When it comes to offers

HSFBfan

Does an athlete upon receiving the offer initially from the coach ever decline it. Like thanks but no thanks I would never come to your school. Just seems like a lot of coaches throw out offers to athletes they have no chance of getting. 

For example I'll take the NJ athletes. You see offers from midwest schools and than out to cali and even down south. More than 70% of the coveted players from NJ will never go to any of those schools. So as a coach arent you wasting your time looking at the athlete talking to them etc.

Even on the flip side if your thr athlete and a coach is talking to you and you know your never going to go there should you stop the conversation and be like coach thanks for the phone call but I have no interest in your school.

41 minutes ago, elKakador said:

How serious are offers at this time of the year?  An offer made in April can easily  disappear in December.

Coaches over-offer.  They not only know that they're not gonna get all the players they offer, they don't even want all the players they offer...

Oh ok thanks for the info. I thought they only offered players they wanted. If you dont want a player why offer?

1 hour ago, elKakador said:

How serious are offers at this time of the year?  An offer made in April can easily  disappear in December.

Coaches over-offer.  They not only know that they're not gonna get all the players they offer, they don't even want all the players they offer...

False.

The "not want" = 2nd choice if the 1st choice commits. But, the same player would be a "target" once the 1st choice picks another school.