenses in the snow or very cold weather and have much success.

The coldest game I've been to was regional final Colerain vs Moeller in the 3rd round 2013.....it was 9° and snowing......it was hard to even think in the the cold, let alone try and play football. It was just handoffs pretty much or QB runs the entire game.

An average playoff game is around 20-30°.

7 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

The first round of the playoffs is usually okay ~ 30-40°........2nd round on it really starts to drop fast ~ 9 - 30° avg........ snow is common from 2nd round on.....many of the championship games have been played in the snow.

You can't run a West coast pass heavy offense against quality defenses in the snow or very cold weather and have much success.

The coldest game I've been to was regional final Colerain vs Moeller in the 3rd round 2013.....it was 9° and snowing......it was hard to even think in the the cold, let alone try and play football. It was just handoffs pretty much or QB runs the entire game.

An average playoff game is around 20-30°.

Yep  Once it gets under 50 then its smash mouth football time.  The ball dies like a dead duck on any pass of medium to long distance

• Like 1