Another horrible move by NJ leadership

HSFBfan

Phil Murphy signs individual mandate for health insurance for the state of NJ. Even the NJ acknowledges that this is a horrible move. Why cant dems get their head around the concept that the individual mandate of health insurance is horrible 

http://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/392070-new-jerseys-disastrous-decision-to-resurrect-obamacares-individual-mandate?amp

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Phil Murphy signs individual mandate for health insurance for the state of NJ. Even the NJ acknowledges that this is a horrible move. Why cant dems get their head around the concept that the individual mandate of health insurance is horrible 

http://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/392070-new-jerseys-disastrous-decision-to-resurrect-obamacares-individual-mandate?amp

I disagree.  

The ACA had a lot of bad parts to it.  But I fail to see how to maintain a private insurance market without a mandate to enlarge the risk pool.  If anything, the penalties were not harsh enough; at the same time the “minimum requirements” put in place by the Obama administration and phasing out of “catastrophic plans” (like I had in law school when I was young and healthy and which served its purpose the one time I really needed it) made it too expensive for people who wanted to otherwise have insurance.

Consumers were caught between a rock and a hard place.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

I disagree.  

The ACA had a lot of bad parts to it.  But I fail to see how to maintain a private insurance market without a mandate to enlarge the risk pool.  If anything, the penalties were not harsh enough; at the same time the “minimum requirements” put in place by the Obama administration and phasing out of “catastrophic plans” (like I had in law school when I was young and healthy and which served its purpose the one time I really needed it) made it too expensive for people who wanted to otherwise have insurance.

Consumers were caught between a rock and a hard place.

I disagree with you. Penalties were significant. It was just an awful bill. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Hardcore Troubador said:

Can we agree that we’d like to punch Phil Murphy in the face and wash that stupid grin off it once and for all?

NJ is going to hell and he’s playing “happy warrior” while it burns down around him.  He’s like a less sadistic version of Nero.

Your population keeps voting in morons. Menendez is an asshole and yet voters will put him back in. Murphy is an ass and yet people voted him in. Only good thing hell do and already did was legalize sport betting which I am going to take advantage of this weekend. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Your population keeps voting in morons. Menendez is an asshole and yet voters will put him back in. Murphy is an ass and yet people voted him in. Only good thing hell do and already did was legalize sport betting which I am going to take advantage of this weekend. 

NJ thanks you for your tax dollars.

Don’t blame me I voted for Guadagno!

14 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Because it is a good thing. NOBODY should have to pay for OTHERS because they didn't want to buy insurance but are still required to be treated by law.

This is why insurance premiums are so high. People like me are subsiding those who refuse to buy or can't afford to buy insurance.

It should be mandatory just like auto and home insurance.

• Like 1

Just now, Sportsnut said:

Call it what you want.

This has been the way since I have been alive. 

You pay in and when you get old, you collect enough for you to exist.

Healthcare, housing, transportation for those incapable of making appointments, wellness checks.

All of these are what it takes to allow the elderly to survive.

Should be no problem.

They take it before you see it so you don't miss it and if you do you know exactly where it is going. 

Problem is, we are taxed to the hilt.

In order to cover, we want to dip into that, which we have labeled "Entitlements".

Now a bad word.

Why?

I get what you are saying, but we are expected to pay thousands of dollars in premiums so that retirees can be insured? They didn't pay that kind of money when they were working age.

Why not a single payer system for all? Wipe out the retiree stuff, raise taxes a bit for all, and provide free basic health insurance to all with the OPTION to purchase private health insurance.

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

It is not the same time as it was.

That is a concept many are missing to day.

If everyone did exactly like I said, there would be no problem.

None.

The situation we are in is due to laws and taxes.

The inability of our elected officials to work for the common good is troubling to our lives today. 

So why can't we fix it?

2 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Too many people feeling too many different ways. 

There used to be right and wrong.

Now there are all kind of in-between's.

Normal is no longer normal if it ever existed in the first place.

Times change but we must allow some things to remain if they are working. 

For instance, did you know the basis for changing from Obama care was the result of pressure from 47 counties of the over 4,000 in the United States.?

That's right.....47 counties that suffered from a loss of insurers in their county.

That was the rally cry for the Republicans.

Skyrocketing premiums?.....not relevant in  Georgia, neither was there a lack of insures.

Doe it matter? Yes

We did not have the issue.

47 counties.

That is because you are a largely rural, unpopulated state, that isn't representative of the US.

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Because it is a good thing. NOBODY should have to pay for OTHERS because they didn't want to buy insurance but are still required to be treated by law.

