Went to the Everett-Mansfield game tonight

Adam Kurkjian

Everett's very, very good. Speed everywhere, good up front. Better than I expected. Everett won, 41-14.

This is what Mansfield coach Mike Redding had to say. tifwiw

These guys are like the best out-of-state teams that we’ve played. We played Calvert Hall of Maryland, St. Ed’s of Ohio, Stepinac of New York. This is what we see, like skill everywhere. And (Virginia Tech commit Mike Sainristil) is just sneaky fast. He’s so smooth, and he’s got nice little moves. But we just, typically, don’t see this collection of size and skill in Mass. on one team. This is like a Shriners Game team. But we’ve seen this, but it’s been all out-of-state private schools that recruit kids, and this is a public high school in Mass. that has got a collection of some serious athletes.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The Mansfield HC gets it. I wish he'd take the head job at Everett so they can start playing OOS games. 

I'd love to see it, too. I thought Everett lost so much that they'd be significantly down from last year, but still the best team in the state. But this team, while not as good as last year's, has speed for days. The running back, Seide, only has 1aa offers and I can't for the life of me figure out why someone like UMass doesn't throw him an offer. He's special, their best back in at least 10 years, maybe longer.

What's scary is Lewis Cine transferred to a Texas school and the QB transferred to Milton Academy.

• Like 1