SJCvsGC

11 minutes ago, DMV said:

Battle of two nationally ranked teams... Both out of the WCAC conference on ESPN... Should be a good game

Is this game being played at Catholic University in DC? 

GC should push SJC in this game. If GC can control the game with the run, SJC may be in trouble. SJC is much faster, so if this turns into a shootout, they’ll win by 2 TD’s. SJC’s coaching staff is going to have to earn this win. GC always comes prepared. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Is this game being played at Catholic University in DC? 

GC should push SJC in this game. If GC can control the game with the run, SJC may be in trouble. SJC is much faster, so if this turns into a shootout, they’ll win by 2 TD’s. SJC’s coaching staff is going to have to earn this win. GC always comes prepared. 

Agree and yes at Catholic U 7PM 

4 minutes ago, DMV said:

Agree and yes at Catholic U 7PM 

I was told it's an 8pm start. I wonder how much of a toll the national schedule has taken on SJC...looked like 4 or 5 starters did not play vs McNamara. Should be a great game. Which team can impose their will on the other? Can SJC stop the run? Can GC stop the air attack? Can't wait for Friday night.

32 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Good Counsel did a lot better against Marietta if that means anything. 

Doubt it does...only five points better and SJC knelt on the ball at the five with almost two minutes left. GC was the road team and SJC at home so there's that but Marietta may have had some guys back for SJC (according to a Ga poster). Last year SJC won fairly easily (31-9 I think) with three long td passes. Should be much closer this year and not a shocker if GC wins. I'll say SJC wins 31-24.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WCACguy said:

I was told it's an 8pm start. I wonder how much of a toll the national schedule has taken on SJC...looked like 4 or 5 starters did not play vs McNamara. Should be a great game. Which team can impose their will on the other? Can SJC stop the run? Can GC stop the air attack? Can't wait for Friday night.

Moved back to 7PM

3 hours ago, WCACguy said:

Doubt it does...only five points better and SJC knelt on the ball at the five with almost two minutes left. GC was the road team and SJC at home so there's that but Marietta may have had some guys back for SJC (according to a Ga poster). Last year SJC won fairly easily (31-9 I think) with three long td passes. Should be much closer this year and not a shocker if GC wins. I'll say SJC wins 31-24.

Bro.... were you just final score watching? Because GC beat them down and SJC did not. 

Marietta led SJC 14-7 at halftime on the road. Narrowly up 21-0 before a costly turnover inside the five. SJC struggled to survive all day.

Good Counsel was crushing Marietta 24-0 right before halftime in Georgia. GC dominated Marietta most of the game.  

Out of all Marietta’s losses, the SJC game is the only they were in all four quarters. Daisy-chains don’t work and it probably doesnt matter in this weekend’s outcome but the games were not similar in how they were played. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Bro.... were you just final score watching? Because GC beat them down and SJC did not. 

Marietta led SJC 14-7 at halftime on the road. Narrowly up 21-0 before a costly turnover inside the five. SJC struggled to survive all day.

Good Counsel was crushing Marietta 24-0 right before halftime in Georgia. GC dominated Marietta most of the game.  

Out of all Marietta’s losses, the SJC game is the only they were in all four quarters. Daisy-chains don’t work and it probably doesnt matter in this weekend’s outcome but the games were not similar in how they were played. 

I was at the game...SJC played horribly for 20 minutes and then dominated the second half. Would have been 35-14 if not for a first down fumble at the five and kneeling on first down at the five at the end. GC dominated early and then let Marietta get close in the second half. Bottom line was a 7 point win in week five and a 12 point in week 1...all of which means nothing this week

12 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

LOL...... Dude we had 8 starters out for that game and they didn’t beat us down. 3 of them was at RB.  We wasn’t down 24-0 at no point in the GC game. We was actually just down 5 pts with 5 mins left in game when GC punted the ball down to the 20 and we muffed the punt. Thay  got it at the 10 and a few plays later the went up by 12. The next position we drove to the 5 yd line when time ran out. So you could say no muffed punt we could have taken the lead🤷‍♂️.  

Either way those 2 teams are going to give each other fits. 

I am going with SJC bye 3

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

I was at the game...SJC played horribly for 20 minutes and then dominated the second half. Would have been 35-14 if not for a first down fumble at the five and kneeling on first down at the five at the end. GC dominated early and then let Marietta get close in the second half. Bottom line was a 7 point win in week five and a 12 point in week 1...all of which means nothing this week

Dude that game should have been 28-0 us at half. We stalled out on the 15 yd line up 7-0 held Sjc  the next drive then went up 14-0. Right before half at  Sjc 5yd line we throw a pick in the end zone which was returned to the 18. Sjc scores to make it 14-7 at half. So game could have easily been 28-0 half. 

With that being said “if a frog had wings it wouldn’t bump its azz when it jumps either”.

Good luck to both teams should be a good one!

11 minutes ago, OLB76 said:

LOL...... Dude we had 8 starters out for that game and they didn’t beat us down. 3 of them was at RB.  We wasn’t down 24-0 at no point in the GC game. We was actually just down 5 pts with 5 mins left in game when GC punted the ball down to the 20 and we muffed the punt. Thay  got it at the 10 and a few plays later the went up by 12. The next position we drove to the 5 yd line when time ran out. So you could say no muffed punt we could have taken the lead🤷‍♂️.  

Either way those 2 teams are going to give each other fits. 

I am going with SJC bye 3

Was 21-0 at one point 

1 hour ago, OLB76 said:

Dude that game should have been 28-0 us at half. We stalled out on the 15 yd line up 7-0 held Sjc  the next drive then went up 14-0. Right before half at  Sjc 5yd line we throw a pick in the end zone which was returned to the 18. Sjc scores to make it 14-7 at half. So game could have easily been 28-0 half. 

With that being said “if a frog had wings it wouldn’t bump its azz when it jumps either”.

Good luck to both teams should be a good one!

Lots of ifs and could've beens for Marietta this season but one thing for sure is that after the SJC game they were the most talented 1-4 team in the country...and they should be a force next year.