Don Bosco Prep article

Zipcep

There was a post this morning and now its gone

https://www.nj.com/hssn-mms/2018/08/everything_to_know_about_don_b.html

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-2573613043459822514/after-2-8-season-don-bosco-prep-football-vying-for-return-to-prominence/

My main concern is the amount of underclassmen on the squad. I believe only 8 seniors are starters.

#someonelefthecupboardbare

18 minutes ago, Zipcep said:

There was a post this morning and now its gone

https://www.nj.com/hssn-mms/2018/08/everything_to_know_about_don_b.html

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-2573613043459822514/after-2-8-season-don-bosco-prep-football-vying-for-return-to-prominence/

My main concern is the amount of underclassmen on the squad. I believe only 8 seniors are starters.

#someonelefthecupboardbare

the way it reads to me is that the main concern that everyone had about Bosco seems to be correct and that both lines are vulnerable. Unless you Bosco boys know something I don't it would seem that it is safe to say that Bosco could very well be overmatched in the trenches on both sides of the ball by SJR,SPP and BC. 

Just now, Kingwill said:

Beat Byrnes at home ... say 5-4 regular season but with jr Laden team next yr they could be there year..

could be but I want to ask you guys this, is it me or do you men get the sense that the talent situation has shifted ever so slightly in the BNU? My sense is that there is a slight gap beginning to open up in favor of BC,SPP & SJR compared to DBP,PC & DPC. Yes I know that things can change in a hurry with 1 good class but some consistency seems to be building in this direction.

10 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

look at this point everything is speculative but my thinking is is that they are going to look to rely on JB and if they are outmuscled in the trenches it could turn into a tough slog for him. 

They are young, but I call them fireplugs. All 6'1"/6'2" and 270 - 290 lbs, no 6'4" 300lbs+ monsters....but they held their own against some large Dlineman at Beth. Catholic

Just now, Zipcep said:

They are young, but I call them fireplugs. All 6'1"/6'2" and 270 - 290 lbs, no 6'4" 300lbs+ monsters....but they held their own against some large Dlineman at Beth. Catholic

sounds promising..like you said probably a year away until they are back in legitimate playoff competition 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

could be but I want to ask you guys this, is it me or do you men get the sense that the talent situation has shifted ever so slightly in the BNU? My sense is that there is a slight gap beginning to open up in favor of BC,SPP & SJR compared to DBP,PC & DPC. Yes I know that things can change in a hurry with 1 good class but some consistency seems to be building in this direction.

I say SJR BC are clear Best  In TriState. And Both those teams  will %100  have their seasons depend on How Their QB Plays .. Boel or Alaimo will decide who is G4 champ

But don’t forget wild card St Peters 

They got these monster freak athletes 

if if they can click don’t be surprised if it’s a 3 way race for 1st

1 minute ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

I say SJR BC are clear Best  In TriState. And Both those teams  will %100  have their seasons depend on How Their QB Plays .. Boel or Alaimo will decide who is G4 champ

But don’t forget wild card St Peters 

They got these monster freak athletes 

if if they can click don’t be surprised if it’s a 3 way race for 1st

exactly what I was getting at..all 3 teams not only have the horses right now but all 3 also seem to have talent laden pipelines

6 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

kinda what I'm thinking..I think they beat PC,PJ & West Orange..DePaul and Byrnes are Toss-ups 

PC is loaded! They have size and speed via their rising sophs and about 13 transfers. PC's season will come down to coaching because they are big, fast, and deep. DePaul has also retooled via a few transfers. Dont bet on walking over DePaul.  The BNU will be competitive. 

• Like 1