Part of the reason I've never been a huge buyer of star ratings like Rivals and 247

HawgGoneIt

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

1. My guess best guess would be these colleges use the hype to build the players bio on the roster list, the blogger and sportswriters use it for their own end... nope not a guess, it's happening but as far as using for identifying... probably not unless the eye test passes at a game or event live. More of prompting a "looky Lou".

2. Only for the dad forking out the cash for the "elite" camps and "workshops", interestingly some of these "evaluators" are former coaches... some couldn't cut it coaching, some have love trysts with the players moms. Some sit on the All American voting committees and take "donations" so that little Johnny and little Suzy get on that roster despite all sorts of character flags.

3. Yup true dat... value is in those booklets sold for $1000s at these events with all the pertinent info on these players, just so "evaluator" can possess the latest bling, sneaks and spinner 22s on that Charger.

Regards,

BGW

I kind of suspected as much. I mean, I've seen quite a few recruiters around Colquitt practices and games, even some contract types, but never seen a guy or gal with a Rivals or 247 shirt or cap on. 

I do know that our coach(es) will call their college contacts and point out kids that they may be interested in. 

I'm thinking most recruiters are arriving to see kids due to that stuff and these recruiting sites are just building hype for profit. Idk. Just the way it looks to me. 

• Like 1