Colquitt Football Banquet

MTP28

Hey Hogdownonit and all the other Packer supporters. From the real football vent I’ve been reading where the banquet was restricted to just seniors and the greet and meet was rather limited. Now here’s the question Hoggeit in your opinion does this sound like more control being placed upon all football matters since the Rush has been displaced? 

If you you or your alter egos revert back to your typical adolescent reactions never mind. And please refrain from the juvenile GIF

• Thumbs Down 3

Well, it's no secret that the current administration appears to want to erase everything "Rush" from the program. 

Even to the point of changing the banquet set up, and not giving out the normal recognitions plaques and etc. to the biggest supporters. 

As someone that not only talks the talk, but, does in fact walk the walk, it's like another big slap in the face to take away little things like that. It's like they intentionally want to drive down support all the while having the new coach spinning his wheels talking a game that they chop off at every turn. 

I really think nothing has changed but the change. I'm not sure if it is just attacks on everything that was built or just an attack on football in Colquitt County and it's support network in general. 

Either way, in my personal opinion, the administration is pretty stupid about how they're handling stuff. Especially if they want the new coach to succeed. 

I'm starting to wonder if they do want him to succeed. 

There. A nice opinion piece because you asked nicely. 

Now, because you took a stab at the end...

Chopped down the annual awards and recognition banquet... Yeah!

fih_1554157700965.gif.6306cd71349c6c3423d2d573d9be11a6.gif

Undermine the new coach's support right when he's appearing to work so hard to get it.... Yeah!

fih_1554309975977.gif.83308ca3d5ef9a0379a15f01c4e846d8.gif

Die Football Die! We all float down here!

fih_1554001065846.gif.069fe7d574c89cfc86f5e125980d492d.gif

• Haha 2

Lost in all of this is clearly the biggest denominator which is ego Sad part about this was the previous underclassmen that worked for that praise and recognition that has been suddenly removed. Recognizing donors and supporters is the lifeblood of any program. Hopefully Rogers will work to rebuild it.

Don't get me wrong... it's tough to have a banquet to recognize players and supporters when you have no idea who they are or what they did. 

That's where we are right now. The administration knows so little about how everything worked, and who the supporters were, that they couldn't possibly give out awards. They fired all the coaches save a very few so without the leadership or guidence of the guy that actually drove the program, they were and are clueless on what to do about the support mechanisms. 

Then when they do ask for help or ideas, they're looking at everyone that always helped from the corner of their eyes, and even at times asking where a supporter/volunteer's loyalties lie. Like do they lie with Rush or the Packers program. 

I've had to bite my tongue a couple of times already. 

People can be loyal to both. 

I think what they really want to ask is if we're loyal to Doug, Jamie and Tick. I hate to tell them, but, the program is bigger than them and all of us. Many have their nose to the grind and are loyal to the program, are friends with the Propsts and will do everything they can for the program... In spite of the bullcrap childish fit that the admin has pulled. 

I personally wouldn't piss on any of the three amigos if they were on fire right now. I'll still do everything I can for the kids. Begrudgingly though, mind you. Begrudgingly because the amigos will benefit from the potential success that would be driven by the people they keep slapping in the face. 

In most cases like you indicated Admin. Folks do not think the whole scourched earth policy thru. As you mentioned it should be based on development of the kids playing while establishing community pride like Rush did. I have always thought Colquitt was competitive but moved to a different level. Talent runs in cycles. I’ve chided about Randy but his time is nearing.

There is no doubt that we have done more with less talent through the Rush era than most any team I have any tid bit of knowledge about. 

It's a testament to the organization capabilities as much as it was coach ability. 

The new principal is just ignorant. He doesn't yet understand what's happened I think. He's just happy and satisfied that he has a "yes man" cheesing at him and looking for his apporoval for every little thing. 

I really am not sure if Doug understands yet either, but, he has no excuse. He's lived here for a long time. 

Gregg... he knows what has happened. I think I see the regret on his face. He may well be just a passenger in the car of the other two, but, he is in there with them none the less. I almost hate it for him. 

Tough living around this community right now I imagine. 

When you have a meet the new coach night and 100 or so people show up, and one of them had to drive from Amelia... well, that is a bad sign. 

It was far from a full house. Gregg knows it's not good. Doug and Jamie are too busy smiling like a mule eating briars to realize yet. 

If it slows revenues it will be realized too late.The reality is if the team /!Coach have a good season then most of the infrastructure will be in place to resume support and as always the case naysayers will continue to be present. We deal with that currently. But Rush will be a tough act to follow