ESPN 30 for 30: What Carter Lost (2017)

8 hours ago, xXZexxMooreXx said:

Who here watched "What Carter Lost"? 

Film Summary

There's high school football, and then there's Texas high school football. Oddly enough though, one of the greatest teams in state history has been lost to time... and fate. What Carter Lost, directed by Adam Hootnick for ESPN Films' 30 for 30 series, is the saga of that team, the 1988 Dallas Carter Cowboys. With 21 players who were offered college scholarships and several who went on to the NFL, Carter took on the best that Texas had to offer - including the Odessa Permian team that inspired Friday Night Lights - as well as the worst, in a racially charged state-wide dispute over one player's algebra grade and Carter's legitimacy. Somehow, Carter managed to win it all on the field, and somehow, they threw it all away. Perhaps it was the Dallas police officer and Carter fan who said it best after his actions ended a string of crimes that shocked the Carter faithful to their core: "Why would you do this?" Years later, it is a question that still has no easy answer, but through searing interviews with Carter players, coaches and family members, as well as glimpses of their lives today, this film is ultimately about what Carter found.

- ESPN

If you haven't watched it, and it's something you'd be interested in, check it out below.  If you know any other awesome stories like this from around the country, please do post as I'm interested in checking them out. 

Disclaimer:

* If you're reading this, and you go by the handle "LiberalDonaldTrump", I take no responsibility for posting this in the wrong area!  ;)

* If this is an illegal post PrepGridiron, take up all complaints with LiberalDonaldTrump, he approved this message. 

being from Oak Cliff... I probably watched this doc over 5 times...

it was excellent and told the story of 1980's Oak Cliff rather well

I hate that Cartre had their title stripped years later....