This is why insurance premiums are so high. People like me are subsiding those who refuse to buy or can't afford to buy insurance.

It should be mandatory just like auto and home insurance.

We tried mandatory people said fuck it because at the end of the day people are gonna get treated at the hospital and they are not gonna pay. Stop treating those that have no insurance and you'll set a bigger example 

13 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

We tried mandatory people said fuck it because at the end of the day people are gonna get treated at the hospital and they are not gonna pay. Stop treating those that have no insurance and you'll set a bigger example 

Nobody does that in the entire world. That is not realistic, not even for 3rd world counties.

Everyone pays in- everyone gets care. Simple. NOT some people pay in and everyone gets treated or collects.

4 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Nobody does that in the entire world. That is not realistic, not even for 3rd world counties.

Everyone pays in- everyone gets care. Simple. NOT some people pay in and everyone gets treated or collects.

Dude have you been to a hospital....I know for a fact there are people that are treated in our hospitals and dont pay. The bill goes right to collections. Happens everyday in this country. You wouldn't sell a car to someone with no insurance right. Same thing. You cant help people that have no way of paying. Hospitals have to eat big money

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Dude have you been to a hospital....I know for a fact there are people that are treated in our hospitals and dont pay. The bill goes right to collections. Happens everyday in this country. You wouldn't sell a car to someone with no insurance right. Same thing. You cant help people that have no way of paying. Hospitals have to eat big money

I understand that. They have to be treated by law. Even 3rd world countries treat those that can't pay.

What I am saying is this- adopt a system where EVERYONE pays into. And EVERYONE gets free care. Raise a tax, lower a tax, I could care less.

This needs to happen. Insurance companies making BILLIONS doesn't need to take precedence over the health and financial security of our country. The way we are doing it now is literally bankrupting us.

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I understand that. They have to be treated by law. Even 3rd world countries treat those that can't pay.

What I am saying is this- adopt a system where EVERYONE pays into. And EVERYONE gets free care. Raise a tax, lower a tax, I could care less.

This needs to happen. Insurance companies making BILLIONS doesn't need to take precedence over the health and financial security of our country. The way we are doing it now is literally bankrupting us.

Yes companies are allowed to make profits. We as a country cant tell companies what their profit margins should be. Everyone is not gonna pay into it. I agree they should and tax all the tourists when they go to dinner and such thats what they do in canada. Just taxing the tourists will bring in millions. I disagree with the law is what I'm saying and always have

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes companies are allowed to make profits. We as a country cant tell companies what their profit margins should be. Everyone is not gonna pay into it. I agree they should and tax all the tourists when they go to dinner and such thats what they do in canada. Just taxing the tourists will bring in millions. I disagree with the law is what I'm saying and always have

Companies are allowed to make profits, but NOT at the expense of bankrupting the very country and people that are responsible for it's existence.

Single payer system. Optional purchase of private health care- That is the answer.

American citizens are not concerned with the profits of healthcare companies.

4 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Companies are allowed to make profits, but NOT at the expense of bankrupting the very country and people that are responsible for it's existence.

Single payer system. Optional purchase of private health care- That is the answer.

American citizens are not concerned with the profits of healthcare companies.

I personally dont want government in my life. They are not supposed to be in our lives. So I dont qant them dictating everything thru a single payer system

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I personally dont want government in my life. They are not supposed to be in our lives. So I dont qant them dictating everything thru a single payer system

They dictate everything already. Just raised interest rates today. That dictates almost everything economically.

That shouldn't be an excuse for being the ONLY 1st world country on earth NOT to provide health care for all. Embarrassing.

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

They dictate everything already. Just raised interest rates today. That dictates almost everything economically.

That shouldn't be an excuse for being the ONLY 1st world country on earth NOT to provide health care for all. Embarrassing.

They always raise interest rates. Happens 3-5x a year. Like I said get our population down to 40-60 million people like other countries your talking about and maybe we can try it...so that would mean we need to get rid of about 180 million people. How do we do that so we can start single payer 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

They always raise interest rates. Happens 3-5x a year. Like I said get our population down to 40-60 million people like other countries your talking about and maybe we can try it...so that would mean we need to get rid of about 180 million people. How do we do that so we can start single payer 

Doesn't make any sense how big you are. If you are paying taxes and your government allocates accordingly, you can have free health care just like everyone else.

To say it won't work here is just a cop out that the health insurance companies and Republicans have pushed so they can continue raking in billions.

If you want to leave, take NY and NJ with you. We will all wave good bye to you. The US will be a better place.