Jersey guys - Jabrill Peppers

GrecoRoman

30 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

the bigger problem that I see now and not just in NJ but all over the country is the grey shirting. BC's freshmen squad is undefeated but the dirty little secret is is that most of the team is a year older. A little birdie told me that there are some really good athletes on this team that can't sniff the field (1 kid is supposedly 16). It is a growing problem through all of HS sports and eventually it will be addressed in my opinion. NJ state senate leader Cody (former HS coach) actually introduced legislation last year in order to stop it but it didn't pass. 

College are forcing the hand to gray shirt. They want older players when you show up. So that trickle down goes to HS. If you can graduate HS at 19 instead of 18 than redshirt in college for a year now you a 20 year old rs freshman that would be ideal for colleges. If your around recruiting like a lot of you guys are you know that 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

College are forcing the hand to gray shirt. They want older players when you show up. So that trickle down goes to HS. If you can graduate HS at 19 instead of 18 than redshirt in college for a year now you a 20 year old rs freshman that would be ideal for colleges. If your around recruiting like a lot of you guys are you know that 

understand the thought process but to me it ushers in another whole gray area where it tilts the playing field. guess i'm just not in support of it

9 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

understand the thought process but to me it ushers in another whole gray area where it tilts the playing field. guess i'm just not in support of it

That's the recruiting world and parents understand it. If they can hold their kid back 2x they would. The older the more mature the better for colleges. And with the sky rocketing price of college you gotta do what you gotta do to get that scholarship.